• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia A v Japan XV matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Australia A team to play Japan at Chichibunomiya Rugby Stadium in Tokyo on Saturday 1 October, 7:00pm JST/8:00pm AEST

1. Matt Gibbon (Melbourne Rebels)

2. Lachlan Lonergan (ACT Brumbies)

3. Tom Robertson (Western Force)

4. Nick Frost (ACT Brumbies)

5. Cadeyrn Neville (ACT Brumbies)

6. Ned Hanigan (NSW Waratahs)

7. Ollie Callan (Western Force)

8. Langi Gleeson (NSW Waratahs)

9. Ryan Lonergan (c) (ACT Brumbies)

10. Ben Donaldson (NSW Waratahs)

11. Filipo Daugunu (Queensland Reds)

12. Bayley Kuenzle (Western Force)

13. Hudson Creighton (ACT Brumbies)

14. Suliasi Vunivalu (Queensland Reds)

15. Jock Campbell (Queensland Reds)

Replacements

16. Billy Pollard (ACT Brumbies)

17. Harry Hoopert (Queensland Reds)

18. Archer Holz (NSW Waratahs)

19. Ryan Smith (Queensland Reds)

20. Brad Wilkin (Melbourne Rebels)

21. James Tuttle (Melbourne Rebels)

22. Isaac Henry (Queensland Reds)

23. Mark Nawaqanitawase (NSW Waratahs)

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Good luck to him, hope he brains it but surely some injuries/post season surgeries must of come into play. I see Reimer is in a sling but I think of a guy like Hardwick could have come in.

Is there something up with Liam Wright?

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Wonder why Neville is starting? Is it just match fitness before going to Europe, otherwise, bit harsh on Smith who these types of games are tailored at.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Wonder why Neville is starting? Is it just match fitness before going to Europe, otherwise, bit harsh on Smith who these types of games are tailored.
Have to think so.

At the end of it all, Aus A serves to benefit the Wallabies. Smith will get time in the games.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wonder why Neville is starting? Is it just match fitness before going to Europe, otherwise, bit harsh on Smith who these types of games are tailored at.
Neville was parachuted back in against NZ and did not perform to standard, he needs more games.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Will be interesting how we play this one, in the pac tourn we were trying to win & some guys off the bench got limited min. Do we just got in with a plan of how much guys play regardless of the score knowing it more of a trial game or do we just try to win at all cost

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
Callan enjoyed a breakout season in 2022, making 11 Super Rugby Pacific appearances, including a standout performance against the Chiefs in Round 13 that earned the 21-year-old a Team of the Week selection.

The homegrown (West Australian) back rower made his debut against the Waratahs in the opening round of the 2020 Super Rugby AU campaign and has since become a powerful player renowned for his work ethic and ability to win the ball.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Callan enjoyed a breakout season in 2022, making 11 Super Rugby Pacific appearances, including a standout performance against the Chiefs in Round 13 that earned the 21-year-old a Team of the Week selection.

The homegrown (West Australian) back rower made his debut against the Waratahs in the opening round of the 2020 Super Rugby AU campaign and has since become a powerful player renowned for his work ethic and ability to win the ball.
Yeah look I said Odd selection on the other threat but Bolter is the term. Good luck to him

Have to say some Force games weren't high on the must watch list for me so its my own ignorance.

Will be interesting how we play this one, in the pac tourn we were trying to win & some guys off the bench got limited min. Do we just got in with a plan of how much guys play regardless of the score knowing it more of a trial game or do we just try to win at all cost
You'd have to think the guys like Neville, Frost, Vunivalu would have a plan sent with them.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I'm not, Daugunu is quality and if we can get him back to his career best form that's a huge asset considering the state of our wingers currently.

Fair I see your point, he has gone backwards a bit this year maybe inj not sure. Hopefully all 4 get a run over the 3 games

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Fair I see your point, he has gone backwards a bit this year maybe inj not sure. Hopefully all 4 get a run over the 3 games
Based off what I've seen of Vunivalu in QPR and for the Reds, I predict he'll do some absolutely game breaking things but also drop the ball like 3 times or miss some easy tackles due to misalignment.

As an aside, would love to see this team go up against the Wallabies.

Status
Not open for further replies.