• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia A v Japan XV matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overtime

Herbert Moran (7)
Based off what I've seen of Vunivalu in QPR and for the Reds, I predict he'll do some absolutely game breaking things but also drop the ball like 3 times or miss some easy tackles due to misalignment.

As an aside, would love to see this team go up against the Wallabies.
'As an aside, would love to see this team go up against the Wallabies', that's how they did it in the old days a game of probables against possibles. The truth is that this team could very well get up against the current wallabies. The only area lacking is the front row.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
'As an aside, would love to see this team go up against the Wallabies', that's how they did it in the old days a game of probables against possibles. The truth is that this team could very well get up against the current wallabies. The only area lacking is the front row.
Want to strengthen the front row? I offer you Fred Kaihua, Connal McInerney, Sefu Kaitua. :p :p:p

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
934B1C0A-F567-4030-BCEA-3987D68C30DC.jpeg
F157AA35-05AD-4AA7-BCA4-1F7317288FCA.jpeg

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
A lot of people have been calling for Vunivalu, Campbell and Gleeson to get a shot, now they can prove they should have been and get in for the EOYT. I would have liked to see Tate in the squad to get more game time.
Callan will go well, has a much higher ceiling I believe than someone like hardwick and 6 years younger

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
A lot of people have been calling for Vunivalu, Campbell and Gleeson to get a shot, now they can prove they should have been and get in for the EOYT. I would have liked to see Tate in the squad to get more game time.
Callan will go well, has a much higher ceiling I believe than someone like hardwick and 6 years younger
Agreed, I would have been giving Wilson a good run as well

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
None of you want to hear this but given the inconsistency of performance from 6 I think Ned Hanigan is a few strong performances away from a call up.

I actually think he's the most likely of the team (excluding those already regular members of the Wallabies squad).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Good luck to him, hope he brains it but surely some injuries/post season surgeries must of come into play. I see Reimer is in a sling but I think of a guy like Hardwick could have come in.

Is there something up with Liam Wright?
Happy not to see Hardwick. He goes hard but is a very unintelligent player.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
None of you want to hear this but given the inconsistency of performance from 6 I think Ned Hanigan is a few strong performances away from a call up.

I actually think he's the most likely of the team (excluding those already regular members of the Wallabies squad).
He was pretty good when he came back for the Tahs. Powerful carries.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Just querying the comment.

Manhandled and physically dominated at the collision were some of the remarks directed at the Tahs forwards after the Chiefs game.

Maybe he had a cracking game in the other one he started?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Just querying the comment.

Manhandled and physically dominated at the collision were some of the remarks directed at the Tahs forwards after the Chiefs game.

Maybe he had a cracking game in the other one he started?
He was fine in both games. The problem wasn't Hanigan per se. It was that Waratahs don't have any full sized locks and a relatively small front row.

I wouldn't say he was excellent though. Think his discipline was still an issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.