• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Argentina 7 Oct 2017 in Mendoza

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
About 500K and circa 11 hours to charter a big enough jet to fit in our entourage of 40-50 and fly direct to Mendoza. I guess that rules that out.
Unless we can do a deal with the plane stopping off in Colombia for some powder on its empty return to RSA.

Or just ask Twiggy. He seems to be pretty keen on throwing some dosh around.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
If that's the sort of performance we put up when we're supposed to be heavily fatigued I don't think the ARU needs to start campaigning for a change in schedule just yet. Sure we looked a little flat at times but we still managed to run over the top of them in the last 20.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Most international flights from South Africa leave from Johannesburg - we haven't played SA in J'burg since TRC started, so we always have an additional domestic flight from.....Pretoria.......
What, 50km by bus to the airport at Jo'burg? Doubt very much if travellers ever fly from Pretoria to Johannesburg. If SANZAAR scheduled a charter flight from Johannesburg to Buenos Aires, with a few months' notice, I wonder how many seats they could sell?

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
For those who may be interested in Ruck Involvements against the Pumas:

Hooper – 81 mins - 31 Total (24 Attack/7 Defence)
Sio – 81 mins - 30T (29A/1D)
Dempsey – 81 mins - 25T (22A/3D)
Coleman – 81 mins - 23T (23A/0D)
Rodda – 54 mins – 22T (21A/1D)
McMahon – 65 mins – 21T (20A/1D)
TPN – 65 mins – 21T (20A/1D)
Kepu – 54 mins – 15T (15A/0D)
Ala'alatoa – 27 mins – 14T (13A/1D)
Tui – 16 mins – 8T (8A/0D)
Moore – 16 mins – 6T (6A/0D)
Simmons – 27 mins 6T (6A/0D)
Faulkner – 2T (2A/0D)

** Hooper had 35% of “D” ruck involvement. Back Row – 55%.
++Front Row had 34% of TRIs and 33% of ARIs.

BEST BACKS: Kuridrani & Hodge – 81 mins – 11T (10A/1D)

Wallabies stood off 68% of “D” rucks.
Averaged only 0.3 players per “D” ruck – placing little pressure on Pumas’ ball.
Incredibly passive. Don’t rate this a winning strategy against top teams (esp ABs)
(ABs average about 0.6 players per “D” ruck and about 2.4 players in “A” rucks)

Wallabies supported own ball carriers with >2 players 84% of “A” rucks.
Averaged 2.1 players in support of own ball.

Stats very slanted towards the Wallabies having 64% Possession & 68% Territory.
Both teams with only 11 kicks from hand.
Penalties: P14:10W
Missed Tackles: P28:18W. Wallabies 60 from 78 - 77%. Pumas 120/148 - 81%.
Handling Errors: P22:16W.

T

TOCC

Good performance by Rodda, Simmons involvements are poor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Robertson has done a good job and the criticism is way off the mark. Faulkner was a step down for mine. He spilled a couple of balls that Robertson would have held on to. Scrummaging is a similar level for both - adequate.

Slipper should be an upgrade which is what we need as Robertson can take his rightful place as that Padawan 5th prop (I still think he is a better THP long term)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
What, 50km by bus to the airport at Jo'burg? Doubt very much if travellers ever fly from Pretoria to Johannesburg.

According to a map I just looked at, it's 397 km from Bloemfontein to Johannesburg (Canberra to Sydney is 287 km). I'd be surpised if they piled on a bus for a 4-5 hour bus trip before flying from Johannesburg to Sao Paulo (a distance of 7435 km).
https://www.distancecalculator.net/from-bloemfontein-to-johannesburg

https://www.distancecalculator.net/from-canberra-to-sydney

There seem to be plenty of flights from Bloemfontein to J'Burg, and as it's further than flying from Sydney to Canberra I don't see why it wouldn't be the normal way for a sporting team to travel between the two cities.

Reactions: dru

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon Lindo was talking about the trip from Pretoria (Loftus Versfeld) to Jo'burg which is only about 50km.

Reactions: dru

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Indeed woke up on the floor of a mates place in Pretoria at "oh my head hurts O'clock" and made it to 8 am meeting in joburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.