• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England: Match III, SCG, Sat 16th July 7.55pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I’m not as down on this as some. We started the series at 6th and that’s where we have finished, playing against the 5th ranked team. Sure the higher ranked teams might have seen us go worse, but we weren’t playing against them. We have 11 first choice players unavailable, realistically 3 or 4 is the norm so you can literally say we had half the team out. We are clearly a team on the improve, building some good depth, but we just aren’t executing effectively. The RC will see us improve further I believe and hopefully climb a couple of places if we can snare a couple of wins against the darkness and the saffers.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
On the players who did better

Wright impressed, we now have another solid 14/15 option
Porecki showed what a good 2 looks like
Hodge showed why they keep selecting him, he ain't 1st choice, but he adds value
Samu is very good
Frost did well

the others who have homework
Wilson plays "light" at the moment

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Who went to the game? How was the ‘match day experience’?
Atmosphere was pretty good. The game unfortunately didn’t play out like the Irish v NZ, which was amazing.
The SFS will provide quality viewing going forward.
SCG for cricket and AFL.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
From an Australian Rugby perspective we have an Australia Coach of England in Eddie Jones. The Irish Rugby Director of High Performance for almost decade has been David Nucifora and has delivered a stunning climb up the world rankings.

In the English side they had Guy Porter who never played a Super Rugby and the Irish Mack Hansen who was a fringe Super Rugby Player. The English have also had Nic Dolly in their squad for 6N.

We are not like New Zealand or South Africa who can afford to loose their talent to Foreign nations.

We have talent here and need to hold onto it. And by talent I mean rugby talent not league talent. Go over to the Schoolboy forum and they bitch and moan about such and such kid will go to league or we lost this kid to league. They are kids and early developers for their age in a lot of cases.

We need to cast the net wider and for longer than 18 years old being the cut off to find the best talent.

Rugby administration fails again and again in this country.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Who went to the game? How was the ‘match day experience’?
I enjoyed the atmosphere for the most part, but I remain convinced English are just the worst rugby fans getting around.

The 5 English fans(mid30s men) behind me were hurling abuse at a Wallabies player named ‘Santos’, another made monkeypox remarks when Koroibete had the ball, they got into a ‘bantering exchange’ with a Wallabies fan who had an obvious learning disability, another spilt beer on my wife and apologised, but then whispered to his mate “should have poured the whole fucken thing on her”, the later happened when I was in the bathroom and my wife didn’t tell me until after the match for good reason.

That was probably enough to ruin the match-day experience for me. I won’t pay that much for tickets again. And I deliberately chose seats at the opposite end to the English supporter area.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I enjoyed the atmosphere for the most part, but I remain convinced English are just the worst rugby fans getting around.

The 5 English fans(mid30s men) behind me were hurling abuse at a Wallabies player named ‘Santos’, another made monkeypox remarks when Koroibete had the ball, they got into a ‘bantering exchange’ with a Wallabies fan who had an obvious learning disability, another spilt beer on my wife and apologised, but then whispered to his mate “should have poured the whole fucken thing on her”, the later happened when I was in the bathroom and my wife didn’t tell me until after the match for good reason.

That was probably enough to ruin the match-day experience for me. I won’t pay that much for tickets again. And I deliberately chose seats at the opposite end to the English supporter area.
That’s an awful story, but I’m not surprised, the SDs are out and out rude and crass supporters of any sport, not just ours.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)

I'd have clocked one and bugger the consequences

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

Hodge showed why they keep selecting him, he ain't 1st choice, but he adds value
Samu is very good
Frost did well

I thought Porecki was solid in game 1 but less impactful in game 2 and 3. Although its nice to finally have a Hooker who can throw straight.
FF (Folau Fainga'a) last night was throwing very straight and is a great impact player who can find his way to the line. He seems better in contact too. I hope he get some consistency in his throwing.
Based on game 3, I'd actually have FF (Folau Fainga'a) over Porecki, but probably still stick with Porecki simply for his consistancy in the line out.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)

Try sitting next to a bunch of them over in Japan when we got pasted in that quarter final. It’s just bantz innit lad? Ergh…

Reactions: gel

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think the whole series reflects where the Wallabies are at given our injuries. Just really need to work on those unforced errors if we want to ok climb the rankings.

While the ref made some stuff ups he wasn't dropping our ball or throwing it out that was our game to lose

eastman

Arch Winning (36)

Samu is very good
Frost did well

Lolesio and Hodge have been given a pretty easy ride by most on this forum but I thought both were pretty anonymous during the game.

Lolesio has basically had three successive games in the ten jersey and I don’t think he’s shown any improvement over that time. Our attack has been clunky and Lolesio has shown zero running threat and little creativity ball in hand. We can’t win a Bledisoe or Word Cup with him steering the ship.

You all know how I feel about Hodge but yet again he demonstrated his lack of rugby instinct and fundamental skill. That pass that went over Wrights head early in the game in a rare attacking opportunity was peak Hodge.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Hodge turned the ball over a few times from the back, just couldn’t compete in the air against the English, not his fault he was playing their, but he isn’t a test 15.

Koroibete is just fantastic.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
It’s obvious why English Football have to fence the different supporters off from each other, they’re just a bunch of dicks who can’t support their team without being racist, abhorrent and offensive to those around them.
Some… not all… but the some are pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.