• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England: Match III, SCG, Sat 16th July 7.55pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
No time like the present.

So we are potentially looking at something like this:

1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Tupou
4. Philip
5. Frost
6. Leota
7. Hooper
8. Valetini
9. White
10. Lolesio
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Wright
15. Hodge

16. Fainga'a
17. Slipper
18. Alaalaatoa
19. Holloway/LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
20. Samu
21. Gordon
22. O'Connor (break glass in case of emergency)
23. Paisami/Vunivalu

They will target the back 3 again, both aerially and physically

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
No time like the present.

So we are potentially looking at something like this:

1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Tupou
4. Philip
5. Frost
6. Leota
7. Hooper
8. Valetini
9. White
10. Lolesio
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Wright
15. Hodge

16. Fainga'a
17. Slipper
18. Alaalaatoa
19. Holloway/LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
20. Samu
21. Gordon
22. O'Connor (break glass in case of emergency)
23. Paisami/Vunivalu

They will target the back 3 again, both aerially and physically
Drop Samu for Ryan Smith, and Gordon for Jock Campbell. Gotta plan for these seemingly inevitable multiple lock and fullback injuries…

Joking of course. Geez I hope LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) can slot in. Could really use his physicality. This team still has it in them to knock the Poms off

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Drafting LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) straight onto the bench would be ideal based on who is left in the squad... otherwise another option would be moving Leota to the bench to cover lock/backrow, and start with Wilson...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was even in the squad. If not, no way he comes into a test match under-prepared.

Front row needs to be beefed up in the first half. Back row could be stronger, physically too.

I'd go with :

Slipper,
Fainga'a,
Ala'alatoa,
Philip,
Holloway/Frost,
Leota,
Samu,
Valetini,
White,
Lolesio,
Koroebete,
Kerevi (pass the ball mate),
Ikitau,
Wright,
Hodge,

Porecki,
Bell,
Tupou,
Frost/Hanigan,
Wilson,
McDermott (for something different late in the game),
Paisami,
Vunivalu.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Wallabies need a team that will hit the ground running. We saw how Genge came out flying and the entire English intensity took 25 mins for the wallabies to turn it back to even. (game can and was almost gone)

I'd keep Bell and Tupou starting.

I like starting Samu as his leg speed is fantastic and could be huge with Valetini who has been going great in my opinion. McDermott has that game winning X factor we need in a decider. I'd have Frost in the 2nd Row for his height in Line outs. Phillip was awesome on the Defensive lineouts but if it was Phillip and Holloway we lack that true target.

Rae Rae

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was even in the squad. If not, no way he comes into a test match under-prepared.

Front row needs to be beefed up in the first half. Back row could be stronger, physically too.

I'd go with :

Slipper,
Fainga'a,
Ala'alatoa,
Philip,
Holloway/Frost,
Leota,
Samu,
Valetini,
White,
Lolesio,
Koroebete,
Ikitau,
Wright,
Hodge,

Porecki,
Bell,
Tupou,
Frost/Hanigan,
Wilson,
Paisami,
Vunivalu.

Holloway and Hanigan are both unavailable through injury…

But I wouldn’t want Hanigan covering lock in a test match against England.

I also don’t think benching the in form Bell and Porecki and replacing them with smaller players is going to beef up our front row.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was even in the squad. If not, no way he comes into a test match under-prepared.

I'd go with :

Slipper,
Fainga'a,
Ala'alatoa,
Philip,
Holloway/Frost,
Leota,
Samu,
Valetini,
White,
Lolesio,
Koroebete,
Ikitau,
Wright,
Hodge,

Porecki,
Bell,
Tupou,
Frost/Hanigan,
Wilson,
Paisami,
Vunivalu.
I generally agree with most of your views on rugby BR but the call to completely drop Hooper just seems unnecessarily contrarian.

You know he’s not going to be dropped and I think you know he doesn’t deserve to either. He’s not the biggest guy on the field but how many international teams have openside flankers who are big dominant ball runners? It’s hardly in the job description.

The lack of go forward was because our tight five generally lost the collision and our second row especially ineffective with the hall.

Also I like TT but it would be good to see him occasionally run onto the ball with a little speed.

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
Drafting LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) straight onto the bench would be ideal based on who is left in the squad... otherwise another option would be moving Leota to the bench to cover lock/backrow, and start with Wilson...

I think Leota as the back up second rower off the pine might be the play. He's probably just a little too short to start in the 2 row, but injecting him for Frost with 30 mins to play could work.

Having said that you'd think Itoje is no chance this week after the head knock and with Ewels already ruled out it could be a depleted English second row

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
I think Leota as the back up second rower off the pine might be the play. He's probably just a little too short to start in the 2 row, but injecting him for Frost with 30 mins to play could work.

Having said that you'd think Itoje is no chance this week after the head knock and with Ewels already ruled out it could be a depleted English second row
If they had to Lawes can slot into the 2nd Row as they have lot of Backrow talent in the squad even with Curry gone.

Rae Rae

Status
Not open for further replies.