• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England @ Twickers 17 Nov 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm with p.Tah. The Soap Dodgers will be full of their usual piss and hot air, and will not deliver the anticipated hiding.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Gotta keep Harris, didn't even look like missing.

Beale was just woeful but deserves another chance, some could be blamed on Phipps whose passing was not up to club rugby standard.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Gotta keep Harris, didn't even look like missing.

Beale was just woeful but deserves another chance, some could be blamed on Phipps whose passing was not up to club rugby standard.

The lack of variety in Phipp's game was astounding. All he did was transfer pressure to Beale all game. The French could read them like a book.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Anyone for Phipps
Moore to start
Pocock to start
Timani for Simmons
Samo for Dennis
Digby for McCabe and move AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to 13.

Harris/Barnes is a toss up. I think if the rest of the back-line are doing their job we don't need the extra playmaker in barnes, and so harris should be picked for his kicking. But when the rest of the backline is in shambles barnes is the better option as he can bring some structure to the play.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
You play your best players no if's or buts. Barnes, Diggers & Pocock come straight back in.

I can't believe people on here are questioning starting Pocock. It simple Pocock @ 7 Hooper @ 6 they are the two best players in the team you make it work even if it means dropping Palu & play a lineout jumping #8 in Samo.

Pocock is still the best player in the nation if he's fit then he starts.

My team would be
1.Robinson 2.Moore 3.Slipper 4.Douglas 5.Sharpe 6.Hooper 7.Pocock 8.Samo 9.Sheehan 10.Beale 11.Ioane 12.Tapuai 13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 14.Mitchell 15.Barnes.

16.TPN 17.Kepu 18.Alexander 19.Timani 20.Palu 21.Phipps 22.McCabe 23.Harris.

I know Deans won't pick a team anything like my 23 but at least that backline has tries in it & for Drew Mitchell it's all or nothing for his career from now on in so you can bet he'll be pumped for Twickers.
Unlucky for Gill but there is no use taking a 3rd openside.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
The lack of variety in Phipp's game was astounding. All he did was transfer pressure to Beale all game. The French could read them like a book.

And I couldn't stand Burgees. Now there is this bloke phipps who plays the same.

I don't really no whats going to happen this weekend against England and I can assure Deans doesn't as well. Nothing like having a coach in the top job that has no answers and admits it. I would love to have a job that I can perform so poorly at and still keep A job...
If the this keeps on going The Wallabies will be out of the top 4 world ranking by the end of this tour.... And have a hard draw for the next World cup

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
You play your best players no if's or buts. Barnes, Diggers & Pocock come straight back in.

I can't believe people on here are questioning starting Pocock. It simple Pocock @ 7 Hooper @ 6 they are the two best players in the team you make it work even if it means dropping Palu & play a lineout jumping #8 in Samo.

My team would be
1.Robinson 2.Moore 3.Slipper 4.Douglas 5.Sharpe 6.Hooper 7.Pocock 8.Samo 9.Sheehan 10.Beale 11.Ioane 12.Tapuai 13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 14.Mitchell 15.Barnes.

I know Deans won't pick a team anything like my 23 but at least that backline has tries in it & for Drew Mitchell it's all or nothing for his career from now on in so you can bet he'll be pumped for Twickers.
Swap Barnes and Beale and I'm on board

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
As long as Barnes isn't kicking everything away that's my only fear with barnes playing 10 as he can get kick happy.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
As long as Barnes isn't kicking everything away that's my only fear with barnes playing 10 as he can get kick happy.

Thats all Barnes knows about Rugby. I think his League brain still has not matured into a Union brain. And is very influenced by Robbies eyes when he talks to him saying "we do not run with the Rugby ball in hand"

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)

My team would be

I don't think you can start Slipper and expect our scrum to stand up for long, so switch he and Alexander. Our scrum has been at its best lately with Alexander at TH. Also switch Timani and Hooper. Hooper and Pocock in tandem in the last 20-30 minutes will work but we need a little more beef at the start of the game. Samo starts over Palu for much more impact at that time as well.
I like the look of that backline but you are right, Deans will not pick Taps at 12. Why would he? That's his best position. Ditto for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13.
It is going to be very interesting to see the 23 for this weeks test. Deans is now finally under enormous pressure with no-one at home ready to bail him out. Shit, I even feel sorry for the bloke.

T

TOCC

Pocock and Hooper shouldn't start together, already we have a vulnerable lineout and scrum..

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The only time our backline made any inroads was when Barnes was on the field.

I think he has to replace Harris at 15.

Our forwards got smashed. Timani to start at 6, Alexander back to 3, Moore to start ahead of TPN, Pocock replaces Gill on the bench.

Sheehan should get a start ahead of Phipps. He had a diabolical game.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Keep Simmons and drop Dennis with Pocock to start. Gotta feel for Simmons. Gets criticised for being soft and comes out and puts the biggest hit on the side made all game. It was no worse than one earlier in the game. It's my view that he went back into his shell after the incident. If he gets his head right he could make a very good combo with Horwill and Douglas.

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu (no other option really)
4. Douglas
5. Sharpe
6. Pocock
7. Hooper
8. Samo
9. Sheehan
10. Beale (ugh)
11. Ioane
12. Taps
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. McCabe
15. Harris

16. TPN
17. Robinson
18. Ryan (thought this bloke could scrum?)
19. Simmons
20. Palu (not doing enough to run on)
21. Anyone but Phipps
22. Barnes
23. Cummins

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Keep Simmons and drop Dennis with Pocock to start. Gotta feel for Simmons. Gets criticised for being soft and comes out and puts the biggest hit on the side made all game. It was no worse than one earlier in the game. It's my view that he went back into his shell after the incident. If he gets his head right he could make a very good combo with Horwill and Douglas

Huh? He up-ended a player without the ball. He should have been yellow carded and certainly would have been if the referee/assistants had worked out who did it.

I don't think foul play within a couple of minutes of coming onto the field is a positive sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.