• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England @ Twickers 17 Nov 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Australian Rugby needs a clean out much like the Force have gone through this year. .../snip/....

I know I may be a little selective here with respect to the clean out at the Force, but you may have cleaned out one coach to the Reds, to simply recruit a coach that was being cleaned out from the Tahs.

Not sure who is the real winner here. I think it may be the Tahs. Not sure the Force will be any better off having traded one coach to the Reds to pick up someone who struggled while at the Tahs. Reds will at least have Link as Director of Rugby to keep their Force reject Coach on the straicht and narrow for next season.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I know I may be a little selective here with respect to the clean out at the Force, but you may have cleaned out one coach to the Reds, to simply recruit a coach that was being cleaned out from the Tahs.

Not sure who is the real winner here. I think it may be the Tahs. Not sure the Force will be any better off having traded one coach to the Reds to pick up someone who struggled while at the Tahs. Reds will at least have Link as Director of Rugby to keep their Force reject Coach on the straicht and narrow for next season.
Bit more than one coach.

1 CEO Gone
1Head Coach Gone
1 Rugby Manager Gone
2 Assistant Coachs Gone
12 Players Gone

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bit more than one coach.

1 CEO Gone
1Head Coach Gone
1 Rugby Manager Gone
2 Assistant Coachs Gone
12 Players Gone

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

The Men in Gold in 2013
1 CEO gone
1 Head Coach Gone (according to many posters)
? Assistant Coaches gone
? players gone/posted to Team Rehab

Some similarities perhaps.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I don't think I've ever been more depressed about our chances going into a game in the Old Dart. I cannot see a single area that we will (or even could) dominate in this game. We are going to get flogged I think.

I bloody hope we don't and may be being a bit negative, but when I look at our performances across the season there isn't a lot to be hopeful about.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
We are a shoe in I reckon. One thing you can bank on with this side is that we are consistently inconsistent. We are bound to have a cracking game, aim up in the forwards and defence and scrape home with one try and a pile of penalties.

I wish and hope.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I hope you're right Scotty. Could get as ugly as the soap dodging, dentist avoiding, top tip stiffening, Belgrano sinking home crowd.

M

Moono75

I think some coaches are governed by the environment they are in. Foley comes into a Force team that has picked up some great assistant coaches and top line support staff. They have put in place a structure to succeed. Players have been turned over with more possibly to follow in 2014. Its all on the improve.

That said its the Wallabies we have to worry about this weekend.

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
I guess it would be too optimistic to hope that Taps will be moved to 12 and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to 13?
Deans will probably slot Harris into 12, or move Barnes there and bring Harris back at 15.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
14 weeks reduced to 8 for good behaviour. Holy crap. Given the 2 week rule in the TRC I thought anything from 2 - 4 weeks.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
With no McCabe I actually want to see Barnes at 12.

10. Beale
11. Ioane
12. Barnes
13. Taps
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15. Harris

Probably too much danger of the ball reaching the outside men with such a combo for Deans to even risk it. Wingers are only out there to field kicks and hit it up mid-field.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
With no McCabe I actually want to see Barnes at 12.

10. Beale
11. Ioane
12. Barnes
13. Taps
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15. Harris

Probably too much danger of the ball reaching the outside men with such a combo for Deans to even risk it. Wingers are only out there to field kicks and hit it up mid-field.

I would like to see

9 Sheehan
10 Beale
11 Ioane
12 Taps
13 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 Cummins
15 Barnes

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
FUCK ME!!!! 14 WEEKS FOR SIMMONS???????
Surely we'll challenge this.

Even the english commentators were not convinced it was a penalty and in the end agreed he may have just slightly gone over the horizontal....

Fucking awesome tackle in my book.

Bizarre ruling.

No loss for us though. Higgers just won a trip to italy.

Sorry for mccabe, but secretly wrapped.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Richo,

Don't think that is valid. Whatever pool you are in you generally can only lose one game if you want to make the finals.

If you lose two, you don't deserve to be there.

If we lose two games in the pool we don't deserve to even progress out of it. France had to play New Zealand in the pool matches and they ended up in the final against same with the 2007 World Cup with England and South Africa.

If we can't go through the Rugby World Cup campaign undefeated, then we don't deserve to win it.

I agree that if you lose two you don't deserve to be there. But that's exactly my point. We want to be in a situation where we play the least number of difficult games early, minimising injuries and encouraging a build towards peak performance. It's expected that the tops will be very close and that the best team on the day will win. What you want is a pool situation that doesn't force you to play a close competitor early. In other words, you want to maximise control of your own destiny until the elimination rounds. This should have been what happened in 2011, but we all know what happened against Ireland.

Look, I don't think it's the end of the world if we don't rank in the top 4. It is, of course, still possible to make the finals or win the RWC without such positioning. But it does make it trickier. That's why teams are so keen to ensure their best possible ranking right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.