• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Scotland, 3:00pm 17 June Sydney Football Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Re the post game drinking, I don't have a problem with it as long as it's in moderation and they aren't being dickheads. It's good for fan (if there are any left) engagement and they are entitled to have a social life.

I witnessed some outrageous behaviour by well known Wallabies (and leaguies) out on the drink in my 20s (so up to around 2000). At least those days are passed in the pro era!

Whilst I appreciate that all rugby players should be warrior monks and return to their cells after a game for self reflection, moderation is the key.

But for some, like me, who are just shit at moderation and just "nah" is the better option

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Gym -

Gym is a place you go to do the extra's. In my eyes it is generally the off season hang and improve, or used for rehab.

I'm seeing far to many photo's of the whole team looking pretty at the gym. it does not help with match fitness, ball handling, and operating under presure on the paddock..
Dave- going to the gym is not unique to the Wallabies, the All Blacks and British Lions would be doing a comparable amount of gym work (they even post this on Facebook ;) ). Modern day S&C programs know that there must be a minimum amount of gym work to maintain the strength levels generally attained in the pre-season. They are still spending the majority of the time on the paddock and the work done there is the main issue.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Cheika needs to change his fucking game plan. He has had the same one since appointed.

Every opposition team knows it, particularly Matt Taylor. Everyone knows that defence is built on attitude. Too many blokes are playing for themselves .

Chek is the one who should be under the microscope, plus his assistants.

Robinson a waste of space - use Toby for rest of year before he is unavailable for us. TPN needs to be replaced by Moore (fuck, did I say that)

Genia needs to be dropped big time. Absolutely sub standard.

ONLY bright light was Folau. I just don't know why he is not used mire in that fashion - high ball cross kicks.

Congrats to Scotland

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Cheika needs to change his fucking game plan. He has had the same one since appointed.

Every opposition team knows it, particularly Matt Taylor. Everyone knows that defence is built on attitude. Too many blokes are playing for themselves .

Chek is the one who should be under the microscope, plus his assistants.

Robinson a waste of space - use Toby for rest of year before he is unavailable for us. TPN needs to be replaced by Moore (fuck, did I say that)

ONLY bright light was Folau. I just don't know why he is not used mire in that fashion - high ball cross kicks.

Congrats to Scotland

Just want to pull you up on that one. Folau was good but the real bright lights were Hooper and Coleman. If we could put a bit of those 3 into everyone else we'd be unbeatable.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
TPN needs to be replaced by Moore (fuck, did I say that)

Really? Replace TPN with Moore?
Just last week it was the other way around.
A pop pass that was intercepted by the Scots wasn't his best moment, but other than that he was pretty solid and was the scrum with him on. The 2 overthrows aren't his fault alone.

Moore seemed to have had the rug pulled out from under his feet at one point...
d494d3300eede62985c49b12f3745645.gif

This week they looked flat to start & took a while to get settled.

Whilst Genia isn't solely responsible, he did have a few more bungles than the rest. His piece from rugby.com.au was good to see, but he's just one piece of the puzzle.

They'll come out punching against Italy & will have trained the house down this week (hopefully not to exhaustion).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Scotland are a good team and you can't afford to gift two tries against opposition of that quality.

That said, the Wallabies had numerous excellent opportunities to attack late in the game and kept making errors. If we were a better side those 5m lineouts and attacking opportunities in the 22 would have been enough for us to get the win.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I was out at the ground and haven't rewatched the game. But what did Robinson do that was so bad that he was a "waste of space"?

Scrums were pretty good all night

Scrum held up with Robertson and he had a lot of ruck involvements, according to the stats posted earlier. Par score, wouldn't say a waste of space. See what Smith has, I doubt it will be magnitudes more, but he's also pretty solid.
I think there were far worse factors in the loss than set piece and ruck work, but of course the latter could always be more dynamic.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Scrum held up with Robertson and he had a lot of ruck involvements, according to the stats posted earlier. Par score, wouldn't say a waste of space. See what Smith has, I doubt it will be magnitudes more, but he's also pretty solid.
I think there were far worse factors in the loss than set piece and ruck work, but of course the latter could always be more dynamic.

You miss the point. He is a Tah.

Upthenuts

Dave Cowper (27)
ive noticed this the last two wallaby games, everyone bar hooper looks slow and unfit, you cant coach speed maybe its the camerao angles but with the lions and kiwi players the last few weeks the players genuinely look like they are moving faster.

Kev

Herbert Moran (7)
Haha - it could easily be one of 50 or so posters here couldn't it.

Btw: shows the power reach of FB. Are we ranting in the wrong place? We who reside principally here at GAGR remain 'truly niche'.

It was shared by Veitchy on Sport so half of the people who liked it are kiwis laughing at our demise.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Dave- going to the gym is not unique to the Wallabies, the All Blacks and British Lions would be doing a comparable amount of gym work (they even post this on Facebook ;) ). Modern day S&C programs know that there must be a minimum amount of gym work to maintain the strength levels generally attained in the pre-season. They are still spending the majority of the time on the paddock and the work done there is the main issue.

I do not disagree with you, i haven'y put into words correctly. Operating exhausted under pressure that can only be brought with match fitness.

I believe our boys are fit enough, but operating ball in hand, with a game plan, under pressure, when exhausted - I'm not seeing it.

I have no doubt all the players want that gold jersey, and would bleed for it - but we are missing something at the moment and its not distractions / we have far to many at present with the ARU.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Hooper was just Hooper - runs around, does some good stuff but is not a real member of the 8. He plays unbelievably loose for me.

Hooper's style of play needs to be pulled into line. He needs to compliment others in the team. His cleanout on Higgers resulted in a penalty against us and the dumbo commentators blamed Higgers when clearly it was Hooper's inadequacies in cleaning out. Hooper's name wasn't even mentioned.

At national level I don't give fuck whether a player is a Brumby, Tah, Red, Force or Rebel so Wamberal, your levity is again misplaced.

The real questions should all be about Cheika and his winning or losing ratios, his Assistants and the lack of attitude/culture within the group (and the reasons why it is deficient) and HOW to fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.