• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia Vs Argentina, September 13, Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Why does no one from Brisbane make the trip? If there was a Test in Wollongong (about same distance) most Sydneysiders would go.

I would also say that schoolboy rugby, which doesn't round up till close to 5, will have an impact on families heading down for the game. It doesn't leave much room for error getting home and travelling time. Add to that a full day of sport may leave a few parents wanting to give the trip a miss.

tic

Herbert Moran (7)
I know plenty of Brisbane people travelling to this game. They can catch the train and get out at the door of CBus Stadium.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Rewatched last weekends match, I think the Wallabies looked better than people thought, they kept SA (who weren't shocking) to only one try. I predict Wallabies by +12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
I think the loss of Tomas Lavanini will hurt their scrum enough that we'll at least have parity - I'm taking the optimistic approach.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Against the RG's ever teams worried about the scrum.. It's a test I think we need to match

EDIT: I think slips taf and Kepu will fight it out

I'd just like to be sure that our scrum will be 8 on 8! This week no forward should even look up till the halfback yells "balls out".

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'd just like to be sure that our scrum will be 8 on 8! This week no forward should even look up till the halfback yells "balls out".
Im of the opinion that should be every week.. But obviously they know more then me

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/rugby/argentinas-scrum-the-ultimate-setpiece-challenge-in-test-rugby/story-fnjbavwm-1227055730956

Some might say this is going to be a 'nothing' or 'boring' test match tonight. With most watching the other code of 'Rugby'....the lesser code to be precise.

Anyway, one facet I am greatly looking forward to is the scrum. Plenty of stigma has been associated with the Wallabies scrummaging in the past. I'm optimistic, though. As Handy alludes, this is a great chance for the three Wallaby front-rower to test themselves, especially with a World Cup around the corner. Can't wait.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Why does no one from Brisbane make the trip? If there was a Test in Wollongong (about same distance) most Sydneysiders would go.
Just like they all go to western Sydney?

Homebush gets great crowds but I doubt they would get big numbers for Argentina, I dont think SFS would go close to a sell out.

I think tonight's game should have had QLD Country and Brisbane City play in a curtain raiser to add some value to the ticket price.

I have added an edit, it appears that there is a warm up game. Maybe better advertising should be used to get crowds up

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
61f8b5e7aeab4edc1355debdfc20f494.jpg

All set to go here on the Gold Coast. Rain seems to be staying away so happy days.

Status
Not open for further replies.