• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs South Africa 8th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
New game new thread.. What changes would you like to see Id like big Arnold to get a run. Possibly Banks on the wing. To'omua a start.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Thor back from the bench id say safe bet. Then start him againt the argies

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Samu for Hooper
Timu brought onto the bench
To'omua for Foley

I'll keep KB (Kurtley Beale) at 12 because there's no-one else.

For a wildcard, Slipper for Robertson as well.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I would probably shake things up just a bit. Wouldn't mind seeing something like:

1. Sio
2. TPN
3. Kepu
4. Coleman
5. Arnold
6. Tui
7. Samu
8. Pocock (c)
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Maddocks
12. Beale
13. Hodge
14. Banks
15. DHP

16. Robertson/AAA
17. Fainga'a
18. Tupou
19. Simmons
20. Hanigan/Timu
21. Hooper
22. Phipps
23. Koroibete

Maybe lacking a little coverage in the backs. Hanigan because he can do backrow things other than pilfer. Relegating Hooper to the bench not because i think he's not as good as Samu but because he's seemed somewhat off the pace.

Despite all the doom and gloom i think we still have more than enough to beat the bokke and argies. Pretty stoked we don't have to play the god damn all blacks again for another four matches.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
I think with this Wallabies team it is a bit of a case of horses for courses. Eg against South Africa and Argentina at home we can probably get away with a similar team we had the last 2 weeks and play an expansive game.

We are trying to beat the All Blacks at their own game, and play running rugby which doesn't work. Against the all blacks we should try a more defensive approach with To'omua at 10, better defenders in the centres, no Hooper etc.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cripes Castle saying oz performance against NZ not acceptable....Well how much have RA contributed to that gap...frigging lots....

Sort out rugby in oz ie. grassroots and better pathways and pro comp people interested in (not what our SANZAAR partners like NZ want) and work with other key partners like Twiggy etc to move forward and you might give the Wallabies a chance.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I'm assuming not, they arrived back in the UK yesterday
They were required back in England for the weekend not technically part of the international window. The rest of the RC they are required to be released by their club.

I assume Cheika will call them back.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Cripes Castle saying oz performance against NZ not acceptable..Well how much have RA contributed to that gap.frigging lots..

Sort out rugby in oz ie. grassroots and better pathways and pro comp people interested in (not what our SANZAAR partners like NZ want) and work with other key partners like Twiggy etc to move forward and you might give the Wallabies a chance.

It's the right thing for Castle to support Cheika. Noting that it is also very much the right thing to address grass roots issues first and foremost.

We will not be punting Cheika before the RWC. It's painful but that should stop the RA doing everything they can to help him in his quest.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
They were required back in England for the weekend not technically part of the international window. The rest of the RC they are required to be released by their club.

I assume Cheika will call them back.

I thought that there is another week midstream where the same thing happens.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think he will persist with Maddocks and we may see a bit more of what he can do in the next few games.
Maybe Folau at 13 with DHP at the back?
It would be nice to have Arnold and Coleman in the row and TT getting a start. AAA went well though last week but may be needed on the other side? Back row will likely be the same.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought that there is another week midstream where the same thing happens.

Yeah, weekend of 21-23/09, reason being that under WR (World Rugby) Reg 9 if the comp isn't played over consecutive weekends the release window only opens five days prior to the next match. Guarantee it's some kinda "compromise" between the NH Clubs & Unions 'cos it makes fuck all sense other than in the context of players being forcibly released back to their Club when the 6N take their mid-comp break(s).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah, weekend of 21-23/09, reason being that under WR (World Rugby) Reg 9 if the comp isn't played over consecutive weekends the release window only opens five days prior to the next match. Guarantee it's some kinda "compromise" between the NH Clubs & Unions 'cos it makes fuck all sense other than in the context of players being forcibly released back to their Club when the 6N take their mid-comp break(s).
A decision that makes fuck all sense makes a lot of sense in the context of rugby administration.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Current rankings & points:

4. England 85.68
5. Australia 83.96
6. Scotland 83.02
7. South Africa 81.84
8. France 79.10

If Australia win by 1-15:

Au 84.45
SA 81.35

If Australia win by 15+:

Au 84.69
SA 81.11

Draw:

Au 83.45
SA 82.35

If SA win by 1-15:

SA 83.35
Au 82.45

If SA win by 15+:

SA 84.11
Au 81.69

So, Wobs win or draw = status quo maintained, Bokke win = teams swap places. I know a lot of people on here reckon rankings are irrelevant other than for RWC seeding but I'd argue that at this point the last thing RA needs is the negative press that a drop to 7th would entail.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I know a lot of people on here reckon rankings are irrelevant other than for RWC seeding but I'd argue that at this point the last thing RA needs is the negative press that a drop to 7th would entail.

I would be a fair reflection, though.

So, Wobs win or draw = status quo maintained.

Don't forget that it is cumulative. Follow up with a win over the Pumas and we must be getting close to getting past England.

Status
Not open for further replies.