• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs South Africa - Brisbane 7th Sept 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Halves: Genia, Cooper (Suncorp factor plus Taylor made Tomua look good)

I fail to see how Taylor made To'omua looked good when Taylor himself looked good?

It would be completely nuts for Link to drop To'omua off the back of 2 tests and good form when he's just starting to build a new squad.........

And as fatprop stated:

Strange, I thought To'omua was pretty good in the last test and Cooper showed nothing when he came on. Wasn't he one of the replacements Link complained about post test?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Can you really see Link dropping both Genia and To'omua? If you were going to drop a player in these positions, surely it would be more logical to drop one of them only and re-unite either the Reds or Brumbies halfback combination?

If I was to pick I'd go with White/To'omua. To'omua isn't certain because he's still building into it, Genia isn't certain because he has been of poor form. One is helped by a break, the other is not.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Genia, Cooper to Start. Over To'omua already....

And yep, GaffaCHinO.... Get the Badger on Paddock so he can run around like a cut snake. He is pumped to play and im sure he is pumped to drop some of his lingo to the Media if picked

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Genia, Cooper to Start. Over To'omua already..

And yep, GaffaCHinO.. Get the Badger on Paddock so he can run around like a cut snake. He is pumped to play and im sure he is pumped to drop some of his lingo to the Media if picked

Absolutely. Especially since he went literally vertical in scoring some meat for Southern Districts on the weekend.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
And this has turned into yet another Reds v Brumbies thread.

Unfortunately, neither group of supporters can just forget which domestic team they support and put faith in the blokes Link chooses.

Can we put state rivalry aside for maybe 5 seconds and just support the bloody Wallabies!

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
And this has turned into yet another Reds v Brumbies thread.

Unfortunately, neither group of supporters can just forget which domestic team they support and put faith in the blokes Link chooses.

Can we put state rivalry aside for maybe 5 seconds and just support the bloody Wallabies!

Too many Force and Rebels players in the squad. And Brumbies players. And Waratahs players. And Reds players.

Oh wait..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyways, I hope to see minimal changes this weekend........

These new combinations won't develop if we chop and change at the first sign of trouble........

The only players I see being under threat are Alexander and Mogg..........

With Higginbotham and Palu both out I'm not sure if there can be any improvements to the backrow, but our back 5 forwards in general need a rocket up their ass.........

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm with Slim, consistency is key if we want the newcomers to develop well. Let's see how they do when they aren't being thrashed by the best.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Quade at 15 would be ludicrous when you have an impact player like Issy sitting on the wing not touching the ball.

I get the general idea but he should be at 10 or not in the side at all. The game being at Suncorp helps his chances dramatically and I think we will see him starting. Not because To'omua has been bad, but because you pick the guy best suited to beating the opposition. Given the circumstances, that is probably QC (Quade Cooper).

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Nah, it's just biggsy v Brumbies....

I guess I'm not very good at writing sarcasm, and you don't like the fact of someone talking about your belovered brumbies, Which are my second favourite teem. I also have written on a few occasions how much of a fan I am of many of the players, especially mogg and also agreeing with huge when he came in defence of To'omua in a podcast

And my "to many brumbies" comment was a dig at the "to many tahs" in the wallabies people also whinged about. Again, a failed attempt of sarcasm on my behalf but you were the only one to ever comment and bring it up again.

I would useally have left this alone and not bothered with a reply. But you have got me all wrong slim and you are sticking up for your brumbies players in the team which is fantastic.

But this still dosent change the fact that I (me) would much rather see To'omua benched as I am over him. It's the Beauty about a public forum and 1000s opinions.

I hope To'omua does fine his form and sitting on the bench might just do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.