• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Barbarians jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigs23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone know of anywhere you can purchase the Aussie Barbarians jersey? I remember seeing them for sale on the ARU sight last year but to my dismay they're not available from there anymore. Also, does anyone know why the whole kit bar the socks is basically that of the saffas uniform?

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
Anyone know of anywhere you can purchase the Aussie Barbarians jersey? I remember seeing them for sale on the ARU sight last year but to my dismay they're not available from there anymore. Also, does anyone know why the whole kit bar the socks is basically that of the saffas uniform?

It probably harks back to the days when the Wallabies wore a green jersey and white socks - I think up to the 1960's - we changed to gold because we were going on a tour of SA and needed to so the jerseys snd shorts didn't clash. If your in Sydney, maybe Mick Simmons in George might have them - they tend to have a good coverage of jerseys.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Had a big dig around a week or so ago and couldn't find anything either. I definitely wouldn't mind getting my hands on one, might help me get a biltong discount when I'm up at Springbook Delights in Lane Cove too.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
It probably harks back to the days when the Wallabies wore a green jersey and white socks - I think up to the 1960's - we changed to gold because we were going on a tour of SA and needed to so the jerseys snd shorts didn't clash. If your in Sydney, maybe Mick Simmons in George might have them - they tend to have a good coverage of jerseys.

slight correction - I meant white shorts, not white socks.

rigs23

Allen Oxlade (6)

That thought did cross my mind but i wasnt aware that they wore white shorts two. When i imagined the pre-gold uniforms i just figured they'd have green shorts similar to the kangaroos. Very interesting. Also, I was in Mick Simmons a few weeks ago and didnt see any but I wouldnt be surprised if they shipped them in to coincide with the game. Thanks alot mate!

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Have you considered getting in touch with KooGa directly to see if any were made for sale to the general public?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Its possible to get Kooga to make an unofficial version of the jersey but you would have to buy a whole team set.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
There's a Kooga Outlet store at Harbour Town on the Gold Coast. Maybe they might have some leftovers from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.