• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Club Championship - Brothers v Randwick

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
IMG_6026.jpeg

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The guys on between two posts suggested O'Connor might be back for this one too.

Anyone know if the Reds have a development game scheduled? If not you'd think Creighton and Ryan might be released for this too.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The curtain raiser between Qld runners up, Wests, and the Canberra JID premiers, Tuggeranong Vikings.

Well they got that one wrong. Gungahlin Eagles are the reigning JID Cup premiers, not Vikings.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Everything else aside - it's pretty rough on the premiership-winning player who misses out to parachute KB (Kurtley Beale) in, who hasn't played competitive rugby in over a year. I guess that's the reality of our current competition setup though.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Every chance their will plenty not involved in the GF. Sydney Uni last year had guys play who's previous game was School Boy Rugby.

Interested to see who turns out. Would not surprise me in the slightest to see Adam Frier dust off the boots and want a run.
Yeah - and that's what's disappointing tbh. Might be in the minority, but club champs should be played shortly after the premiership games IMO.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeah - and that's what's disappointing tbh. Might be in the minority, but club champs should be played shortly after the premiership games IMO.

I mostly agree with you Cheesey - but I think it's also a bit of a carrot to get blokes down to pre-season and potentially change the fortunes of a few key players who might otherwise retire.

"Just come play one more game, you need to be part of this Club Championship team!" with the hope they stay on for the season.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Les Kiss on the KOKO show said at least 2 more weeks for JOC (James O'Connor), so doesn't seem a chance

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Reds press release for the team list says Ryan is available for brothers this weekend, so I think we can expect Creighton to be as well (if fit).

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
BROTHERS: Harry Lloyd, Dom Fraser, George Tuineau, Brad Kapa, Will Wilson, Leo McCarthy, Noah Nielsen, Brad Hemopo, Isaac Tarabay, Lawson Creighton, Kamilo Guido, Patrick James, Grason Makara, Tim Ryan, Jake Sargood. Reserves: Angus Lovelock, Quentin Raravula, Jaiden Christian, TBC, Nick Cross, Will Cartwright, Dre Pakeho, Billy Bulley

Wilson

David Codey (61)
BROTHERS: Harry Lloyd, Dom Fraser, George Tuineau, Brad Kapa, Will Wilson, Leo McCarthy, Noah Nielsen, Brad Hemopo, Isaac Tarabay, Lawson Creighton, Kamilo Guido, Patrick James, Grason Makara, Tim Ryan, Jake Sargood. Reserves: Angus Lovelock, Quentin Raravula, Jaiden Christian, TBC, Nick Cross, Will Cartwright, Dre Pakeho, Billy Bulley
Dre Pakeho is still only 19 this year isn't he? Looks like a great prospect, interesting to see Brothers have him pretty close to skipping colts and straight into prems.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Very raw in the U18s games v NSW last year but you could see the ability and effort wanting to burst out. Great prospect is the best description. Don't think he's one of those guys ready for Super Rugby talk yet, but 2-3 years of constant games v grown men when errors are punished much more than School Boy Rugby could make him anything.