• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Club Championship - Brothers v Randwick

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
I don't think ive ever seen Gage Phillips play Full-Back but best of luck to him

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I'd forgotten McCormack had taken over at Brothers, as much as is made of the player changes taken the wind out of these games as a "best of the best" contest, changing of coach seems like an even bigger let down. Nothing against Pup, but it's got to be weird to start your tenure with a 'championship' game.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Not the greatest game so far but loose can be entertaining. Fatigue will open it up even more if passes start to stick.

Hardakker for Randwick is chucking some garbage offloads.

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Great game, great crowd. I hopw for the return in Sydney the put on just as good of an event.

Did anyone find the Stan coverage quite lacklustre? The game kept cutting out for me and the camera quality was pretty poor.

I feel like for an event like that, the production should be almost near super rugby quality. It felt like I was watching BARTV.

Just as a little aside. Does anyone else reckon Brothers went all the way with that effort, in order to show that club rugby has the potiential to be the main comp in the country?

EDIT: Forgot to say Beale looked so good. Love seeing fmr Wallabies playing club footy, especially with players like him. If he sticks around I definitely be getting out to some wicks games this year.

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Great game, great crowd. I hopw for the return in Sydney the put on just as good of an event.

Did anyone find the Stan coverage quite lacklustre? The game kept cutting out for me and the camera quality was pretty poor.

I feel like for an event like that, the production should be almost near super rugby quality. It felt like I was watching BARTV.

Just as a little aside. Does anyone else reckon Brothers went all the way with that effort, in order to show that club rugby has the potiential to be the main comp in the country?
Might have been more to do with your setup. I had no issues with the feed. Your not going to get super rugby quality broadcast though, it's played at the club's home ground, not a stadium with that level broadcast infrastructure.