• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Club Championship - Brothers v Randwick

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Might have been more to do with your setup. I had no issues with the feed. Your not going to get super rugby quality broadcast though, it's played at the club's home ground, not a stadium with that level broadcast infrastructure.
Yeah you're not wrong in regards to infrastructure. But that coverage comapred to say 7s or ABCs coverage of the Shute Shield was poor in opinion.

The camera man was shaky as for starters.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yeah you're not wrong in regards to infrastructure. But that coverage comapred to say 7s or ABCs coverage of the Shute Shield was poor in opinion.

I still don't really know what you're talking about. Coverage was good with great commentary and a cracking match. From everything I've seen the Stan club broadcast is the best coverage the club game has ever had in this country.

Was also good to see they had Caslick as a sideline commentator, I won't be surprised if Stan are keen to get her more involved, particularly with Nine/Stan having the Olympic rights

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Was also good to see they had Caslick as a sideline commentator, I won't be surprised if Stan are keen to get her more involved, particularly with Nine/Stan having the Olympic rights

Caslick is good mates with Noah Neilson and spends a fair bit of her Brisbane based time doing skills and gym work down at Crosby. Which is interesting because traditionally she played some rugby out of Wests.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'd forgotten McCormack had taken over at Brothers, as much as is made of the player changes taken the wind out of these games as a "best of the best" contest, changing of coach seems like an even bigger let down. Nothing against Pup, but it's got to be weird to start your tenure with a 'championship' game.

Not quite as bad as the NBA all star game if you followed it at all this year.

The Milwaukee Bucks had the best (or second best) record in the East and their coach was given the honour of coaching the East All Stars in 2024. The organisation sacked that coach 1 week before the All Star game so their new coach who had only been there for 1 game was given the honour. Really bizarre situation.

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)

You would expect a big network to have better coverage, wouldn't you? STAN covers a helluva lot more club games on any given Saturday during the season.

They couldn't afford the standards of 7 or ABC.