• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Pretty amazed at the apparent lack of interest and discussion here on the senate enquiry and major dirt it is uncovering.

There are a number of new submissions up which are well worth reading, including:
- Alan Winney (showing a FAR superior bid for the rebels was available compared to Imperium)
- WA government (showing the level of financial outlay they have incurred, impact of the Force's removal and dealing they had with the ARU)
- Andrew Ludscombe (highlighting a number of problems with the ARU's analysis and items that should've been addressed to fix Super Rugby)
- Richard Hawkins (highlighting a number of problems from a NSW grassroots perspective)

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentar...munity_Affairs/Futureofrugbyunion/Submissions

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Pretty amazed at the apparent lack of interest and discussion here on the senate enquiry and major dirt it is uncovering.

There are a number of new submissions up which are well worth reading, including:
- Alan Winney (showing a FAR superior bid for the rebels was available compared to Imperium)
- WA government (showing the level of financial outlay they have incurred, impact of the Force's removal and dealing they had with the ARU)
- Andrew Ludscombe (highlighting a number of problems with the ARU's analysis and items that should've been addressed to fix Super Rugby)
- Richard Hawkins (highlighting a number of problems from a NSW grassroots perspective)

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentar...munity_Affairs/Futureofrugbyunion/Submissions
I’m interested.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
John Eales medal count is underway

Pocock had the votes after the Spring tour and now Izzy is way out in front after June internationals.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

lou75

Ron Walden (29)

sounds like Senator Reynolds was on a witch hunt and she found some witches

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
^^^^
Sorry, I am only an intern:

"Rugby Australia and the Directors of the Board of Rugby Australia, reject the criticisms of Australian Rugby's recent changes and Rugby Australia's decision to change our name to Rugby Australia. Rugby Australia's full position on Rugby in Australia can be read on Rugby.com.au.

Rugby Australia would like all supporters of Rugby in Australia to consider as they read the Rugby Australia statement on Rugby.com.au that Rugby Australia does not represent all of Rugby in Australia, only the parts that we actually represent.

Rugby Australia would like to clarify that the use of the reference Rugby Australia refers to rugby union in Australia and only the part thereof it represents. Rugby Australia is not is not a dyslexic reference to Australian Rugby League, nor meant to represent the sport of rugby in a grater context; just the niche part know as union.

Australian Rugby is in no way affiliated with or represents other parts of Australian Rugby such as touch rugby or rugby league."
I can't keep up.
Which of them are aligned with the people's Judean front, and which is with the people's front of Judea?

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
John Eales medal count is underway

Pocock had the votes after the Spring tour and now Izzy is way out in front after June internationals.

Izzy goes on to win comfortably finishing with 260 votes, ahead of Kurtley Beale (166), Bernard Foley (146), Michael Hooper (142) and Sean McMahon (129)

KB (Kurtley Beale) finished with a wet sail.

Pretty remarkable from Folau, 3 wins in 4 years

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Looks like the RUGBY AU branding will be rolled out to the states as well.

RUGBY VIC flags in this tweet

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Vic Govt bankrolling "grassroots" rugby in Victoria and Rebels ?. But, 6 Wallabies tests in the next 8 years including Bledisloe in 2020 and BIL test in 2025. actual $ amounts not known, just to confligrate West Australia a little bit more.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Vic Govt bankrolling "grassroots" rugby in Victoria and Rebels ?. But, 6 Wallabies tests in the next 8 years including Bledisloe in 2020 and BIL test in 2025. actual $ amounts not known, just to confligrate West Australia a little bit more.

No doubt a lot less money than could've been obtained from an open tender process, given WA is chipping in $5m for one Bledisloe and this sounds something like $14m for 6 tests, including the much bigger Lions test. I guess the kickbacks / conflicting interest benefits wouldn't be quite as good though....

M

Moono75

Do you mean conflagrate?

I'm sure the press conference went something like "the Victorian Government is today pleased to announce some really really good things coming really soon to Rugby AFL....I mean League Football....uummm you know what I mean, and we will be spending stuff and buying stuff......its gonna be awesome"

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Do you mean conflagrate?

I'm sure the press conference went something like "the Victorian Government is today pleased to announce some really really good things coming really soon to Rugby AFL..I mean League Football..uummm you know what I mean, and we will be spending stuff and buying stuff..its gonna be awesome"

yes i did, and the minister for sport wasn't nearly as articulate as that

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
So how much was the kick back to the ARU from the Victorian Government? Do we have to wait to see the ARU Annual report or is some one going to be upfront and spell it out? The Victorian Government paid a dollar amount to the ARU - no strings attached - to keep the Melbourne Rebels . On top of that, they have paid money for the major events to be held in Victoria. What exactly is the break down of these payments? What exactly is the performance hurdles? Is it unrealistic for stakeholders of both entities to ask for a transparent statement? FFS!