• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Well,if they are not benchmarking they are either not serious or incompetent.
every code publishes their participation figures.
Only problem is that they are all inflated.

I wouldn't expect them to release competitors figures,but I would have assumed they would point out where you could obtain them,it's not that hard

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
How are the ARU supposed to know the other codes figures if they aren't publicly available?

I can't see the AFL or NRL giving that info to a direct competitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I havent tested how much info, and at what levels can be pulled from;

http://rugbyunion.resultsvault.com/common/pages/public/home.aspx?entityid=53029

But gee every NSW registered player (mini's to grade) appears there and it is in a public domain - top right hand corner, player name and search.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
How are the ARU supposed to know the other codes figures if they aren't publicly available?

I can't see the AFL or NRL giving that info to a direct competitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent the time explaining, what, why, target - plans.
The process also requires a phone number so they could have always called.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
It's a weird thing to expect them to provide to you, just based on an email.

Other codes publish raw numbers but is it broken down by age, area etc? Imagine that's what Dave was looking for.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
It's a weird thing to expect them to provide to you, just based on an email.

Other codes publish raw numbers but is it broken down by age, area etc? Imagine that's what Dave was looking for.

Yeah it is, spot on.
I didn't provide a one liner asking the question.
I provided a summary of the reason and provided contact details.
The reason was along the lines of the last couple of pages - growing the number of kids playing, something i believe the ARU has a vested interest in.
If in doubt call.

T

Train Without a Station

The same false statements justifying their view.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting to see the flak it's copped on Facebook... all from people who either play for or are administrators of Shute Shield clubs.

I dont often dive into facebook and cant say I enjoyed that experience. Responses are predictable but disappointing. It gives an idea of just how much the ARU has to deal with.

T

Train Without a Station

I think Dave would be familiar with the surname Bergelin which is popping up a fair bit in the comments.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Interesting to see the flak it's copped on Facebook... all from people who either play for or are administrators of Shute Shield clubs.
I think it's amusing that their choice of social media is Facebook. Apart from my ageing relatives, is anyone still using it?