• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Newscorp have clearly decided to take control of RA without actually paying for it, and the way RA is structured, there doesn't seem to be a lot anyone can do about it. About the only positive I can glean from this is the Carroll will be a better CEO then Kearns, who it would appear even News have conceded isn't a viable choice.
You would have to assume if it happens as suggested there will be no chance of FTA, it will be purely on Fox. Again, the only upside of that is they will have to do something to get people to watch it, and the current Super set-up sure isn't doing that.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
If this business about a Chair wanting to appoint their own CEO is fair dinkum then I'm speechless. A public organisation like RA needs to follow a process around recruiting a new chief executive and not just bring in one of their mates.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Rugby Australia board member Peter Wiggs has tendered his resignation after an explosive email exchange with RA’s interim chair Paul McLean last night.
The Australian has obtained the email chain where McLean writes to Wiggs saying his “closeness” to Matt Carroll, the current Australian Olympic Committee CEO who has been suggested as the next Rugby Australia boss, “would be a concern for most Boards. So how do we apply separation”.
McLean suggests that Magellan executive and incoming board member ex-Ten boss and News Corp executive Hamish McLennan would be a more suitable chairman. McLean proposes that Carroll and McLennan meet “immediately”.
READ NEXT
The email from McLean reads: “What if we get Hamish and Matt together immediately, and if Hamish is comfortable (with Matt) and to come to the Board early, and as designate Chair, we could appoint Matt (Phil [Waugh], Dan [Herbert], Brett [Godfrey], and me would support). You remain a lead director, without the Chair title which was never your desire, anyway, Matt gets the role he would like, and we get a good CEO immediately.
“I can only presume you hate the politics as much as me, so I’m keen to get this resolved. I put Rob on hold, but that won’t last long. Maybe a chat in the morning.......... Rgds PM”
Wiggs then replied to McLean saying he would resign today.
“Hi Paul, This is a very disappointing email, what little regard I had for RA Board is now extinguished. I tried calling to discuss. I will resign tomorrow. Regards Peter.”

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Quick summary of over at RA recently...

slide.gif

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
This really is pathetic, no wonder we're in so much trouble!
The idea that McLean should decide the way to deal with such a sensitive matter is by a series of texts with all directors included shows he has absolutely no idea of leadership or conflict resolution at all, and shouldn't be running a P&C BBQ sub-committee.
The idea that Peter Wiggs walks on to a board, and within five minutes has to be appointed Chair and appoint his mate as CEO, or he'll throw his toys out of the cot and you can all get fucked makes him totally unsuitable for any role in management.
The fact that a Director is leaking all this to Newscorp means that Director, whoever he is, has complete disregard for the confidentiality obligations of a Director, and has far more loyalty to Newscorp, or perhaps his mate who's a reporter, than he has to RA.
Every one of them a disgrace, a completely dis-functional board, and I agree with Michael, every one of them should go and we should try to find some grown-ups.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to resolve the RA. This message explodes (in a shower of shit) in 5 seconds.

tick... tick ... tick ... tick... <boom>