• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Muzza

Herbert Moran (7)
i just read that England will have a crack at the 2027 World cup hosting. After France , its been hosted by Northern Hemisphere countries 3 times.

it would be very fishy if it was awarded to England again after having it in 2015 and would be utter bulls###

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Ah ok, the meme, not the sentiment. Yeah all good, had a few reds on board and was just being silly really.
KOB & Dru it’s all good there is a lot of frustration for everyone forums, allow us all to vent and we are the dwindling rusted on supporters

The game has gone from strength to strength in the Northern Hemisphere but backwards in Australia more than any other country. Wallabies rank 12th in Australia favourite national teams.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/women-s-teams-win-battle-for-australian-hearts-20200616-p5530i.html

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
i just read that England will have a crack at the 2027 World cup hosting. After France , its been hosted by Northern Hemisphere countries 3 times.

it would be very fishy if it was awarded to England again after having it in 2015 and would be utter bulls###
RFU have said they won’t be making a bid

Muzza

Herbert Moran (7)
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/deci...2021-to-be-made-within-next-month-and-a-half/
McLennan also revealed that the United States and England could be Australia’s biggest challengers to host the 2027 Rugby World Cup.
“We hear the US and potentially England may have a crack, so we’ll just wait and see but there’s a few months for the other bidders to register their interest,” he said.
England last hosted the World Cup in 2015. The tournament was played in Japan last year while the next event will be hosted by France, making it the third World Cup in a row held in the Northern Hemisphere.
Australia are the only nation to have officially confirmed a bid for 2027 at this stage.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
England????

Why the fuck would they get it?

If USA bid it really should go them however.

yeah. I disagree about USA. I was there during the last RWC and it was barely visible.

I can't see how it would work at all. I reckon you'd have to base it around a state - perhaps Texas.

Besides USA Rugby are in a worse state than RA at the moment.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I was under the impression the USA were more likely to get 2031 rather than 2027. This bid might be a longer play for them to snag that, and give themselves more time to ramp up.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I don't see why England wouldn't have a reasonable argument to host? Far more local fans, for one. I guess 12 years between tournaments for a 'world cup' isn't much, though.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Because it’s the World Cup and the opportunity to host and attend should be shared.

Issue with the USA bid is they are hosting the 2028 Olympics, given the low profile of rugby in the USA, I remember the fear been that the RWC might get lost in the noise of the Olympics.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I don't see why England wouldn't have a reasonable argument to host? Far more local fans, for one. I guess 12 years between tournaments for a 'world cup' isn't much, though.

And the fact that France are hosting in 2023, too.

Four straight NH Cups might see the SANZAAR nations break away completely.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
There is a Japanese team though (or was at the time). I'm sure that will be enough for WR (World Rugby) and RFU to declare it a SANZAAR host if they need to strengthen the argument for England to host.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
The Daily Telegraph is reporting the players have been asked to take an additional paycut through to the end of the year and they are considering striking in response.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/deci...2021-to-be-made-within-next-month-and-a-half/
McLennan also revealed that the United States and England could be Australia’s biggest challengers to host the 2027 Rugby World Cup.
“We hear the US and potentially England may have a crack, so we’ll just wait and see but there’s a few months for the other bidders to register their interest,” he said.
England last hosted the World Cup in 2015. The tournament was played in Japan last year while the next event will be hosted by France, making it the third World Cup in a row held in the Northern Hemisphere.
Australia are the only nation to have officially confirmed a bid for 2027 at this stage.

McClennan now saying our bid might include NZ. He's obviously been told what for by them if we want a Trans Tasman comp with them. Looks like he knows how to take orders.
Pity it should be our showcase to get the game back to the people and every game should count.
And I thought multiple country bids were discouraged although it seems to have come back into FIFA bids.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
McClennan now saying our bid might include NZ. He's obviously been told what for by them if we want a Trans Tasman comp with them. Looks like he knows how to take orders.
Pity it should be our showcase to get the game back to the people and every game should count.
And I thought multiple country bids were discouraged although it seems to have come back into FIFA bids.
Thats a leap........