• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
so,mocking someone for their supposed lack of punctuation is ok ?Crickey,times have changed;back in the day,an old mate of mine,chiselhead,was banned from this august site,by saying "deadset" too often,deadset!loosen up a little folks,lol

It was mainly for the complete lack of sense he was making actually. GollyGosh.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Rugby gets a tiny bit of representation at Mardi Gras.

The float is called "A cock in a sock in a shock jock".

ER03F7PVAAA2cIl

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I wonder what price CVC would think was worth paying to buy SANZAR, to convince the competition to allow eligibility from anywhere (ie no Giteau rule). Then facilitate open slather on players from Aus, NZ and SA to play in the premiership while using Super Rugby as a loss leader feeder comp.

Then arrange an annual international world comp to make the big dollars from European timezone TV eyeballs in Europe friendly timezones which we are forced to play in due to lack of other options along with the best domestic comp in the world (full of our players)

I reckon there's a very big chance of very bad outcomes for us if we get involved with these spivs
Spivs indeed. Not sure if you're a backer of PayTV lock ins.

Not me. But either way CVC want to lock up the 6N behind the Comcast paywall - maximise their cash from tragics and addicts while filtering out casuals. It reads like England Cricket's playbook.

(for whatever reason, the "media" embed option hasn't worked for me on this forum for a long while -- anyone else? -- so it's screenshot time) …

uM8WCqJ.png

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Cricket showed the way

CVC did it with F1. They'll do it with rugby. They'll do it here if we let them ( though I doubt they're interested in our potential revenue, it's our players and opposition for their revenue generating teams that they'll want.)

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
And just to add, check out who the former CEO of the premiership works for now. Mark McCafferty negotiated the sale to CVC, promptly resigned and went to work for them.

Anyone fully confident that our administrators would never do such a thing?

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Rugby gets a tiny bit of representation at Mardi Gras.

The float is called "A cock in a sock in a shock jock".

ER03F7PVAAA2cIl

You've got to feel sorry for Raelene and the board of RA.
They destroyed a man's rugby career and cost the game many millions in an apologetic payout in order to support sections of the gay lobby. Yet here we see the gay lobby still insulting Australian rugby and one of its best coaches.
All that pain for nothing.

Reactions: dru

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
They destroyed a man's rugby career and cost the game many millions in an apologetic payout in order to support sections of the gay lobby. Yet here we see the gay lobby still insulting Australian rugby and one of its best coaches.

Stop whinging and bringing up the same issue over and over again. The mods have told everyone to drop it about a million times. Grow a pair and move on.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Stop whinging and bringing up the same issue over and over again. The mods have told everyone to drop it about a million times. Grow a pair and move on.

Last week Kepu and Kerevi's affidavits were released. Castle responded. A G&L Mardi Gras float insults our game and it's posted in all its glory on G&GR.
Yet my comments on those current affairs gets slammed.
Happy to move on when everyone else does.

Reactions: dru

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

Ever seen the Monty python sketch about the black knight?

you are well past the flesh wound stage......

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Spivs indeed. Not sure if you're a backer of PayTV lock ins.

Not me. But either way CVC want to lock up the 6N behind the Comcast paywall - maximise their cash from tragics and addicts while filtering out casuals. It reads like England Cricket's playbook.

(for whatever reason, the "media" embed option hasn't worked for me on this forum for a long while -- anyone else? -- so it's screenshot time) …
Cricket seems to have suffered significantly in the country for having gone behind a paywall.