• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Yes I think the holiday alcohol consumption 'hang-xiety' is causing a bit of an exaggeration. The code is not healthy here but it's not dead either. The right people with the right solution can revive it, we just aren't sure who the right people are and what the right solution is.

We can also spend too long trying to find the "best" solution. In my game, the best doesn't exist, and procrastination/perfection will invariably inhibit progress.

Sure, some planning must go into a viable future state, but we need to get on with it. Try something to see how it goes - if it works, use it; if it doesn't, find something else.

Did I oversimplify, yes. But at least I made a call. We seem to be fearful. Perhaps we ask our target market - fans, broadcasters, sponsors - what they actually need, as opposed to trying to look back on stuff that worked previously.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Cheer up you miserable lot. You're above ground, so you have a chance to influence things.

If you don't think you can achieve that as an individual, then get a group together. Bring something constructive and let's shift gears.

We can also spend too long trying to find the "best" solution. In my game, the best doesn't exist, and procrastination/perfection will invariably inhibit progress.

Making perfect the enemy of good: halting progress and dictacting modern politics since forever.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yes I think the holiday alcohol consumption 'hang-xiety' is causing a bit of an exaggeration. The code is not healthy here but it's not dead either. The right people with the right solution can revive it, we just aren't sure who the right people are and what the right solution is.
No one said it was dead, I said death bed... I don't drink so it's not hang-xiety.. maybe your just merry from all the alcohol and have a better outlook...

The right people can revive it..cool we don't have them in charge... I'm just thinking that it is going to weither into obscurity.. And I'm beyond caring anymore, I'll just enjoy it while it's here and if it survives it survives if not meh it is what it is.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
No one said it was dead, I said death bed... I don't drink so it's not hang-xiety.. maybe your just merry from all the alcohol and have a better outlook...

The right people can revive it..cool we don't have them in charge... I'm just thinking that it is going to weither into obscurity.. And I'm beyond caring anymore, I'll just enjoy it while it's here and if it survives it survives if not meh it is what it is.
I didn’t direct anything at you, it was about the general tone of the thread. We don’t know if we have the right people in charge or not, I’m prepared to give them a bit of time before making judgement though. The decisions and strategies so far seem to be a bit more equitable than those of most of their predecessors.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
'I'm happy with the clarification replacing "centralisation" with "integration and performance alignment".'

Hopefully Horne and Nucifora will shake up the regional pathways system, cut out the cronyism, and allow the genuine cream to rise to the top – not just U20s etc., but some excellent talent that already exists in Shute Shield etc. that is never realised. I say Shute Shield as only experienced watching club rugby in NSW, but am sure similar exists outside of NSW - needs a National Performance review and integration/alignment .
Comps like the Shute shield are part of the problem. Not fit for purpose

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Love this vid from "Two Steps From Hell", got deleted and they got it back again, actual vid starts around 25 seconds. Its called Never give up on your Dreams, quite a few rugby bits in it especially towards the end.

If you have never seen it or heard of 'Two Steps From Hell", there is always a first time. Things may be bad and they are, but never give up.

Enjoy

LevitatingSocks

Sydney Middleton (9)

Its not all Doom & Gloom :D:D
Today's guys are a different breed. The amount you can perfectly dial in training load while minimizing injury risk with tracking software is amazing stuff. Was having a chat with my physio about it since he works with a team and it's genuinely fascinating how much thought and data goes into every part of the programs they put the pros through.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I didn’t direct anything at you, it was about the general tone of the thread. We don’t know if we have the right people in charge or not, I’m prepared to give them a bit of time before making judgement though. The decisions and strategies so far seem to be a bit more equitable than those of most of their predecessors.
This been the case for ever administration since forever... But now you say have faith..

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
This been the case for ever administration since forever... But now you say have faith..
Probably good to have gaith, if you genuinely believe that admistration has been bad forever, and you (or anyone else who is involved in Aussie rugby) haven't tried very bard to make it better, the whole rugby community should look at itself.

I don't think it that bad, like any sport anywhere could improve, but it's not that bad.

The Marketing Pigeon

Herbert Moran (7)

Report out of the UK saying Harlequins are submitting they will lose Louis Lynagh after this season to come home to push for Wallabies honours. This would be great for our depth with Korobiete ageing and Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) out until 2027 at the earliest - would be interesting which club he could fit in at

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

Report out of the UK saying Harlequins are submitting they will lose Louis Lynagh after this season to come home to push for Wallabies honours. This would be great for our depth with Korobiete ageing and Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) out until 2027 at the earliest - would be interesting which club he could fit in at

I’ve watched a fair bit of him, burst onto the scene but last year was a complete write off with injuries. Seems to be holding his own this year but has been passed by a couple of others.

Not a walk up starter in a wobs jersey by any stretch. But right opportunity in a winning side can def finish

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I’ve watched a fair bit of him, burst onto the scene but last year was a complete write off with injuries. Seems to be holding his own this year but has been passed by a couple of others.

Not a walk up starter in a wobs jersey by any stretch. But right opportunity in a winning side can def finish
Yep spot on, and I agree he doesn't look a starter at test level, but great for depth in country.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Probably good to have gaith, if you genuinely believe that admistration has been bad forever, and you (or anyone else who is involved in Aussie rugby) haven't tried very bard to make it better, the whole rugby community should look at itself.

I don't think it that bad, like any sport anywhere could improve, but it's not that bad.
I have some faith that the current admin/high performance etc have been horrified at the depth of the failure and there is nowhere to hide. The only solution is to build new bits that are fit for purpose and not throw out stuff that's currently working. Not easy but not impossible either.

Top Bottom