• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby Shield 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Love this is back.

Will teams change/potentially grow in the future? I see QLD Suburban and I reckon NSW suburban would be very strong if they got the players they want. A lot of ex SS players.

Prefer to see Tas, SA get representation though. ADF men’s and Aus Police would be another that could be good to see.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Love this is back.

Will teams change/potentially grow in the future? I see QLD Suburban and I reckon NSW suburban would be very strong if they got the players they want. A lot of ex SS players.

Prefer to see Tas, SA get representation though. ADF men’s and Aus Police would be another that could be good to see.

I thought we were a chance to win it this yr & got completely smashed lol, well done act

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Love this is back.

Not sure about plans for the future but it may be that QLD suburban is a function of travel - the games are played in Ballymore so it's easiest to get another local team there for numbers. A NSW tournament may see a NSW suburban instead, at least until NT are back up and going.

Not opposed to having both suburban sides in the future, but if it is limited to 8 teams then I'd rather NT were back in it.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Go the axemen

IMG_7325.jpeg

Northies

Bob McCowan (2)
NSW Subbies being involved would require the people running it to actually do something. Hasn't been a subbies rep team for quite a few years now.