• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys and National Championships 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
No teams named until closer to the day (if not on the day).

For what its worth here are my teams

Aust
1. B Lawley 2. M Ngauamo 3. F Fotuakai 4. C Browning (c) 5. R Dombkins 6. C Timu 7. T Cusack 8. M Wells 9. W Wessels 10. J McIntyre 11. S Tanginoa 12. J Stewart 13. C F'Sautia 14. B Roods 15 A Northam

Aust A
1. J Caterson 2. F Lafaitele 3. S Tolmie 4. T Walls 5. C Thomas 6. W Miller 7. R Hardwick (c) 8. T Tasi 9. J Merriman 10. J Debreczeni 11. N Roye 12. S Johnson 13. N Scarano 14. C Hunt 15. A Le Lievre

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I keep hearing about this F'Sautia lad everywhere. Is he as much of a talent at that age as QC (Quade Cooper) or KB (Kurtley Beale)?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I keep hearing about this F'Sautia lad everywhere. Is he as much of a talent at that age as QC (Quade Cooper) or KB (Kurtley Beale)?

Well he's been part of Aus Schools team since he was in year 10, and already signed with the Reds for next year. If he plays one more game for Aus Schools he will become the most capped schoolboy ever ahead of Kurtley. Lee has a lot of good things to say about him, personally have been doing a fair bit of research and talking to others about him, and there's no doubting he's a freak.

Played on the wing in year 10, moved to fullback last year, but has put on abit of size and is now considered a very handy outside centre. Hasn't got the greatest track record with injuries and has been ruled out for the majority of this season but his class is unquestionable. Possess incredible speed and ability to break tackles, has a very good kick return much like KB (Kurtley Beale). There isn't a whole lot he doesn't have.

There are a few video's on him across the schoolboy threads, incredible talent he is, crossing my fingers he gets on the paddock to break the record caps this year.

R

rugbyj

jock m is a great player how he only made NSW 2 i dont know but i think he could almost be in the school boys team starting

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
has put on a bit of size and is now considered a very handy outside centre.

Haven't seen him at centre but apparently he is a gun there as he is at wing. I hope he doesn't get as big as his old man - it will slow him down some.

stonecutter

Chris McKivat (8)
Had the opportunity to watch McIntyre play for country 17's yesterday and was underwhelmed by his performance. I hope this was a one off event as I have been told and read on these pages that Horwitz is not in best form either which will impact on Australias' chances against England next week. How is the form of other selected players holding up? I can testify that Domkins is still playing well.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
England have announced their squad for the Tour: http://www.rfu.com/News/2011/August/News Articles/080711_U18_Squad_Aus.aspx

Ones to Watch:
Kyle Sinckler - Big tighthead prop for Quins, great ball carrying, brilliant skills (once chipped me in a one on one County trial when we were 14 :) ).

Anthony Watson - London Irish academy 15,11,14 - Played and trained with him for a number of years, very talented player and probably the best of the bench this time round.
[video=youtube;OEfKjJcs3-I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEfKjJcs3-I[/video]

Mark Jennings - Sale academy 13,14,11,15 - Physical specimen at schoolboy level, very fast and strong. Great fend as well. Played against him in a sevens tourny a year r so back and he was rapid ...
[video=youtube;O6rulf6rbRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6rulf6rbRA[/video]

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
dobber

Are these lads still at school or did their school days end in May or June? In this case they would have been with academies for some time buffing up.

Or is it just an U/18 team that pays no regard to when they left school - and the schools listed in the link are just the schools they used to go to?

One thing I am sure of is that when the Oz Schools team runs out with them the Poms will be more impressive physical specimens.

But counter to that they are playing an Oz U/19 team on this trip. Oz Schools have to play against a lot of U/19 teams when they tour every 4 years and beat the England U/19 on the tour when Beale and Cooper were playing IIRR.

Now the boot is on the other foot. It will be interesting how they pick the Oz U/19 team as the info coming out of the ARU bunker is underwhelming.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The majority of players are shown as 18 years old and all are curently placed in a professional club's academy. From what I can see they were still at "high school" at the beginning of the year, but I don't know how the system works over there.

Forwards
Jack Clifford 18 Flanker 1.93M (6'4") 100kg
Tom Price 18 lock 2.03M (6'8") 100kg
Dom Barrow 18 Lock 1.98M (6'6") 108kg
Joe Buckle 18 Back row 1.84M (6'0") 92kg
Luke Cowan-Dickie 18 Prop 1.84M (6'0") 107kg
Matt Hankin 18 Flanker 1.83M (6'0") 90kg
Danny Harriott 18 Prop 1.85M (6'1") 115kg
David Sisi 18 Backrow 1.93M (6'4") 120kg
George Sandford 18 Lock/Backrow 1.95M (6'5") 105kg
Kyle Sinckler 18 Prop 1.83M (6'0") 113kg
Scott Spurling 18 Hooker 1.78M (5'10") 101kg
Tom Jubb 18 Lock 1.98M (6'6") 99kg
Tom Smallbone 18 Prop 1.85M (6'1") 110kg
Max Crumpton 17 Hooker (no other details available)

Backs
Henry Slade 18 5/8 1.89M (6'2") 84kg
Sam Hill 18 Centre 1.84M (6'0") 97kg
Jack Arnott 17 Wing 1.8M (5'11) 72kg
jack Nowell 18 Fback/Centre 1.8M (5'11") 86kg
Marcus Webber 18 Fback/Wing 1.7M (5'9") 82kg
Alex Day 18 Halfback 85kg
Anthony Watson 17 Fback/Wing 1.88M (6'2") 85kg
James Lightfoot-Brown 18 Halfback 76kg
Mark Jennings 18 Centre 1.83M (6'0") 98kg
Will Robinson 17 5/8 (no other information available)
Tom Stephenson 17 (no other information available)
Sam Jones 18 (no other information available)

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Lee: The oldest possible player in the squad could have been born in january 1993. Anything younger than this is fine obviously. The majority left school in June/July after our exams finished.

Forwards

Max Crumpton 17 Hooker Saracens Academy

Backs

Jack Arnott 17 Wing 1.8M (5'11) 72kg

Anthony Watson 17 Fback/Wing 1.88M (6'2") 85kg

Will Robinson 17 5/8 Wasps Academy Player

Tom Stephenson 17 Northampton Saints Academy

I believe these are the only year 12 players in the squad from the list above. Our school's system finishes at year 13. The players are often in an academy system from the time they are 13/14.

When they turn 18 they are either signed on or shafted (which happened to me :( ). From the time they sign a contract they train with the other academy members, full squad members and are in the gym three/four times a week. Not that this is a change, most have been in the gym 3/4 times a week since they were 15

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I cant believe that the game is in a few weeks and there is no news of them even selecting an Australian team!

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Well he's been part of Aus Schools team since he was in year 10, and already signed with the Reds for next year. If he plays one more game for Aus Schools he will become the most capped schoolboy ever ahead of Kurtley. Lee has a lot of good things to say about him, personally have been doing a fair bit of research and talking to others about him, and there's no doubting he's a freak.

Played on the wing in year 10, moved to fullback last year, but has put on abit of size and is now considered a very handy outside centre. Hasn't got the greatest track record with injuries and has been ruled out for the majority of this season but his class is unquestionable. Possess incredible speed and ability to break tackles, has a very good kick return much like KB (Kurtley Beale). There isn't a whole lot he doesn't have.

There are a few video's on him across the schoolboy threads, incredible talent he is, crossing my fingers he gets on the paddock to break the record caps this year.

I thought he played #13 last year for BSHS? Could be wrong though, that's just where I recall him playing.
But yes, I agree that he's an exceptional all-round player and that's exemplified by his ability to play wing/centre/fullback with tremendous impact. He's incredibly fast and strong, busts the line very well and even his passing game is decent- threw some great passes to his wingers last time I saw him play.
I heard he limped off the field in the last few minutes of the BSHS vs. BGS game, so he's obviously injury-prone. Hope it's not too serious because he definitely deserves a spot in the Aus Schools XV.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
England U18 Tour

I cant believe that the game is in a few weeks and there is no news of them even selecting an Australian team!

Just skimmed thru the Australian Schools Rugtby August Newsletter(see website).

Game scheduled for Sunday 21 August is:

Enland U18s vs ARU Academy U19s

to be played @ Weigall,Rushcutters Bay (SGS Ground)

at 2.00 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.