• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A franchise deal done 2 seasons ago between Southern Districts and the Melbourne Rugby Franchise.

The Former Southern Districts "Rebels" sold their nickname and trademark to the now Melbourne Rebels.

The Southern Districts Shute Shield Club is now known as the Southern Districts Hobbits.

Bill McLean (32)
... ... ... ... ... ... Staniforth pulled out of the tournament because of ankle syndesmosis but may be available for Oz Schools next week, if selected, according to ACT connections... ... ... ... ... ...

Syndesmosis injuries are very nasty LG; rule of thumb is 6 weeks minimum! Anything that is considered a grade 2 tear is 8 weeks! After that surgery (which usually involves 18-26 weeks).

Best of luck to the lad, he will certainly need it!

Bill McLean (32)
QLD II Number 13 is Nigel Tanuvasa. I don't believe he trialled at the State Championships. He's also a newbie to QLD, having come from Victoria... ... ...

Gun player! I agree; he should make the Aus A team at the very least if he plays to his potential!

Bill McLean (32)
LG,

I take it you will out there today sir? In others words can we again rely upon you for another report?

I personally cannot get out until Thursday for the 'main games' (i.e. QLD v NSW match-ups) and would appreciate another delivery such as Monday's!

Bill McLean (32)
I have just visited both the ASRU and ARU websites to see if there are any of today's results posted and i cannot find any! Ultimately I can ring around and discover the same however this week is the supposed flagship of junior rugby in Australia and you would have thought that either of the two above mentioned protagonists would have had at least one website posting 'Real Time' results!

Last week when the U/15 dark coders were conducting there national championship in Darwin the ASSRL web site was posting real time results (or very close the same). They will again do the same for their U/18 championship next week in Port Macquarie. Why can't rugby do the same?

Obviously there would be parents in other states that were not able to travel with their boys for this championship, but you could bet your life they are more than keen to see how their son's team performed! It reflects poorly on rugby that these people will have to wait for their son to ring them (or vice versa) to discover the result! Or 24 hours later on the above mentioned association websites!

That's my "dummy spit" for the night!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah. A bit surprised with the tardiness of Gaggerlanders on the spot from today.

Usually the first waves of scores only have been posted by now.

A few other dribs and drabs get posted with a bit more detail until Archbishop Grant completes the sermon with the wrap up.

If the sherry is no good, and the dogs not exuberant, Uncle Lee posts the bedtime story around 8-9pm.

the Mungoball game tonight may have buggered up some of our more reliable correspondents body clocks.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And soon Game reports will be in after Archbishop Grant's dogs return from their constitutional.

A couple of apprentice reporters may post preliminary reports in the interim.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
From the Aust Schools Web Site, these are the Official Results:

NOVOTEL AUSTRALIAN SCHOOLS RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIPS
At St Ignatius’ College, Riverview, Sydney
MATCH RESULTS – Day 2

Division II – round robin
Game 7 – National Indigenous 65 (Robbie Townsend, Dylan Dodd, Carlin Simon, Carlin Anderson 2, David Green 3, Arthur Currie 3 tries, Colin Hammond, Stephen Tracey, Arthur Currie, Carlin Simon 2 Con) defeated Tasmania 10 (Nikola Latelo try, Matthew Sproule 1 con, 1 pen)

Game 8 – South Australia 36 (Kyil Beach, Zac Wilson, Ethan Vili, Chris Steel, Lachlan Riley, Stewart Nutt tries, Chris Hodgson 3 con) def Northern Territory 23 (Eli Berns, Jack Tourish, Jared Deo tries, Bryce Condon 2 con 2pen)
STANDINGS:
South Australia (10), National Indigenous (10), Northern Territory (0), Tasmania (0)

DIVISION I
GAME 9 (POOL B) – NSW II 31 (Tom Murphy, Tomas Robertson, Harry Jones 2 tries John Porch 4 con 1 pen) def Combined States 21 (Harry Randell, Angus Pulver, Patrick James tries, Will Paterson 3 con)

GAME 10 (POOL B) – Queensland I 52 (Joe Wrampling, Monty Ione, Latham Takau, Jonah Placid, Sam Green 2, Gareth Kalell 2 tries, Sam Green 6 con) def Western Australia 0

GAME 11(POOL A) – Queensland II 30 (Kyle Blackman, Netinili Fielea, Nigel Tanuvasa, Brodie Collins tries, Mitchell Third 2 con, 2 pen) defeated Victoria 17 (Moli Sooaemalelagi, Niua Puaka, Junior Laloifi tries, Niua Puaka con)

GAME 12 (POOL A) – NSW I 50 (Jonathon Brown, Tepai Moeroa, Harry Rorke, Jake McIntyre 2, Andrew Kellaway 2 tries, Andrew Kelloway, Jake McIntyre 5 cons 1 pen) def ACT 14 (Jordan Place, Joe Powell tries, Mitchell Tye, Jamie Bodman cons)

STANDINGS:
POOL A – NSW I (10), QLD II (10), ACT (0), VIC (0)
POOL B – QLD I (10), NSW II (10), CS (0), WA (0)

Games continue Thursday 5th July: NT v TAS; LM v SA; CS v WA; ACT v VIC; NSW II v QLD I; NSW I v QLD II

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Hey Lee, did you ever see Cooper Cronk play Queensland/Australian Schoolboys? And if so, what was your opinion of him? (Assuming you can remember; it was awhile ago.)

Status
Not open for further replies.