• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

G-78-XV-V

I knew a Brian Westlake once, but I heard he never returned from trying to swim the Yellow river, upstream.
Would the real Brian Westlake please stand up............
Uncle, father, son, brother, cousin, nephew, surrogate,
the G&G avatar vs the facebook avatar....very confusing

C

casking

No you are not: the flyhalf candidates were not stellar; nor have they been for some years.

In saying that whoever does end up with 10 on their back will have good support outside them. Jim Stewart had a blinder on saturday and McIntyre was very solid at the back. I do believe McIntyre is a safer bet then Placid, however Placid is an amazing runner of the ball and should be given a good opportunity against the Tongans. Good teams overall IMO (not surprising GPS did well!) the only major head scratcher for me is the omission of Manu from both squads as you said before he is of high quality!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Placid will get a run as all reserves do in schools rugby, and may even start if Horwitz doesn't.

I have no doubt that, against Tonga, he will look brilliant whenever he is on the park, and ditto against Fiji and lead up games to the NZ test, in September.

It's for the Kiwi test and the type of game it will be for Oz that I have reservations; but maybe I am over-emphasising the point; so let's see.

For those Queenslanders who are perplexed about the omission of Tuttle when they have seen him play so brilliantly for his school, and no doubt in rep games, up there, I wouldn't be too worried.

He is one I think could seize his chance against Tonga to get on the tour and be promoted into the test team by the end of it.

But it will have to be finger out time tomorrow.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
I knew a Brian Westlake once, but I heard he never returned from trying to swim the Yellow river, upstream.
Would the real Brian Westlake please stand up....
the G&G avatar vs the facebook avatar..very confusing
Only the real Brian would say he was the real Brian.
I'm Brian...

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Would the real Brian Westlake please stand up....
the G&G avatar vs the facebook avatar..very confusing

Ok Brian,

So what is the deal with the swim up the Yellow river - obviously on a bender, at the time.

Bill McLean (32)
Ok Brian,

So what is the deal with the swim up the Yellow river - obviously on a bender, at the time.

And Brian do you think you will finally acquire a passable HSC mark this year that will allow you to finally graduate from the hallowed halls of Sydney Grammar? Your deliberate attempts to fail each year in order to have a crack at making the 1st VX (i.e. and then NSW and Aus) are excercises it futility. Surely your father now is depleted of funds after having to pay your tuition for the last 30 odd years. Besides you never even attend :D

Status
Not open for further replies.