• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Australian Schools Presidents XV to Play Tongan U18 Schools at St Ignatius’ College, Saturday 7th July 2012

1. Carlin Anderson LMD NATIONAL INDIGENOUS
2. Eli Berns NORTHERN TERRITORY
3. Arthur Currie LMD NATIONAL INDIGENOUS
4. Jared Deo NORTHERN TERRITORY
5. Dylan Dodd LMD NATIONAL INDIGENOUS
6. Kosta Elenis NORTHERN TERRITORY
7. Nikola Latuhoi TASMANIAN
8. David Green LMD NATIONAL INDIGENOUS
9. Robert Kennedy LMD NATIONAL INDIGENOUS
10. Richard Ofa NORTHERN TERRITORY
11. Stewart Nutt SOUTH AUSTRALIA
12. Nicholas Sam Anau LMD NATIONAL INDIGENOUS
13. Steve Stanojevic SOUTH AUSTRALIA
14. Chris Steel SOUTH AUSTRALIA
15. Joshua Taylor TASMANIA
16. Walter Thane LMD NATIONAL INDIGENOUS
17. Jack Tourish NORTHERN TERRITORY
18. Robbie Townsend LMD NATIONAL INDIGENOUS
19. Brenden Trudgen LMD NATIONAL INDIGENOUS
20. Tyrone Turaga LMD NATIONAL INDIGENOUS
21. Ethan Uili SOUTH AUSTRALIA
22. Jackson Whiting LMD NATIONAL INDIGENOUS
23. Zac Wilson SOUTH AUSTRALIA
What's the selection criteria based on this?

I'm asking because Jared Deo plays at Eltham :s

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
The NT team had a couple of players injured and Jared has been playing for them since Day 1 on the wing.

tomasi15

Bob McCowan (2)
The Good, The Bad & the Rugby! Nothing but Rugby love on this Forum. I didn't mean to sound so threatening at the end of my last post, that was not my intention. Apologies if I offended anyone. While I may not agree with a lot of views put forward (as some may disagree with mine) I do respect everyone's right to their opinion. Good luck to all the boys with selections today! As long as Hemopo makes one of the squads I'll be happy.

Bill McLean (32)
The weatherman assured me on Thursday that the sun would be out today and all I see is rain this morning; I feel a little deflated to be honest!

As most in this room know VIEW + RAIN = MUD WRESTLING!

Given that it has already been soft underfoot for most of the week (which has seen many a lad lose his footing), what coach wouldnt be instructing their charges (particularly the fly-half) to engage in a ten man rugby kick-a-thon!

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
The weatherman assured me on Thursday that the sun would be out today and all I see is rain this morning; I feel a little deflated to be honest!

As most in this room know VIEW + RAIN = MUD WRESTLING!

Given that it has already been soft underfoot for most of the week (which has seen many a lad lose his footing), what coach wouldnt be instructing their charges (particularly the fly-half) to engage in a ten man rugby kick-a-thon!

Take heart - it rained all afternoon in your beloved inner west on Thursday and nary a drop at Riverview all afternoon - they have different weather over there - ours is not good enough for them (hahahaha). & those big canvass things behind the southern goal posts, covers for the cricket wicket so it is only damp, not sodden. Cheers MOTH

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Good, The Bad & the Rugby! Nothing but Rugby love on this Forum. I didn't mean to sound so threatening at the end of my last post, that was not my intention. Apologies if I offended anyone. While I may not agree with a lot of views put forward (as some may disagree with mine) I do respect everyone's right to their opinion. Good luck to all the boys with selections today! As long as Hemopo makes one of the squads I'll be happy.

Tomasi, welcome to Gaggerland.

I was very tempted, and weather dependent may still do so, to make the journey deep into Sydney's leafy Northern Suburbs to watch the big showdown between Frodo'a'fili (the Samoan Hobbit) and Gandalf the Wises (AKA Lee Grant and CTPE). Apparently there will also be a bit of a footy game between some young upstarts from Queensland and NSW as an undercard curtain raiser to the Main Event.

I don't think anyone viewed your post as being threatening however we have an "interesting" sense of humour here in Gaggerland. Indulge us out moment in the cybersun.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The weatherman assured me on Thursday that the sun would be out today and all I see is rain this morning; I feel a little deflated to be honest! As most in this room know VIEW+RAIN=MUD WRESTLING!

Apart from the boarding houses' close proximity it makes me wonder why this carnival's at Riverview most years. Their No 1 field is just OK (AND got a cricket pitch in the middle), the second ground's crap and some distance away and the whole place goes to shit with a drop a rain. Shore, King's, Newington and Joeys (and Grammar) have much better playing surfaces than Riverview. Why not Trinity?, they're boarding houses are near enough. Or Barker? Or Knox? All better grounds. Apart from access to a second ground King's would be the best school to run this thing, although Parramatta and Rushcutters Bay do present logistical proplems. Why not Joeys?, by far the best rugby field and two grounds right next to each other. And the only rugby field with no cricket pitch!

Bill McLean (32)
See you all out there rugby fans; I'll be the white guy stirring up all the Tongans (NOT)! :)

Jarse, stop offering Tomasi 'olive branches', you're going to ruin our 'tag team wrestling' half-time entertainment! :)

Tomasi, don't listen to Jarse, he is a perpetual liar and doesn't mean any of it! LG and CTPE will meet you in middle at half-time! "SOLE, NO FEFE" :D

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Apart from the boarding houses' close proximity it makes me wonder why this carnival's at Riverview most years. Their No 1 field is just OK (AND got a cricket pitch in the middle), the second ground's crap and some distance away and the whole place goes to shit with a drop a rain. Shore, King's, Newington and Joeys (and Grammar) have much better playing surfaces than Riverview. Why not Trinity?, they're boarding houses are near enough. Or Barker? Or Knox? All better grounds. Apart from access to a second ground King's would be the best school to run this thing, although Parramatta and Rushcutters Bay do present logistical proplems. Why not Joeys?, by far the best rugby field and two grounds right next to each other. And the only rugby field with no cricket pitch!

You need accommodation, dining facilities, lecture facilities and meeting rooms for well over 300 odd people - all players, all team officials, all referees, all referee coaches & etc, & etc - on top of the playing fields, on site gym, change rooms etc etc. No CAS school has anywhere near those facilities - Kings - they've got it all but spread from "breakfast to bumhole"; Shore may have the ovals & what a grandstand - but their accommodation and other facilities are how far away and comparatively small? Joey's almost has it - but the accommodation etc is what - about a kilometre away? There being no other nominees, i declare Riverview the winners.

P

PTB

I dont think the team willl be too disimilar too this.... politics

1. Pleash (Qld 1)
2. Postal (Qld 2)
3. Robertson (NSW 2)
4. Rorke (NSW 1)
5. Cornelsen (Qld 1)
6. Dempsey (NSW 1)
7. Randell (CS)
8. Whitely (NSW 1)
9. Natoli (NSW 1)
10. Horwitz (NSW 1)
11. Foketi (NSW 2)
12. Tuttle (Qld 1)
13. Stewart (NSW 1)
14. Placid (Qld 1)
15. Mcintyre (NSW 1)

res
16. Manu / Wilson (Qld 1) and (NSW 1)
17. Sikimeti (Qld 1)
18. Korczyk / LLoyd (Qld 1) and
19. Gunn (Qld 1)
20. Pulver (CS)
21. Ioane / Tanuvasa(Qld 1) and (Qld 2)
22. Kellaway (NSW 1)
23. Orr (NSW 2)

Note: not my team just the team I think will be picked due to bias and favoritism

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I dont think the team willl be too disimilar too this.. politics

1. Pleash (Qld 1)
2. Postal (Qld 2)
3. Robertson (NSW 2)
4. Rorke (NSW 1)
5. Cornelsen (Qld 1)
6. Dempsey (NSW 1)
7. Randell (CS)
8. Whitely (NSW 1)
9. Natoli (NSW 1)
10. Horwitz (NSW 1)
11. Foketi (NSW 2)
12. Tuttle (Qld 1)
13. Stewart (NSW 1)
14. Placid (Qld 1)
15. Mcintyre (NSW 1)

res
16. Manu / Wilson (Qld 1) and (NSW 1)
17. Sikimeti (Qld 1)
18. Korczyk / LLoyd (Qld 1) and
19. Gunn (Qld 1)
20. Pulver (CS)
21. Ioane / Tanuvasa(Qld 1) and (Qld 2)
22. Kellaway (NSW 1)
23. Orr (NSW 2)

Note: not my team just the team I think will be picked due to bias and favoritism

Agree but swap Placid and Kellaway.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
You need accommodation, dining facilities, lecture facilities and meeting rooms for well over 300 odd people - all players, all team officials, all referees, all referee coaches & etc, & etc - on top of the playing fields, on site gym, change rooms etc etc. No CAS school has anywhere near those facilities - Kings - they've got it all but spread from "breakfast to bumhole"; Shore may have the ovals & what a grandstand - but their accommodation and other facilities are how far away and comparatively small? Joey's almost has it - but the accommodation etc is what - about a kilometre away? There being no other nominees, i declare Riverview the winners.
Why?
When it's in Qld, the game is at Ballymore where the Rugby facilities are great. accommodation wise, it's every man for himself.
They should play it at Concord Oval, let people sort their own sleeping arrangements.
IMO the tournament is all about providing the best oval possible, to allow the players the best opportunity to showcase their talents.
Riverview does not provide an optimum playing surface.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Why?
When it's in Qld, the game is at Ballymore where the Rugby facilities are great. accommodation wise, it's every man for himself.
They should play it at Concord Oval, let people sort their own sleeping arrangements.
IMO the tournament is all about providing the best oval possible, to allow the players the best opportunity to showcase their talents.

Couldn't agree more - any number of schools offer a better drained playing surface, though only Joeys (and Grammar?) offer a field without the centre also being the cricket wicket. & yes Concord is a beautiful surface (if it's available) & St Lukes across the road is a more than adequate #2 oval and warm up facilities!

However, with the ARU as the principal sponsor, in these days of fancy professionalism, the sponsor gets more than a just a say in where the advertising banners are placed.

How long since Aust Schools took the Ballymore option - now-a-days (with ARU involvement) it's also about developing all facets of the game - not just on-field results, or as a means to an end for selecting Australian Schoolboys.

Tom Burke

Bob McCowan (2)

Well then the tournament would be well suited for Joeys, as they have arguably the best field in Sydney, possibly NSW and Australia. If you need more reliable sources, ask the Wallabies, they frequently train at Joeys during the wetter parts of winter due to the pristine condition of their fields, rain, hail or shine, along with a grandstand that can hold possibly 2000 people. In addition, they are supposed to have best boarding facilities of any school in Australia. As far as I am concerned, Joeys provide all of the required criteria to host the championships

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Textosphere from my spy at the ground tells me that NSW by 26 - 7.

Missed out on the 1/2 time entertainment The Old Time Scribes vs the Island Hobbits:).

Jarse duties kept me elsewhere.

S

spectator axe

As a spectator with no bias as some, i watched nsw1 in all 4 games this week. My best were 6, 7,4,13, 14 and 15. Along with no.9 for combined states on day 1 impressed me,,, interested to see if politics comes to the fore and whether these kids get their just deserts.

gbanger

Peter Burge (5)
Did anyone see Kosta Elenis and Eli Berns play? both Northern Territory boys and absolute standouts in Div II, Elenis probably being the best hooker/prop in Div II and Berns being one of the best flankers of the tournament. Both made the Presidents XV but could they possibly earn better? Would be great to see a couple of Div II boys maybe have a crack at Australia A or Schoolboys

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'll also be there tomorrow under the scoreboard, come and see me if you'd like discuss further. Look for a big Samoan wearing Southern Districts gear. I hope to see you then!

Tomasi where were you?

I had my note paper, pen and runners ready to ferry my observations to you but you didn't seem to be there! There was one bloke with a cap on standing under the scoreboard but he was more half back size and wasn't wearing Souths gear. There were another couple in chairs and a few more in front of them close to the touchline one of which was wearing a blueish jacket but he didn't look big or Samoan!!

NSW 26 def QLD 7

PS you were right about O'Connor - (although standing on the scoreboard side you probably didn't see him demolishing Tarr in the second half on Thursday) - today however Pleash absolutely took him apart in the scrums.

Status
Not open for further replies.