• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The League comp on the Northern Beaches disintegrated this year.
Most Clubs could not field 2 teams.
those that could had to play each other.
Valleys 1st grade played Valleys Reggie's in a semi final,and turned it into a semi opposed training run.
No one hoping for a future in the game will play in this comp.
There were rumours about Toyota cup,however, I am sure we would have heard reports if he had been sighted down there.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Match Schedule
22 Nov v Wales A - Neath RFC
27 Nov v Wales - Neath RFC
1 Dec v Ospreys - venue tbc
4 Dec v England - Harrow School
8 Dec v Scotland - Edinburgh
11 Dec v Leinster Schools - Dublin
14 Dec v Ireland - Belfast
17 Dec v Munster Schools - Limerick

Will anyone be blogging the games or at least posting the scores for vthe tour games? If so - here? where? ????

And well done GPSrow in completing the exams! Now to survive the wait for the ATAR!!!!

Thanks, Wreckless

The Rock

Ward Prentice (10)
The League comp on the Northern Beaches disintegrated this year.
Most Clubs could not field 2 teams.
those that could had to play each other.
Valleys 1st grade played Valleys Reggie's in a semi final,and turned it into a semi opposed training run.
No one hoping for a future in the game will play in this comp.
There were rumours about Toyota cup,however, I am sure we would have heard reports if he had been sighted down there.
As I do mix with Officials around the place, Manly are not Interested in him, they have plenty of good backs there. Any Talented League Boys who want a Future in League are Swoop Up very quickly at School Level by NRL Clubs, so you won't be playing Park Footy. Looks like Jones will be a Rugby Warringah Boy but hearing he is thinking about others.

blackheart

Peter Burge (5)
Exactly the person who would put out misinformation!
Last time I checked, this is a RUGBY site and an Aussie Schoolboy thread. With important games coming-up, let's get back to it!

The Raging Potato

Allen Oxlade (6)
From what I hear about young Jones I can only say that I have 150% respect for him. If the stories of his loyalty to Newport over schools who think they own kids are true then he deserves support from all of our community. I would not be surprised if the Sea Eagles were chasing him and if true that he has rebuffed them it is a win for rugby. As The Rock points out, I don't think he is a League winger as the position requires skills alien to rugby such as jumping and catching. However I understand from a close source that they are struggling for wingers who can do likewise so no wonder they would at least consider him.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
As The Rock points out, I don't think he is a League winger as the position requires skills alien to rugby such as jumping and catching. However I understand from a close source that they are struggling for wingers who can do likewise so no wonder they would at least consider him.
Spoke to a couple in the know, Harry was not being wooed to play on the wing rather at right centre. He was made an offer and went and looked over the facilities at Manly HQ.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Crikey, Harry Jones is the Quade Cooper of Schoolboy rugby in terms of numbers of posts generated about him.

I'll join in. I am happy he appears to have stuck with Heavensgame. It seems to fit the profile of past behaviours and loyalties.

He will probably be gutted at missing out on selection for the NH tour, but as we all know selection in the Aust Schoolboys is not the be all and end all with only a % of Schoolboys going on to pick up Soup/Wobs contracts. Look at Horwitz 2013 form and 2014 prospects for how a kid addresses being dropped by the Schoolboy selectors.

Said it before and will say it again, I reckon Jones (and Kellaway) will be worthy of interest from O'Connor in the Sevens programme and he is the right age for a tilt at Gold in Rio in 2016. Spending a year or two in Grego-Roman Rugby counting up to five endlessly will only allow some other bright up and coming athlete to get the inside running for Rio 7's.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Said it before and will say it again, I reckon Jones (and Kellaway) will be worthy of interest from O'Connor in the Sevens programme and he is the right age for a tilt at Gold in Rio in 2016. Spending a year or two in Grego-Roman Rugby counting up to five endlessly will only allow some other bright up and coming athlete to get the inside running for Rio 7's.

Spot on HJ. Exactly the reason he turned down Manly already part of O'connors extended squad already and has eyes on 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.