• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Super Rugby Team of the Week 2022

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
1 Bell
2 Kaitu'u
3 Tupou
4 Frost* second best lock
5 Rodda
6 Valetini
7 McReight
8 Harris
9 Fines-Leleiwasa
10 O’Connor
11 Flook* second best wing
12 Stewart
13 Paisami
14 Perese* finishing position on wing
15 Campbell

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
1. Slipper - pips Bell for a stronger scrum when both on the ground and greater workload
2. Kaitu'u - tight with FF (Folau Fainga'a) who had a much better game this week
3. Tupou - his scrummaging won the game for the Reds
4. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) - immense workload
5. Frost - excellent lineout and maul skills; score a meat pie
6. Valetini - player of the week by a long shot
7. McReight - outstanding No 7 play; HM to Gamble and Brown/Reimer
8. Harris - Wilson very good but very strong game by Harris against harder opposition.
9. Fines-Leleiwasa - top performance in a beaten side. Force in the game while Isaac was on the field.
10. JOC (James O'Connor) - controlled the game well and had moments of magic.
11. Muirhead - just plays consistently good rugby and is dangerous with ball in hand.
12. Simone - Kahui probably best No 12, but Simone was strong in defence and attack and scored a try few others would have.
13. Perese - just edges out Paisami on HP's yellow card. Both exceptionally strong games.
14. Flook - no mistakes and looked composed on the wing.
15. Banks - still the best of our No 15s and put in some excellent defensive work.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
1. Bell (WAR)
2. Kaitu'u (FOR)
3. Ala'alatoa (BRU)
4. Holloway (WAR)
5. Frost (BRU)
6. Valetini (BRU)
7. McReight (RED)
8. Harris (WAR)
9. Fines-Leleiwasa (FOR)
10. Donaldson (WAR)
11. Vaihu (REB)
12. Simone (BRU)
13. Perese (WAR)
14. Muirhead (BRU)
15. Campbell (RED)

As usual the Force suffer from their better players not being Wallabies eligible. I'll get shot down for my Donaldson selection but I thought he had a pretty solid 80 minute performance in trying conditions with his second half definitely better than his first. Vaihu was a standout performer for the Rabbles in an overall shit team performance, never gave up. I nearly chucked Hanson in over Kaitu'u as well, the latter's 78 minutes gave him the nod.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
1. Bell (WAR)
2. Kaitu'u (FOR)
3. Ala'alatoa (BRU)
4. Holloway (WAR)
5. Frost (BRU)
6. Valetini (BRU)
7. McReight (RED)
8. Harris (WAR)
9. Fines-Leleiwasa (FOR)
10. Donaldson (WAR)
11. Vaihu (REB)
12. Simone (BRU)
13. Perese (WAR)
14. Muirhead (BRU)
15. Campbell (RED)

As usual the Force suffer from their better players not being Wallabies eligible. I'll get shot down for my Donaldson selection but I thought he had a pretty solid 80 minute performance in trying conditions with his second half definitely better than his first. Vaihu was a standout performer for the Rabbles in an overall shit team performance, never gave up. I nearly chucked Hanson in over Kaitu'u as well, the latter's 78 minutes gave him the nod.
Donaldson come good in the second half. I like the kid’s style. If he played 80 mins how played the last 30, he would have had my vote. Donaldson and Gordon are the two at flyhalf I want to see develop this year because they have the best skill set and rugby minds for the longevity of the Wallabies IMO.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
1. Bell (WAR)
2. Kaitu'u (FOR)
3. Ala'alatoa (BRU)
4. Holloway (WAR)
5. Frost (BRU)
6. Valetini (BRU)
7. McReight (RED)
8. Harris (WAR)
9. Fines-Leleiwasa (FOR)
10. Donaldson (WAR)
11. Vaihu (REB)
12. Simone (BRU)
13. Perese (WAR)
14. Muirhead (BRU)
15. Campbell (RED)

Won't shoot you down KOB but I thought Donaldson was very hot and cold. I preferred JOC (James O'Connor) this week, but each to his own.

Clubhouse coach

Sydney Middleton (9)
Unfortunately I only managed to watch the second half of the Brumbies/ Tahs game. Thus I won’t be putting forward a team of the week.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
These teams of the week just illustrate how hard selection is, but RR you are taking the piss!
I have no issue with parochial bias for this exercise, people tend to watch the game involving the team they support more closely than they do the other games. At least they (we) are in most cases identifying the better player in each respective position from that game, it all gets sorted out when Slim releases the team of the week.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
1. Bell
2. Kaitu'u
3. Tupou
4. Blyth
5. Rodda
6. Valetini
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. Fines-Leleiwasa
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Petaia
12. Simone
13. Paisami
14. Wright
15. Campbell

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
1 Bell
2 Kaitu’u
3 Tupou
4 Rodda
5 Frost
6 Valetini
7 McReight
8 Wilson
9 Fines-Leliewasa
10 JOC (James O'Connor)
11 Petaia
12 Simone (would have been Kahui but ineligible)
13 Perese
14 Wright
15 Campbell

Last edited:

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
1. Bell
2. Kaitu'u
3. Tupou
4. Blyth
5. Rodda
6. Valetini
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. Fines-Leleiwasa
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Muirhead
12. Stewart
13. Paisami
14. Perese
15. Campbell

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I have no issue with parochial bias for this exercise, people tend to watch the game involving the team they support more closely than they do the other games. At least they (we) are in most cases identifying the better player in each respective position from that game, it all gets sorted out when Slim releases the team of the week.
Far from what happens in practice I think KOB. I agree that fans watch their own team players closer than others, but the number of Tahs and Reds fans on the site contributing to the TOTW by far outnumbering those from ACT, Vic or WA will always result in bias towards their selections. Unfortunate, but that is the way of the world.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
1 Slipper
2 Kaitu'u
3 Tupou
4 Blyth
5 Frost
6 Valetini
7 McReight
8 Wilson
9 Fines-Leleiwasa
10 O'Connor
11 Muirhead
12 Stewart
13 Paisami
14 Tonumaipea
15 Campbell

HM: Faessler and Canham. Both showed good signs on debut. Not really in the conversation for this team but I'm keen to see more of them at Super level.

Slipper edges Bell for his first half demolition of HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes). Ala'alatoa very close but Tupou's impact on the game was massive. Selected backrow were all phenomenal this week, holding out good performances from Uru, Gamble and Harris. Perese is a walking highlight real and was close, but his decision making still needs a lot of work on both sides of the ball. Wings were generally fine but didn't standout too much, Flook, Pulu and Petaia were all close.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Far from what happens in practice I think KOB. I agree that fans watch their own team players closer than others, but the number of Tahs and Reds fans on the site contributing to the TOTW by far outnumbering those from ACT, Vic or WA will always result in bias towards their selections. Unfortunate, but that is the way of the world.

Anybody who picked Banks ahead of Campbell either did not watch the games or is biased.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
And anybody who ignores the defensive efforts by Banks is just looking for highlight reel moments and ignoring the "meat and potatoes" Wamb. Banks was instrumental in stopping at least two tries and almost denied Harris with his covering tackle. Without those efforts, the Tahs win.

Campbell is certainly starting to get the recognition he deserves, but by my reckoning, Banks had a more influential impact on the game's outcome.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Tupou
4. Rodda
5. Blyth
6. Valetini
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. Fines-Leleiwasa
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Muirhead
12. Simone
13. Perese
14. Wright
15. Campbell

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Unsure of what game those posters who nominated Tom Wright watched on the weekend. Tom was poor by his standards and by the general standard required of Super players. He botched at least two tries and was replaced immediately by McKellar after his second poor effort.

He will be better, but that was one of his poorer efforts.