• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Super Rugby Team of the Week 2022

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Thought I'd kick this off for the 2022, here's my round 1 team of the week:

1 Angus Bell
2 Dave Porecki
3 Taniela Tupou
4 Darcy Swain
5 Izack Rodda
6 Angus Scott-Young
7 Brad Wilkin
8 Harry Wilson
9 Tate McDermott
10 Noah Lolesio
11 Tom Wright
12 Hamish Stewart
13 Izaia Perese
14 Andy Muirhead
15 Jock Campbell

HM: Digby Ioane, Pila Fifita and Charlie Gamble's moustache

Some incomplete thoughts on my choices: Kaitu'u just missed out to Porecki, they were both significantly better than the the other Hookers this round, most of whom struggled in either lineout or scrum. Swain and Rodda were excellent, which leaves Holloway as unlucky. If he had of been playing 6 intead he probably would've made it there, instead Angus Scott-Young gets it for 80 minutes of hard graft. Pasitoa and Donaldson were both good but Lolesio was the pick at 10. 12 was a bit ordinary so Stewart got it for the key role he played in the best defensive effort of the round. Flook and Ikitau also had their moments at 13, but Perese had the best game for mine. For the wingers Tom Wright was an easy pick, the rest were much of a muchness and could have easily been Turner, Petaia or Pulu.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
It's changed a bit with the competition format constantly changing the last few years, but for mine that was from the Australian sides (no Drua) only. Don't have any issue with including the Drua if that's what people want, doesn't really change my team for this round though.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
1 Angus Bell
2 Feleti Kaitu’u
3 Harry Johnson-Holmes
4 Darcy Swain
5 Izack Rodda
6 Brynard Stander
7 Brad Wilkin
8 Harry Wilson
9 Tate McDermott
10 Reesjan Pasitoa
11 Tom Wright
12 Lalakai Foketi
13 Izaia Perese
14 Jordan Petaia
15 Jock Campbell

Clubhouse coach

Sydney Middleton (9)
Good work Wilson, I agree on most of your selections and comments, no real standouts in the centres and only one standout wing.
1 Bell
2 Kaitu’u
3 Ala'alatoa
4 Rodda
5 Swain
6 FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner)
7Wilkin
8 Wilson
9 McDermott
10 Lolesio
11 Wright
12 Stewart
13 Perese
14 Pulu
15 Campbell
Swain and Rodda had excellent games, Philip also played strongly in a beaten side.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
1. Bell
2. kaitu’u
3. Tupou
4. Swain
5. Rodda
6. ASY (Angus Scott-Young)
7. Wilkin
8. Wilson
9. Gordon
10. Donaldson
11. Wright
12. Foketi
13. Perese
14. Mateale
15. Campbell

Hm: FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner), Anstee, porecki, AAA, Holloway, Godwin, McIntyre, Petiaia, Pulu, McDermott

Last edited:

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I am sticking principally with players from the Brumbies and Force because they respectively and respectfully were up against the toughest opponents and put on the best rugby over the weekend.

1. Slipper
2. Kaitu'u
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Swain
5. Rodda
6. Valetini
7. Koteka
8. Wilson
9. White
10. Lolesio
11. Wright
12. Foketi
13. Ikitau
14. Petaia
15. Banks

FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner), Neville and Frost were all very strong. Tate was good again and nearly displaces White. Pasitoa was very promising for the Force.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
1. Bell
2. Kaitu’u
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Holloway
5. Rodda
6: Swinton
7. Koteka
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. Donaldson
11. Pulu
12. Foketi
13. Perese
14. Wright
15. Campbell

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I went around BR's philosophy and picked a few extra players from the current competition #1 & #2 (Tahs & Reds) at the expense of some of those 9 Brumbies players. I also took the liberty of doing a bit of shuffling in the backrow as I had Wilkin and Harris as my next best, therefore no starting #6 in the top 5.

1. Bell (WAR)
2. Porecki (WAR)
3. Ala'alatoa (BRU)
4. Philip (REB)
5. Lee-Warner (FOR)
6. Samu (BRU)
7. Scott (BRU)
8. Wilson (RED)
9. Gordon (WAR)
10. Lolesio (BRU)
11. Daugunu (RED)
12. Godwin (FOR)
13. Perese (WAR)
14. Wright (BRU)
15. Campbell (RED)

Last edited:

dru

Tim Horan (67)
1 Angus Bell
2 Feleti Kaitu’u
3 Alan Ala'alatoa
4 Darcy Swain
5 Izack Rodda
6 Swinton
7 Rory Scott
8 Harry Wilson
9 Jake Gordon
10 Reesjan Pasitoa
11 Tom Wright
12 Lalakai Foketi
13 Izaia Perese
14 Jordan Petaia
15 Jock Campbell

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Slim’s Round one picks:

1. Bell (WAR)
2. Kaitu’u (FOR)
3. Ala'alatoa (BRU)
4. Lee-Warner (FOR)
5. Rodda (FOR)
6. Valetini (BRU)
7. Scott (BRU)
8. Wilson (RED)
9. Gordon (WAR)
10. Donaldson (WAR)
11. Daugunu (RED)
12. Foketi (WAR)
13. Perese (WAR)
14. Wright (BRU)
15. Campbell (RED)

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I’m happy to compile each week’s picks again like last year, but as the thread starter I’ll give Wilson first choice if he wants the gig…
Go for it, very happy for you to do the actual work part.

On that note is there a preferred format you want the teams in to make that compilation easier?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Go for it, very happy for you to do the actual work part.

On that note is there a preferred format you want the teams in to make that compilation easier?
No problemo…

I reckon if people just stick to the regular 1-15 format they’ve done so far it should be all good.

And maybe just add the round number at the head of the post, but I’ll try and put up every team of the round every Friday which should help sorting through at the end.

Last year we included non Aus eligible players playing in the 5 Australian teams, and I think we stick to that but agree with others the Drua should be excluded.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Teti Tela was (now Fiji capped).

Kitone Ratu would be close to qualifying through residency, but that may have since reset.

Leone Rotuisolia would have been eligible through residency previously, as above it may have reset.

Joseva Tamani was in the Melbrourne Riskng also, doubt he qualified through residency though

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
1 Bell
2 Porecki
3 Ala'alatoa
4 Rodda
5 Swain
6 Swinton
7 Wilkin
8 Wilson
9 Gordon
10 Donaldson