• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Baabaas Squad v. England

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Folks should remember that they always have a new player in the Baas team. Often they are league players like Robinson, Rogers and SBW.

But was their very first rugby game a baabaas game, like Mason's will be?

Adding an internationally uncapped player is a tradition in the baabaas, yes, I get that. But an uncapped-at-anything-to-do-with-rugby player?

Aren't they called supporters?

D

daz

Anyone see the game who could fill in a few details?

I'm keen to know how the Poms went in this game. During the 2011 6N (following on from the 2010 in-bound/out-bound tests) I could see that there was the beginnings of a good understanding within the Pom backs.

I'd like to know if the 4 tries scored by England were a result of good set plays or just the result of a disjointed BaaBaa's defence.

And I am not unhappy about the fact that England blew a big lead, either.....

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Started watching the stream as soon as I saw Mason go on (on the scrum.com site)

He actually went alright. Put in the centres next to Bastareaud where the commentators kept harping on about it being the biggest centre pairing ever. He was very enthusiastic and defensively aligned himself well. Didn't see him make any tackles however. He did a few hit-ups and I say hit-ups because it was very league like, ball turned on the inside from the halfback to a straight running Mason. He didn't go far because his body position was poor. He hit a few rucks and sealed off well which was a surprise, I thought he'd have no idea what to do. The Barbarians took over the game when he went on so he wasn't ever pressured or anything. Only on for about 10 mins. George had a top game on the other hand, scored a try.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Have just had time to watch the game. Willie was too upright :D :D in his running position. He also went to a ruck when he wasn't needed and left a gap.

Geez the Baas were good in the 2nd half and the try on the bell was a typical Baas try. Joe van Niekerk was my man of the match but Barnes gave it to Baas LHP Perugini, and in truth, the Baas scrum full of hard heads embarrassed a few of the young blokes.

It was only an England A team without the name and apart from Banahan as a 12, I don't think that many put a good case forward to be in the RWC squad, though obviously some will be.

George Smith looks like he has swallowed a whole cow but played well. Now he's big enough to play 8 but it's too late for Oz. He's not as big as Baas 12. Bastareud though. He must have the biggest arse in professional rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.