• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Barbarians FC vs South Africa, 4/12/10, Twickenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Will Genia, James O'Connor and Drew Mitchell have all been called up.

Matt Giteau also got a call up. This gives me the shits because it shows that he is still considered an exciting, classy player. Maybe the only place in the world that thinks he should be dropped and banished is this forum?

Any predictions of where O'Connor will play? I'm betting he get's benched.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Also in the squad are All Blacks Joe Rokocoko and Ma'a Nonu, Australian duo Drew Mitchell and Will Genia and France's Francois Trinh-Duc.

Trinh-Duc has been withdrawn from the November Tests due to a hamstring injury he suffered this weekend, but is expected to be fit for the Barbarians match.

But it's not only the back-line that boasts some of the planet's best players - the forwards include All Blacks hooker Keven Mealamu, Ireland's most-capped player John Hayes and Italy legend Salvatore Perugini. They will be joining Wales and British Lions Martin Williams and Kiwi giant Rodney So'oialo.

I believe I saw that Trinh-Duc is now out.

I love this jigsaw game. Have to wait until all the squad is announced but let's start with:

15 James O'Connor
14 Joe Rokocoko
12 Ma'a Nonu
11 Drew Mitchell
10 Matt Giteau
9 Will Genia
7 Martin Williams
3 John Hayes
2 Keven Mealamu
1 Salvatore Perugini

19 Rodney So'oialo

These games really should be the official finale of the SH season/ launch of the NH season. They have the potential to be massive show-pieces.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Gits is an interesting call, but could be partially based on his performace in this game vs the ABs last year, which was probably his best performance of the year. Created a gem of a try for Habana IIRC.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
At this point with all the injuries, SA need this game like they need a hole in the head.

Reactions: DPK

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Just found out that my missus is going to the game. It has only taken me 7&1/2 years but I have finally gotten her interested in rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.