• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Barbarians vs Samoa, Sunday 28 November 12:30AM AEST

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Team has been named for the Barbarians, and it's about half Australian so I figured this game deserved a thread:

1637574793078.png

Interesting to see O'Connor getting a run at fullback.

No idea if this is going to be broadcast in Australia, no sign of it on the Stan calendar.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Are barbarians games beneath the All Blacks nowadays, or is there a reason for their non participation?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Would be great to watch this. Still a wonderful enterprise.

I assume Dunne is the uncapped player?

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Olly Robinson as well I think. Would've loved to have seen Lynagh picked, would've fit right in with the almost entirely Australian backline
Do we really think Louis is at that level though? You’re talking Louis right? No disrespect but this is a left field comment which I think is based an an honorary name rather than him even being in contention.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Do we really think Louis is at that level though? You’re talking Louis right? No disrespect but this is a left field comment which I think is based an an honorary name rather than him even being in contention.
Yeah Louis Lynagh and absolutely I do. The barbarians typically pick at least one uncapped player on the fringes of test selection - Louis has been with the England squad and is in fine form for Quins, who probably play the most attacking, adventrous rugby in Europe, very much in the Barbarians style. He's exactly the sort of player they'd pick and when Petaia was ruled out I honestly thought he was a shoe in. That's before the added benefit of the chance for Rennie and a few of the Aussies in the squad to charm him into following his brother.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Yeah Louis Lynagh and absolutely I do. The barbarians typically pick at least one uncapped player on the fringes of test selection - Louis has been with the England squad and is in fine form for Quins, who probably play the most attacking, adventrous rugby in Europe, very much in the Barbarians style. He's exactly the sort of player they'd pick and when Petaia was ruled out I honestly thought he was a shoe in. That's before the added benefit of the chance for Rennie and a few of the Aussies in the squad to charm him into following his brother.
Yeah okay. I just don’t see it YET. Watched a bit of the Harlequins when there was chatter about him coming this way and was a bit disappointed with the hype. Still young and if he’s anything like his old man then we are in for a treat. Curious on seeing a few games of the younger lad but probably in the QPR to kick off.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

what level? a exhibition game against the 13th ranked team in the world?
For a guy that was earlier named in the English training squad?

Yeah, I think Louis is at THAT level.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Looks like there's been some late changes to the side, from the barbarians twitter:

20211126_064007.jpg

From an Australian perspective: Robertson out, Leota to 4, O'Connor to 10, Ikitau to 13, Wright to 15, White and McDermott swapped, and Perese to the Bench.