• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Battle of the Blood Red: Lions v Queensland Reds 8th June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
In reply to the pearls of wisdom dished out from you and your version of the spirit of the game at the Reds v Lions feel a tad sorry for you

It is a bit warped to say the least if you think it's okay to boo and carry on like a pork chop and think it's normal we'll have found my perfect rugby role moron or sorry spell check role model lol

Anyway hope you enjoy the rest of the Lions tour and hopefully will not have the pleasure of sharing a seat in the same row as you for the first test v Wallabies if I do will have to bring my best behaviour and conflict resolution skills when trying to enjoy the big Game

On that point remember no one is bigger than the game so take a chill pill and try applauding and be a sportsman for a change M88 also realise you are entitled to your opinion and probably you voice yours very often if I was a betting man

Thanks for such a civilised reply and listen to the PA stadium warnings on behaviour of the sporting kind next time there at Suncorp before you spark something next to the rugby bloke there for the enjoyment not the comedy show from you Mr Boo Boo man

wow dude I wasn't having a go at you I just said if people wanna play negatively the crowd will react as such. My point was wholly about sportsmanship anyway, you do not own a monopoly on what is considered sportman in the game of rugby.

I've been to a lot of rugby games where I have been yelling out and supporting my team and so has the bloke next to me be him Kiwi, Irish or whatever, and at the end of the game we shake hands and appreciate what was a good game.

In fact I find it pretty offensive that you consider me an aggressive person based on the fact I don't enjoy insipid rugby. For you're information I've actually never ever been in a fight, and not for lack of people trying to start me.

You can sit in your seat and politely applaud every scrum penalty and tilt your head up as the ball splits the posts again but at the end of the day I'll be having more fun screaming for my team and enjoying every second of it, so bring on being in the same row as me buddy

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
What a great night of rugby Reds v Lions had more twists and turns than a Dan Brown novel rugby and hard physical gladiator style

Fantastic try from mozzie best seen for long time by any die hard supporter really enjoyed

However was disappointed by the Bo Bo reds supporters when it was about the kicking and taking the points common sense decisions

If I hear one more run it only and play pretty rugby from the princess romantics going to recommend brain transplant to all concerned

Have always said better a ugly win than a pretty loss sure we all enjoy tries however pass the ugly stick around people

Looking forward to a great Wallabies v Lions test match up at Suncorp in 2 weeks and look forward to the friendly banter from everyone so be warned you Princesses bo bo supporters hope you don't have seat next to me the ugly sister from the Cinderella rugby community
While I agree with your point, if you are a rank outsieder, which the bookies said the Reds were then I would rather lose pretty than lose ugly.
THere was only one chance of us winning, and it was not the ugly way.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
James Hanson: 8 tackles, 5 missed. (Plus 14 lineouts, 7 of which were lost.)
This stood out for me during the game, I admit I am a massive Saia fan to start with, but how much did the new second row have to do with the lineouts and how much was the hooker? South Africa seem to have equally tall second row players but I dont remember such a poor percentage against SA teams.

If this 7/14 came from Saia then he would be abused forever.

I suspect if we had Kev and Simmons then we would have gone bloody close to winning.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lions at the same link. Missed tackles, ineffective tackles, etc tend to be a bit subjective so they differ. Stats often do not prove anything, but can provide another take on things.

To give you an idea on differing stats:

rugbystats:
6 linebreaks all, Reds 20 quick rucks to Lions 7 quick rucks, Reds 9 offloads to Lions 8, Reds 736m run to Lions 774m, Reds 37 missed tackles to Lions 32, Reds 32 turnovers to Lions 25.

espnscrum:
Reds 8 clean breaks to Lions 12, Reds 7 offloads to Lions 6, Reds 551m run to Lions 594m, Reds 21 missed tackles to Lions 18.

A big difference, for example, is that rugbystats includes lineouts in turnovers, espnscrums does not.

espnscrum also has a lot less tackles, Schatz still has the most for the Reds, but now at 13 tackles and 1 missed. Lydiate had 15 tackles, 1 missed.

espnscrum has Cooper with 5 tackles, 2 missed, 3 defenders beaten, 3 offloads, 3 turnovers.

I am a bit dubious on the espnscrum stats, as it claims that Farrell made four clean breaks.

For the Lions defensive, from rugbystats:
Stuart Hogg: 3 tackles, 4 missed (worse than Cooper!)
Farrell: 9 tackles, 7 missed
North: 2 tackles, 2 missed
Parling: 8 tackles, 3 missed
Ben Youngs: 4 tackles, 2 missed
Cuthbert: 4 tackles, 2 missed

For the Lions:

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
This stood out for me during the game, I admit I am a massive Saia fan to start with, but how much did the new second row have to do with the lineouts and how much was the hooker? South Africa seem to have equally tall second row players but I dont remember such a poor percentage against SA teams.

If this 7/14 came from Saia then he would be abused forever.

I suspect if we had Kev and Simmons then we would have gone bloody close to winning.

I tend to agree. Certain players seem to get away without scrutiny for their mistakes, others get over scrutinised. Hanson seems to have escaped any comments for the lineouts, but a fair few looked to be his fault, including one attacking lineout plain overthrown.

craig147680

Frank Row (1)
Why was the Reds half back allowed to return to the match? It wasn't to pack down in the front row. It must have been for blood.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah he had a fair bit of blood. I assumed from when Farrell caught the back of his scone with his boot.

convenient wisdom

Allen Oxlade (6)
ben lucas had his left ear re attached to his head after he came off. as loopholes go, i think this qualifies..................just. (well he is a back, i suppose, and we cant have his corporate merchandise reds cap slipping down can we?)

Status
Not open for further replies.