• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ben Mowen survives alleged mutiny plot.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Mowen is a good leader

He certainly is for the Brumbies - and as a result I backed him into the Wallabies job.
I wonder if the dynamic will change in that regard without White (Jake): White seemed to me to have a view of rugby that suited Mowen's style + Mowen knew he was first picked so he had the confidence of the group.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Larkham has already backed Mowen in the media as Brumbies captain for 2014... He also believes he can be both Wallabies and Brumbies captain without an issue...

Round 15

Bob McCowan (2)
Hope the story is not true. Would love to see Ben keep his head in the scrum for longer. He looks up to see what is happening while the pressure is on the scrum.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Hope the story is not true. Would love to see Ben keep his head in the scrum for longer. He looks up to see what is happening while the pressure is on the scrum.

nah, he's checking who's is gonna stab him in the back, he's checking out his own team, not the opposition

he's just covering his arse really

M

Muttonbird

Not even my team but I'm starting to warm to Link. The decisive action he has taken on player discipline and power issues is impressive.

Given the Australian psyche, it must be just that much harder to run a Wallaby team because of the bigger egos involved.

dangerousdave

Frank Nicholson (4)
I liked Links quote this week in the papers when he refered to some players having played over 90 tests but no big moments of Bledisloes or RWC wins in that time.. and that the team had the change to be better and not continue down the same path. So true Mr McKenzie.

That leaves a pretty narrow group that he's criticising.

Moore and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

I don't think anybody else has played close to 90 tests, only one of those two was in the 'Dublin 6'.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There has to be a G&GR stubby holder caption using the Dublin 6 reference.

I'm sure some of the cleverer chaps on this thread could come up with something good.

PS. @Gagger, With summer around the corner, is it time for another G&GR stubby holder release?

T

Train Without a Station

That leaves a pretty narrow group that he's criticising.

Moore and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

I don't think anybody else has played close to 90 tests, only one of those two was in the 'Dublin 6'.

Wasn't AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) a fairly prominent figure in Andy Friend's axing?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wasn't AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) a fairly prominent figure in Andy Friend's axing?

He was the player rep on the board if I remember correctly..........

I believe the main trouble maker at the time was a former Wallaby captain.........

But, in the end it was the correct decision........

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I look forward to the headline saying "Integrity lost; Rugby media coverage now in rebuilding phase".

"Except the esteemed GAGR" is what I am sure you meant to finish that post with Daz. :)

It really does speak volumes about the level of rugby reporting from the professional 'journalists' if this sort of stuff passes as content.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
yeah sure it is o_O You might want to check a dictionary. Anyway, both Jake White and now Link have seen leadership qualities in Mowen but they must not have witnessed "the look".

So have I.
I was wrong.
The look betrayed his lack of confidence and authority at test level.
Run that through google.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Not even my team but I'm starting to warm to Link. The decisive action he has taken on player discipline and power issues is impressive.

Given the Australian psyche, it must be just that much harder to run a Wallaby team because of the bigger egos involved.

I don't think it's ego's. If your a core player in the Wallabies, your pretty safe in your position because we don't have the depth to piss you off for being a demanding prat. The ABs don't have these issue because there are 3 more players waiting in the wings to take your place, so you just keep your nose clean. You also have such settled leadership. I'm sure NZ in its (few) darker days have dealt with similar shit.

This certainly isn't an Australian only thing. Just look at the French at the last RWC.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Brett Harris is just another reason not to read The Australian. The combination of grudging praise when something worthwhile happens, sniping when nothing is happening, and generally insightless commentary rather than actual reporting is too excruciating to bother with.

Status
Not open for further replies.