• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Berrick Barnes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
BB needs to get rid of the kick first mentality. It seems to be his go to ploy as of late. Maybe something to do with his condition?
He has a tendency to kick the ball away from all parts of the pitch. That definitely will go against what Deans is trying to do with these Wallabies.
If Mitchell can make it back I would like to see JOC (James O'Connor) at 12 and Shmoo on the wing. That would be a sensational backline.

Then McCabe or another outside back would most likely be needed on the bench.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Barnes is a very good player but it would be a huge risk to pick him in the RWC squad after the year he has had.
A couple of knocks and he either cannot be used or he gets gun/tackle shy.
I know that is rough on him but we do have other options.

Maybe, although Cooper starts off tackle shy and he is in the team...

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Just for anyone that was interested or who didn't see the game. Berricks first game back

[video=youtube;hM1syokWo-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM1syokWo-8&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Maybe, although Cooper starts off tackle shy and he is in the team...

That's not exactly what I meant. If BB takes a few knocks, and let's face the fact that the oppositions will target him, then he may remain on the pitch but be hesitant and not 100% committed in defense.
I hope that he is able to return with no ill effects but it is a risk for RD to assume he will do so now based on a couple of runs in the Shute Shield where he has limited contact.

Novocastrian

Herbert Moran (7)
That's not exactly what I meant. If BB takes a few knocks, and let's face the fact that the oppositions will target him, then he may remain on the pitch but be hesitant and not 100% committed in defense.
I hope that he is able to return with no ill effects but it is a risk for RD to assume he will do so now based on a couple of runs in the Shute Shield where he has limited contact.

So you're concerned that he may take a head knock and that might cause an otherwise committed and fearless defender to become hesitant and not able to put in 100% when defending. Yet you're no doubt more than happy to have QC (Quade Cooper), who is guaranteed to be hesitant and to give 0.5% in defence, in the team?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
being at the game yesterday, barnes was quite good, he played most of the game at fullback, but seemed alot more involved than he was last week, when he was at first reciever his passing game was better than it has been for most of the year. that said, norths did roll over in the second half and put less pressure on than the emus did last week at times.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
So you're concerned that he may take a head knock and that might cause an otherwise committed and fearless defender to become hesitant and not able to put in 100% when defending. Yet you're no doubt more than happy to have QC (Quade Cooper), who is guaranteed to be hesitant and to give 0.5% in defence, in the team?

Yep....that's it

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Barnes got absolutely smashed by Ben Whittaker yesterday.

He got up, brushed himself off and continued to play very well.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Just watched this game on iView. Barnes looked excellent (as did Bernard Foley, which was pleasing as a Tahs fan). I wonder if we'll see him called up in the next week or two? Maybe for the trip to SA?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i think in terms of calling him up, as long as the wallabies are going well, if berrick isnt going to go back into the starting side right away, getting another 4 or so shute shield matches under his belt before he joins camp, might be better than training and sitting on the bench.

will certainly make sure of his head and get him up to speed better, but if deans sees him as starting 12 having him in the setup would obviously be more important.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
It's possible Barnes will spend time training with the Wallabies but still play Shute games on the weekend. This would seem to be a sensible approach and would allow McCabe to keep getting experience at the top level.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
There certainly are a lot of good young hookers playing right now. Whoever missed out should feel unlucky.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Barnes has been playing 10 and defending at 15 for UNI. He needs to show what he has got at 12 before he joins the Wallabies RWC crew... He's not ready yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.