• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimboJoe1006

Chris McKivat (8)
Even as a fairly new reader/poster I seem to have noticed fair bit of bias on this forum, and the Australian rugby community in general. Let me first state that bias, or subjective perspectives, are inevitable. However I often feel that in Australian sport, particularly NSWRU v QLDRU, it has gone too far.

As a Waratah fan, I will be the first to admit that I probably see the game through a lens as well. For example, I have often feel that some NSW players are not called upon for Australia enough, whether it be making the squad, the bench or the XV.

It often seems, both on this forum and in the 'real' world, that NSW fans will refuse to concede an inch regarding anything to QLD fans, and vice versa.

I was wondering whether many other people have felt a similar biased environment?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
It's all good we are all fans of our own clubs and of course we are biased. It's all right as long as you're not a Tom Carter Fanboy!

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I felt the same first time here, but have realised it's not as much bias as it is stirring.

Unless you are talking about waratah Jesus. That guy is nuts :)

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm wallabies 1st Reds 2nd then all other aussie teams after that but I've never really been one to pick a Reds player over another Aussie if I didn't think he was better.

When the tahs made those two finals I was gutted that they lost I would have loved watching them beat the saders.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
yes all the time. Nothing wrong with it. That's what rugby is all about.
People will alway think the Brumbies are arrogant, the tahs boring and the reds always fuck it up. Dunno what people thik about the force and rebels.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I felt the same first time here, but have realised it's not as much bias as it is stirring.

Unless you are talking about waratah Jesus. That guy is nuts :)

Wow, I'm actually one of the least bias people on this site, I just have waratah in my username as there the team I support at super level. I think you will find if you actually read anything I say in context that I'm probably the most level headed poster on here. There are much worse offenders who simply name unamed sauces or say there in the know without backup to make points that are just laughable I won't name them, they know who they are and my life is in danger from discovering them.

In conclusion to the original post, it's not bias it's rivalry. Most people watch and pay attention to the team they support the most much more than any other team. People may try to be impartial but there not as smart as you and I and would struggle to do so even though they may think they are. There is nothing wrong with it as long as the debate isn't highjacked by queen slanders.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Even as a fairly new reader/poster I seem to have noticed fair bit of bias on this forum, and the Australian rugby community in general. Let me first state that bias, or subjective perspectives, are inevitable. However I often feel that in Australian sport, particularly NSWRU v QLDRU, it has gone too far.

As a Waratah fan, I will be the first to admit that I probably see the game through a lens as well. For example, I have often feel that some NSW players are not called upon for Australia enough, whether it be making the squad, the bench or the XV.

It often seems, both on this forum and in the 'real' world, that NSW fans will refuse to concede an inch regarding anything to QLD fans, and vice versa.

I was wondering whether many other people have felt a similar biased environment?

I feel that the force don't get enough talk. But that's everywhere. Even over here in Perth lol.

I back the force but then I will back all of the other Aussie teams because I am australian and this is an international sport after all.

Go the force!!!!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Wow, I'm actually one of the least bias people on this site, I just have waratah in my username as there the team I support at super level. I think you will find if you actually read anything I say in context that I'm probably the most level headed poster on here. There are much worse offenders who simply name unamed sauces or say there in the know without backup to make points that are just laughable I won't name them, they know who they are and my life is in danger from discovering them.

In conclusion to the original post, it's not bias it's rivalry. Most people watch and pay attention to the team they support the most much more than any other team. People may try to be impartial but there not as smart as you and I and would struggle to do so even though they may think they are. There is nothing wrong with it as long as the debate isn't highjacked by queen slanders.

Like this one?
8016.jpg

Or inded this?

guarana+jesus2.jpg

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Don't need to. You're (mostly) level headed and I agree with you. And I have met you. You were wearing a "what would Tom Carter do?" badge

Status
Not open for further replies.