• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1: 29 July @ MCG

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I find Eddie's focus on size interesting given his comments around wanting to play "the Australian way" - we've never been a physically bullying team.
His rhetoric has always been rubbish but Eddie's record against Australia suggests he knows what beats Australia and what doesn't. Anytime we lose a RWC match it's because we get physically destroyed.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I'm glad Leota is getting some game time, despite being a little disappointed we don't get to see Gleeson. We were getting to a point where he was either going to either get picked or omitted for the WC squad without setting foot on a rugby field for the best part of a year. We really need to see what he can bring.

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
Can anyone enlighten me why throwing in a line out is a hard thing to do accurately?
It’s throwing but with two hands for added control.

I think it is like putting in golf. It shouldn't be that hard, but there's a ton of pressure and it has to be 99% correct to come off. If you have any indecision or doubt you get the yips and then it all goes to hell.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I'm glad Leota is getting some game time, despite being a little disappointed we don't get to see Gleeson. We were getting to a point where he was either going to either get picked or omitted for the WC squad without setting foot on a rugby field for the best part of a year. We really need to see what he can bring.
I don’t get this. Why do we really need to see it? Why him over others.

Not denying he’s a good prospect - but it’s not as if he was a level above in Super rugby.

By way of comparison 12 months ago Charlie Gamble was getting this sort of attention and now most people aren’t talking about him at all.

If he continues on his trajectory I’m sure we’ll see him in gold soon enough.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Gordon in for Quade? If it goes pair shaped then QC (Quade Cooper) and White are on the bench. I reckon he will go well BTW.

I like it. Hope Petaia and Kerevi go well. Good to see Kellaway back. We may lack a little speed in the pigs?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Some amazing attack and shite defence in both those backlines. Certainly won't be a low scoring affair.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I agree. Carter is much stronger than Quade defensively and so is Kellaway than Wright. Although talking about our Backline Defence doesn't fill me with confidence.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
F2AC8FUaMAElacQ
fuckin hell...

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Whilst there are probably doubts about the fitness of 2 of them, that's a full strength tight 5 we've now got in the 23. There can be zero set-piece excuses come Saturday.

Pretty clear Eddie sees Uelese as the 2nd hooker and Arnold, Frost and Skelton as the top 3 locks.
I am very happy with the fwds and the whole team. Now, can we put it together and play as a team? If we can then anything can happen in Melb. Wondering how Tom Hooper will go as a side entertainment to follow the Tate - Carter main event.

I'm thinking - subject to them putting in an 80 min effort - Wallabies by 7.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Papali'i is such a better player than Cane. Hooper has his work cut out for him against Dalton and Ardie being a 7.5.

Even as a Blues fan not sure I agree with that. Cane has had an excellent season whereas Dalton has had a down year compared to last year.

Two exciting teams named. Hopefully the Rebels influence encourages a few more to head along to the game.

Really pumped to go along on Saturday - should be a cracker.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
coloured areas are seats available. So looks fairly full with still a few days to go. Some tickets still available if people intending to go including Q35-36 which are very cheap for wallabies tickets. Which I wonder if only released late to market

Attachments

• IMG_9785.png
    IMG_9785.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 91

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I know it doesn't mean much but Leota's girlfriend said goodbye to him, "see you in September". Meaning that he's fairly confident he's going. What I take from that is I think she's part of the selection panel with Eddie.

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Ikitau is always touted as the soundest defender in the backline and the organiser of it all. So, we'll see how we go with out it.