• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1: 29 July @ MCG

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
It sounds like a bit of a throwaway line to try rev the players up a bit.

In a team sport, attitude and technique are nothing without organisation; similarly, organisation is nothing without attitude and technique.
Thanks le Cheese, where did you learn about running the D, and did you phone Les to ask him what was going through his mind? Your thoughts and Dru's have little to do with organisation, just watch a rush D and tell me how much organisation there is in that. It is all about closing down your opposition with aggressive tackling.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Thanks le Cheese, where did you learn about running the D, and did you phone Les to ask him what was going through his mind? Your thoughts and Dru's have little to do with organisation, just watch a rush D and tell me how much organisation there is in that. It is all about closing down your opposition with aggressive tackling.
Could do without the snarkiness hey.

An effective rush defence relies heavily on organisation - if one player rushes up out of the line, it creates enormous gaps. Defence 101 is ensuring you have an unbroken line taking the space together, regardless of the pace or intent.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The record at home in RWC years is inflated of late because they generally rest players right? They definitely haven’t this game.
No?
2011 the TRC (Tri Nations) was on the line.
2015 & 2019 were the first matches

I don't remember any resting. 2019 had the Scott Barrett red card but we were looking good before that anyway.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
No?
2011 the TRC (Tri Nations) was on the line.
2015 & 2019 were the first matches

I don't remember any resting. 2019 had the Scott Barrett red card but we were looking good before that anyway.

The Tri Nations in 2011 meant fuck all. Boks sent a weakened squad to NZ and ABs sent a weakened squad to RSA.

2011 was really weird by the ABs as they had actually named the RWC squad during the week of the Brisbane test so there was plenty of fallout from that with a home World Cup 2 or 3 weeks away (and all the pressure of the AB World Cup drought at that time).

If the ABs named their rwc squad after that Brisbane test I reckon it would have looked different. I remember Guildford had an absolute shocker (and was rarely sighted during the RWC) and Kaino didn't play so Adam Thomson played 6, fucked his shoulder and then got ran over by Samo.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Some quality coming early, don't burn out too quickly fellas.
damo.jpg

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Gorgeous winter day in Melbourne. No dew, no frost, sun all day. beers are cold, pubs are full. No excuses for dropped balls.

General tension and excitement in the air, not sure if people know it’s for the rugby or just Melbourne’s passion for SportsBall. Going by my vox pop of 1 (my hair dresser this morning) every man is going to the game.

My yearly reminder that I have many colours that don’t work with my complexion, with burnt yellow topping that list. Unfortunately Melbourne’s default uniform of black puffer jackets gives the All Blacks a pervasive, unearned support.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
That was my first thought reading it too, but given some of his recent comments I think he might really be anti-Holloway.
He’s definitely a T Hooper fan but I don’t think it’s necessarily directed at one individual. I have the same concern, I keep thinking back to the Ben McAlman fuck up in 2011, the difference here is it could have been covered by having McReight or Gleeson on the bench. If we are slow to the break down putting Rob Leota on wont fix that.