• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1: 29 July @ MCG

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
That should be a yellow card. Terrible sportsman ship from moanga. Absolute disgusting. Ardie smashes toupo in the ribs off the ball. Now this. All blacks playing dirty. So it's ok to be a dog but you yellow card someone for an accident.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
I know it was a long time ago, but the real turning point was Carter missing the penalty. We would have gone 10-5 up and were looking crispy in attack. After that he shanks two more kicks and the ABs essentially pile on points each time we make the errors.

It’s a tale as old as time isn’t it. We need to take every chance possible against the ABs - when we miss even a few minor ones, they rebound and we get torched. Our poor kicking and territory game in the first half killed us. I wouldn’t throw Gordon out on the street like idiots such as Marce - it’s his starting debut against the ABs FFS - but def plenty to work on (and like too).

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
It’s a tale as old as time isn’t it. We need to take every chance possible against the ABs - when we miss even a few minor ones, they rebound and we get torched. Our poor kicking and territory game in the first half killed us. I wouldn’t throw Gordon out on the street like idiots such as Marce - it’s his starting debut against the ABs FFS - but def plenty to work on (and like too).

Yep agreed. I think he’s clearly the way forward.

But when the dust settles on this game I’m sure a lot of people will say “our attack looked so much better in the 1st half with Gordon”.

Like okay yeh, it LOOKED good. We scored 7 points. And missed a penalty. Chill, he’s got a way to go.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Does Cody Taylor know how to not come in the side ? Just smashed letoa from the side.

It's not even Taylor. Whoever is playing 20

Wilson

David Codey (61)
So we all slammed Wright (rightly) but I reckon if it was him and not Kellaway on some of those breaks we scored 1 if not 2 tries............

Kellaway was too conservative. We need somewhere in the middle.
Arguably Petaia fits that and gets his boot more involved, but I think Kellaway is just short of a run and needs time to settle back into the role. Otherwise I'd prefer we just played an actual 15, but Campbell is the only one available and he wasn't exactly inspiring against Tonga.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Arguably Petaia fits that and gets his boot more involved, but I think Kellaway is just short of a run and needs time to settle back into the role. Otherwise I'd prefer we just played an actual 15, but Campbell is the only one available and he wasn't exactly inspiring against Tonga.
Still persist with him but someone needs to tell him sometimes an offload, pass or kick IS the best option.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
8895FB50-7B2D-4B55-86E7-16D758E0DDC8.jpeg

Aged well