• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 - AUS v NZL, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Just like to say, When Nic White is on his the best Scrum Half in Oz.. Unfortunately his not always on and this is his best from him in a gold jersey.

But actually running the ball after the shovel from HB was an absolutely on in every game this year, here is the first snip from a scrummie..

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Well done Australia. The first half was appalling from both sides, but both improved in the second half; the Wallabies more-so than the All Blacks. I'd imagine both coaches will have learned which players really shouldn't be going to the RWC, or at least in the top squads (D.Mumm, and S.B.Williams, immediately spring to mind).

Unfortunately winning the 3/4N is a RWC year, of course, means you cannot win the big event...

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Just like to say, When Nic White is on his the best Scrum Half in Oz.. Unfortunately his not always on and this is his best from him in a gold jersey.

But actually running the ball after the shovel from HB was an absolutely on in every game this year, here is the first snip from a scrummie..

I didn't see him gob off. He seemed much more focused in this game and it showed.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Well done Australia. The first half was appalling from both sides, but both improved in the second half; the Wallabies more-so than the All Blacks. I'd imagine both coaches will have learned which players really shouldn't be going to the RWC, or at least in the top squads (D.Mumm, and S.B.Williams, immediately spring to mind).

Unfortunately winning the 3/4N is a RWC year, of course, means you cannot win the big event.

Mumm didn't suck, SBW has always sucked at Rugby though.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Never one to doubt the quality of the ABs but tonight I thought we saw some signs of an ageing NZ forward pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree and I've been saying it for some time. Even the young ones aren't at the best of form. Retallick might of been the best last year but he's a shadow this year. Franks and Woodcock are terrible and Kaino and Read are past their best.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mumm didn't suck, SBW has always sucked at Rugby though.

Mumm was dreadful 1st half. Thankfully his 2nd half was pretty damn good. He seemed to get.. fitter somehow.

Maybe he was just shocked by the pace coming from English club rugby and tried to pace himself.

Interesting to see what happens to SBW now. He was injured and shit all year. Should've started Fekitoa and he might miss the RWC squad.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but I hope the Wallabies took a bit of offence at the ABs choosing not to do their usual big game 'Kapo o Pango' before a match to decide a trophy

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We shouldn't be too hard on Phipps.........

He was awful tonight, and his cynical penalty could've cost us the match........ but he also came on against SA and did what White did tonight (sans the penalty goal and try).

It will be interesting to see who Cheika starts with next match.........

If To'omua is at 10 I would pick White at 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.