• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 - AUS v NZL, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Drop Moore?

Qwerty, you are a card.....

Some of those penalties were incredibly dumb. His physicality doesn't seem to be there, he's still better than TPN but it looks like he's playing like he knows his spot is safe because he's the captain.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I haven't read a lot of the comments but there have been a few that have been hypothesising about why our lineout was so shit.
It's been said about a gigasquillion times on here that if you start Hooper and Pocock then the lineout suffers. It's not rocket surgery.

Anyway I'm stoked!! Phipps is so fucking lucky we won that one. He was a disaster tonight but luckily for him the consequences weren't as bad. Still, he needs a big fucking wake up call!

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Drop Moore?

Qwerty, you are a card.....

Maybe not "drop".......such a harsh word. Would it be nicer if it was a simple "rotation" to give TPN some more game time?

They are going to come at us with everything next week and try to blow us of the park just to make a point and I could see TPN's physicality coming in very handy for the first 60.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All I want to see next week is a competitive performance. I can handle a loss at Eden Park - let's face it, winning there would be akin to winning the RWC (at least for me). But I cannot handle another drubbing there. We have to get within 5 at least. That'll keep the belief going that we can win the big thing later on.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
What's par? They were scratchy against the Argies and just squeaked past the Boks. The field is leveling.

They have been below par for the last couple of games. If you don't think they'll be a lot better at Eden Park next week, I'm afraid I don't know what to tell you.

I sure hope the field is levelling, but they weren't close to their best.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
I haven't read a lot of the comments but there have been a few that have been hypothesising about why our lineout was so shit.
It's been said about a gigasquillion times on here that if you start Hooper and Pocock then the lineout suffers. It's not rocket surgery.

Anyway I'm stoked!! Phipps is so fucking lucky we won that one. He was a disaster tonight but luckily for him the consequences weren't as bad. Still, he needs a big fucking wake up call!

I thought the lineout was only really going to suffer if we played with the Pooper and the big willy at the same time? :confused:

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Yeah, not sure about dropping Moore, but he needs to be replaced sooner. I'd be pulling him at 50mins. Hooper is fine to captain.

I must say, for a guy who was renowned for His running game at the start of his career, Hooper must be the best defender in world rugby now.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Reckon I'd swap the halves around, and otherwise leave the team intact.

Mumm and Mitchell were poor for varying stretches of the game, but with Carter, Douglas and Simmons still injured, Mumm's probably the best option, while Mitchell's boot is still a very useful weapon in the back 3.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Groucho, I agree with you for the most part but I think we've established that Cooper/Giteau and Foley/Giteau doesn't work so we need To'omua starting to get the attack going forward............

Otherwise, agree that we shouldnt' be too hard on some players, and for the most part the 23 is slowly being locked in...........

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
They have been below par for the last couple of games. If you don't think they'll be a lot better at Eden Park next week, I'm afraid I don't know what to tell you.

I sure hope the field is levelling, but they weren't close to their best.

Meh.

The usual follow up to a poor performance in sports is another poor performance. It's called form. People (and teams) don't find themselves suddenly in form because they're angry and upset by their last performance out of form.

Not that the New Zealand team were poor. They were merely poor by their standards. Getting back to their high standards is a puzzle they'll have to solve with some hard work.

So yes, I think both teams will be about the same, which means very close.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
You guys only lost a couple of lineouts. Here's what matters though,

Australia:
Rucks won: 104 from 105 (99%)
Posession: 56%
Territory: 58%

AB's often lose both of those, not often the rucks though. Pooper (when the ref will allow them) are going to destroy teams with turnovers.

Meh.

The usual follow up to a poor performance in sports is another poor performance.

The AB's don't usually follow a loss with a loss. Would back them in Auckland EASILY, despite how bad the played this week.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Meh.

The usual follow up to a poor performance in sports is another poor performance. It's called form. People (and teams) don't find themselves suddenly in form because they're angry and upset by their last performance out of form.

Did you forget about 51-20 last year? I'd hope the Wallabies haven't forgotten it.

AB's often lose both of those, not often the rucks though. Pooper (when the ref will allow them) are going to destroy teams with turnovers.

NZ should try McCane.

Status
Not open for further replies.