• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 - AUS v NZL, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
In fact the point of Hoopers action was to remove Sanchez from his person so he could continue in the play whereby in the case of Eben he was just trying to retaliate and hurt Horwill.
So maybe the latter is more serious yet received no citing.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
It's a good looking squad. Palu now has a chance to sew up the number 8 spot, albeit against very tough opposition against whom he has struggled in the past. He will need to be managed very carefully if he is to see out the RWC campaign. Use of the Pooper will help to restrict his amount of game time.
Hopefully we see Gits at 10 with To'omua outside him this week.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It's interesting that Sean McMahon is still in the squad and still hasn't received any game time. My suspicion is that the game plan is going to be heavily reliant on having the Pooper on the field, so much so that an understudy is required in the event that one of the 7s is unavailable. I think that is McMahon's role and therefore would expect him to be in the 23 if SANZAR are successful at appealing their own decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
As a byproduct of that, the role of the other bench forward (non front row) has to be to cover both the big loosie and lock positions, as mumm did on the weekend. So if fardy is out this week I reckon mumm will still be on the bench - big dog at 6 and Palu at 8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Am thinking that Cooper may have one more opportunity in Sydney. He will be booed just as much there as anywhere in NZ and if he can fire under pressure that will give Cheika an idea of his ability at the RWC.

Unfortunately it seems as if a small few posters on this forum will be among the absolute shameful who boo an Australian player in Australia, like what happened last time Cooper played Wallabies in Sydney.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Doesn't have to be Mars. Any one of the other 194 countries on earth will suffice

Your thoughts on the suitability or otherwise of Jannie Lubbe (Sethfricken who reckoned Frans Steyn had no case to answer) & Mike Heron (kiwi Solicitor- General, I believe) to hear Hooper's appeal? I assume you have no problem with Terry Willis, him being an Aussie and all......................

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
SANZAR appealing the decision. Good way to make themselves look like complete fools. They're having it reviewed on Sunday afternoon as well. Surely making it impossible now that poor old Manly will be with their inspirational flanker. What can they possibly hope to achieve from any of this?

^^^ People booing in Sydney? Naa, would never hear of it. Must be the kiwi and AFL fans in the crowd.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
SANZAR appealing the decision. Good way to make themselves look like complete fools. They're having it reviewed on Sunday afternoon as well. Surely making it impossible now that poor old Manly will be with their inspirational flanker. What can they possibly hope to achieve from any of this?

^^^ People booing in Sydney? Naa, would never hear of it. Must be the kiwi and AFL fans in the crowd.
BOOOOO SANZAR BOOOOOOOO..... see what i did there ;)

T

Train Without a Station

Sanzar appealing is completely normal. Has happened on a number of occasions.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Sanzar appealing is completely normal. Has happened on a number of occasions.

Yes, but why for this one? The 2 week reduced to 1 week ban seemed perfectly fine. Maybe they are having a hissy fit because a striking charge has resulted in zero test matches missed, maybe they're doing it because (like everyone knows), Hooper was never going to play this week.

What the hell are they hooping for? (see what i did there, hehe)

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Yes, but why for this one? The 2 week reduced to 1 week ban seemed perfectly fine. Maybe they are having a hissy fit because a striking charge has resulted in zero test matches missed, maybe they're doing it because (like everyone knows), Hooper was never going to play this week.

What the hell are they hooping for? (see what i did there, hehe)
Just had a look at the regs and I think you are only supposed to get a 50% reduction due to off field mitigating factors - accept guilt and say sorry.

Hooper doesn't seem to have done that (in fact contested the charge) so shouldn't have got the reduction.

My guess - ban lengthened to two weeks, the low end sanction, and misses bled 1

drop kick

Frank Nicholson (4)
Stand with Adam.

The wallabies should do a Bumalay Yuurrmay next week.
"We all know and admire the Haka ... so why not one of http://theconversation.com/we-all-know-and-admire-the-haka-so-why-not-one-of-our-own-45432
image.jpg

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Your thoughts on the suitability or otherwise of Jannie Lubbe (Sethfricken who reckoned Frans Steyn had no case to answer) & Mike Heron (kiwi Solicitor- General, I believe) to hear Hooper's appeal? I assume you have no problem with Terry Willis, him being an Aussie and all........

my comment was tongue in cheek. i couldn't care less where the judiciary come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.