• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 2023 @ Dunedin 12:35PM Sat 5 Aug

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Absolutely and then he was astonishing for Chiefs and earned the right to play for the ABs.
Yep, I keep forgetting how the Waratahs persisted in signing Jeremy Tilse while studiously ignoring the Eastwood props who regularly destroyed him and his mates.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yep, I keep forgetting how the Waratahs persisted in signing Jeremy Tilse while studiously ignoring the Eastwood props who regularly destroyed him and his mates.
That's been happening for a while. I remember a well known Tahs prop and multi Wallaby player who used to get dished up in Shute Sheild regularly but held his spot in the Wallabies. In my day the Gordon scrum was invited to scrummage against the Wallabies and did them easily, never got invited again.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
There's a FIFA World Cup round of 16 match in Auckland at 3pm AEST and one in Wellington at 6pm AEST.
giphy.gif

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
This game at 10.30am Perth time. FFS this is unacceptable. As the centre of the Rugby universe we deserve better. What I need to drink irish coffees to numb the pain.....unacceptable.

just looked and am sure it has been discussed .... but genuinely will be one of the least watched Bledisloe's ever in this country. just getting trodden over by the Kiwi schedule makers. thought they were onto something mid week last year

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pretty sure that as it's not a TRC fixture the date & time would've been by mutual agreement. Possibly FIFA were given uncontested time slots as quid pro quo for being lenient wrt stadium use but at some point RA have agreed to a 2:30 NZT kickoff.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
In my day the Gordon scrum was invited to scrummage against the Wallabies and did them easily, never got invited again.
That doesn't mean anything. You can have a front row of 600 kg (200 kg each player) and smash everybody at scrum and then been useless at open play. At international level that front row can't success

It's common to heard from Saffas that they have bigger props at Currie Cup than the Springboks props but are useless at open play. In NZ you have the example of Ben Tameifuna, a HUGE prop. He was invited some times to ABs training camp but the coaches always said that he had to lose some weight to wear the black jersey. Finally he played for Tonga

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
just looked and am sure it has been discussed .... but genuinely will be one of the least watched Bledisloe's ever in this country. just getting trodden over by the Kiwi schedule makers. thought they were onto something mid week last year
Yes, but it’s definitely got something to do with the women’s soccer scheduling. I’m ok with it, my playing days involved us all meeting at a pub for a counter lunch to watch the Bledisloe, then going off to warm up and playing ourselves. I’m looking forward to it, but I agree there won’t be a lot of eyeballs. At least it won’t show up in the Aus ratings.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yes, but it’s definitely got something to do with the women’s soccer scheduling. I’m ok with it, my playing days involved us all meeting at a pub for a counter lunch to watch the Bledisloe, then going off to warm up and playing ourselves. I’m looking forward to it, but I agree there won’t be a lot of eyeballs. At least it won’t show up in the Aus ratings.
Ah yes those were great. Pregame test on the TV at the pub.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
That doesn't mean anything. You can have a front row of 600 kg (200 kg each player) and smash everybody at scrum and then been useless at open play. At international level that front row can't success

It's common to heard from Saffas that they have bigger props at Currie Cup than the Springboks props but are useless at open play. In NZ you have the example of Ben Tameifuna, a HUGE prop. He was invited some times to ABs training camp but the coaches always said that he had to lose some weight to wear the black jersey. Finally he played for Tonga
Somewhat true Marce. Scrummaging is an important part of the game and I think we have, at times. ignored scrummaging for open play and paid a price for it. At this time we are neither dominant in the scrum nor in open play. I did expect our scrum to go better than it did in Melbourne.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
admittedly it’s been a busy week but I only just realised this game is at 12.30, hasn’t exactly been much promotion of this time.

why would you play a test match at 2:30 local? Unless you hate tv ratings

Overtime

Herbert Moran (7)
Any chance this team could beat the AB's, with Cyclopath as ref. and coached by Eddie's Eyebrows.

1. Fat Prop (The only position this guy could play)
2. Maulalltheway
3. Ghost of Raelene (imagine this running at you ball in hand and full speed)
4. Phitzy (Saw him play a test back in 1990 against the French, should of never moved into journalism though)
5. Dctarget (Maulalltheway can't miss him when throwing the ball into the lineout)
6. Viking (No 6)
7. Mr Pilfer (the best seven in town)
8. Wilson (No 8)
9. LeCheese
10. The Red Baron
11. Bullrush (Judging from his picture I think he might be a Kiwi and we always have at least one Kiwi in the side)
12. Brumby Runner (A hard fast runner to get over the gain)
13. Linerunner2023
14, Braveheart
15. The Phoenix

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Any chance this team could beat the AB's, with Cyclopath as ref. and coached by Eddie's Eyebrows.

2. Maulalltheway
4. Phitzy (Saw him play a test back in 1990 against the French, should of never moved into journalism though)
5. Dctarget (Maulalltheway can't miss him when throwing the ball into the lineout)
6. Viking (No 6)
8. Wilson (No 8)
9. LeCheese
10. The Red Baron
11. Bullrush (Judging from his picture I think he might be a Kiwi and we always have at least one Kiwi in the side)
13. Linerunner2023
14, Braveheart
15. The Phoenix
I'll be happy to carry the water.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

4. Phitzy Pfitzy (Saw him play a test back in 1990 against the French, should of never moved into journalism though)

Have some respect, these players give their all for the Green and Gold, we should make the effort to get the name right. ;)

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
You all know that I like Uelese and that I see something there. Eddie obviously does as well.
I think he has been better each game. Most likely EJ (Eddie Jones) is flogging him to get him fit. Fitness is the key for him.

I am surprised he was picked but am hopeful that Jones can pull out of him what I and some others have hoped for over the past few years. I also would like to see Faessler get a run at some point.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)

The 8PM Wellington match was the one the NZ women's team most likely would've played in, if they'd qualified. Would've been a bit crass to have both playing at the same time.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)

2. Maulalltheway
6. Viking (No 6)
8. Wilson (No 8)
9. LeCheese
10. The Red Baron
13. Linerunner2023
14, Braveheart
15. The Phoenix
Put Qwerty in there somewhere