• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #2 - AUS v NZL, Eden Park, Auckland, August 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I actually just picked up another homophonic error in my post so I changed it before I get accused of misrepresentation and/or misleading the forum.

I'd actually say they do pat each other on the backs a fair bit at the moment!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The thing about the Pooper is we can't rely on it. We need to find multiple ways of winning, and Cheika's approach so far has been to do that.

Wonder if he'll name a "squad" for the game this week, then finalise once he's seen Hansen's list?

And Kiwis don't rate Palu BTW - they have never had him do anything good against them (in their not-so-humble opinions), and I can't see that changing if he's short of game time. Maybe impact at the back end with Skelton? Dunno.

old fella

Stan Wickham (3)
to see what its like to be the sole 19 year old Wallabies supporter in a Dunedin rugby pub as the wallabies won last week, here are a series of texts from my son (who wore his wallabies jumper)

"f....k"
"s....t"
'i love"
"australia"
"yes"
"I'm gonna get bashed
"Its very weird, everyone is angry."

Just after that ( he is a hooker), his prop mate popped him one...

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
The thing about the Pooper is we can't rely on it. We need to find multiple ways of winning, and Cheika's approach so far has been to do that.

Wonder if he'll name a "squad" for the game this week, then finalise once he's seen Hansen's list?

And Kiwis don't rate Palu BTW - they have never had him do anything good against them (in their not-so-humble opinions), and I can't see that changing if he's short of game time. Maybe impact at the back end with Skelton? Dunno.

If we can only play people Kiwis rate, then we'd have to bring back George Smith, and he'd have to play on his own.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
it has to be a given that Palu won't be the run on No 8 on Saturday night, simply because he hasn't got his international fitness level up to scratch.
He may come on with 15 mins to go.
Skelton might have trained instead of Horwill to allow the latter extra recovery time, as I see him too vital to the line out.
In fact, the run on forward pack will probably remain unchanged.
Nos 9, 10, & 12 will probably be where more experimentation will take place.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Well i liked it...
11817173_891773217581202_6571813662547195242_n.jpg

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
If we can only play people Kiwis rate, then we'd have to bring back George Smith, and he'd have to play on his own.

You guys actually don't rate him against either NZ or SA.

A couple of years ago I wen back and looked thru all the GAGR rating for the last 3 or 4 years or something and against those 2 team, you guys here on GAGR had rated him around pretty averagely - there may have been 1 or 2 games where you guys said he played well but resoundingly you rated him as pretty unremarkable if not bad.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
You guys actually don't rate him against either NZ or SA.

A couple of years ago I wen back and looked thru all the GAGR rating for the last 3 or 4 years or something and against those 2 team, you guys here on GAGR had rated him around pretty averagely - there may have been 1 or 2 games where you guys said he played well but resoundingly you rated him as pretty unremarkable if not bad.

When you say "you guys", you have to remember that Australia consists of many rugby nations: Redstralia, the Wallatahs, the Brumbies, and Restralia. Palu has never been rated by (pick a franchise nation other than the Wallatahs).

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
When you say "you guys", you have to remember that Australia consists of many rugby nations: Redstralia, the Wallatahs, the Brumbies, and Restralia. Palu has never been rated by (pick a franchise nation other than the Wallatahs).

Has George Smith ever rated by any other 'franchise nation' other than the Brumbies? Latham - Restalia? Pocock?

I think you make too much of the parochialism - most good players are well regarded here no matter where they come from. Well, from what I've seen anyway.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
The chances close to the ruck won't happen for Australia again - that was the AB's being a bit lazy and thinking Aussies were going to play wide. Make no mistake, the win over the AB's while fantastic, wasn't particularly well constructed - it was more a matter of a strong will to get the result, which has also been the case against SA and Argentina (although less so against they Argies, they weren't good against us).

Aussies were still not making solid metres across the gain line consistently on Saturday - certainly before Foley exited the game.

For me a creative 10 (Cooper) and a direct 12 (To'omua) with hardworking wingers (Mitchell I thought was excellent looking for ball on attack) with strong forward ball carries (Sio, Horwill, Skelton) will give the Wallabies the variation they need to win this game. It won't come like it did on Saturday - the All Blacks are too good and too experienced to allow that. The key is getting front foot ball and its still something the Wallabies have been unable to unlock this year.

Although it won't happen, I'd also look at playing TPN or Hanson. Moore has been a touch off around the paddock. Probably makes up for it in lineouts and captaincy, but I'd still have him off for the bench for a game.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Nah imo they rate Genia, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Pocock, Hooper, Moore, Folau, Beale tho not at 12, JOC (James O'Connor), Gits on a good day, TK I reckon, but of those they only fear Pocock, Hooper, Folau, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and on their day any of the three amigos. The dislike for Cooper is a tell. They don't rate him now, but they rubbished him to keep him down having feared he'd be the new evil wizard. Well that's my read having lived there for many years anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.