• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
ABs by 23. Wish it weren't so. Can't see our pack staying with them for enough of the game.

Reactions: mst

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I hope I don't read this as the banner line re the test in the paper tomorrow morning:...

No more wallabies: New Zealand exterminates all introduced predators

tragic

John Solomon (38)
F@#k me you guys are a depressing lot. The wallabies have a shocker every year. Can't remember the last time they haven't. The Doomsday pundits come out then normality returns.
The English series was dissaponting (there's that word again) but respectable
The wallabies are capable of much better than last week. Their tackling and handling was well below their usual standard.
Tonight should be a much tighter affair.
We won't win but I doubt it will be the walk in the park everyones predicting.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
F@#k me you guys are a depressing lot. The wallabies have a shocker every year. Can't remember the last time they haven't. The Doomsday pundits come out then normality returns.

The English series was dissaponting (there's that word again) but respectable

The wallabies are capable of much better than last week. Their tackling and handling was well below their usual standard.

Tonight should be a much tighter affair.

We won't win but I doubt it will be the walk in the park everyones predicting.

Respectable? We lost all games to the Poms on our home soil

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
They are (or were) showing the 2nd Bledisloe Cup test of 2011 on 502.
Still the best 1st half I've ever seen from the wallabies.
Produce that 1st half twice over tonight and we win.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
An early red card to Barrett and Read to depart injured after 25 minutes.

Wallabies then manage to stay within a point of the 14 man AB's before Quade steals it for the men in Gold with a drop goal after the siren!

Yes, I do prefer daydreams to nightmares...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)

Wallabies then manage to stay within a point of the 14 man AB's before Quade steals it for the men in Gold with a drop goal after the siren!

Yes, I do prefer daydreams to nightmares.

A Royal Commission would be set up in NZ if this happens.
Sadly it won't :(

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Yes, I do prefer daydreams to nightmares.

You're optimistic with your mode of victory. In the 1978 test Ken Wright a field goal, I recall Mark Ella kicking one or two field goals against the All Blacks in 1980, the last field goal that I can recall being kicked by the Wallabies was in 1999 v South Africa at Twickenham.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
You're optimistic with your mode of victory. In the 1978 test Ken Wright a field goal, I recall Mark Ella kicking one or two field goals against the All Blacks in 1980, the last field goal that I can recall being kicked by the Wallabies was in 1999 v South Africa at Twickenham.

QC (Quade Cooper) got one v the All Blacks in Bledisloe 3 at Wellington in 2013 ;)

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
A penalty goal would do- similar to the one KB (Kurtley Beale) kicked against SA from 50 out

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wobs have kicked 84 DG (incl. two from marks) in 593 Tests, or one every 7.06 matches. Top 10 by total DG kicked is:

1. France 223 in 729 matches, avg 3.27 matches/ DG
2. Scotland 149 in 661, 4.43
3. England 145 in 701, 4.83
4. Wales 131 in 690, 5.27 (I expected that to be lower for some reason)
5. Ireland 106 in 663, 6.25
6. Italy 103 in 470, 4.56
7. South Africa 103 in 456, 4.43 (I also expected their's to be lower)
8. Argentina 100 in 410, 4.10
9. New Zealand 96 in 542, 5.65
10. Australia 84 in 593, 7.06

http://stats.espnscrum.com/statsgur...orderby=drop_goals;template=results;type=team

Status
Not open for further replies.