• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe # 3 - Saturday 31st October, ANZ Stadium

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
In all seriousness the sheer weight of inexperience made that one an insurmountable task for Australia. Deans did the same as Rennie in 2008, bringing in a whole raft of young guys, many in their early 20's, obviously results didn't come from the outset, but after 2 years the team was peaking (2010).

Rennie is harvesting the young crop for the next Wallaby coach (likely McKellar) to reap the rewards, there will be hardship inevitably in the short-term & near future, but whichever coach inherits this next generation of Wallabies in 2024, or later (most likely McKellar) is going to be in an exceptionally favourable position.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
You obviously don't get it. What I am saying is that the blokes at Shute level are playing and executing skills better at their level with their peers. Yes its not as intense or hard, but it is relative.

I will say it outright, the Wallabies are frauds.

They are not able to execute basic skills within their professional peer group. They do not deserve to be ranked as a tier 1 nation. I seriously doubt if the Wallabies could compete consistently with teams in whatever they call the ITM cup these days. So we have a group of players who extract Tier 1 wages for being under performers who do not improve on any of their basics.

I want to go to work like that do fuck all and get top dollar.

Have a read boys. You are frauds, a joke, Aaron Smith was having a lark at half time, you aren't worth taking seriously. They came out played a bit mucked around and still put a record score on you.

I get the disappointment, but the honest truth is that this is about the best we have running around in Australia atm, it's silly to think SS players are better at executing basic skills at this level. The depth just isn't there for the 3rd rung contact sport vs. NZ's essentially national sport. To call the players frauds is pretty harsh and unfair. Case in point was the youth and inexperience we had out there tonight.

If we had the ability to keep our ~26-30yr old talent that's migrated offshore it might be a different story, but Rugby just isn't in the financial position locally to keep our player base at home.

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
Rome wasn’t built in a day. One disappointing result from a bunch of rookies isn’t the end of the world. I doubt Rennie would have chosen a rookie 10/12 combo if he had the chance. We beat the poms who were packed with promising rookies by heaps a few years before they won the World Cup. I personally think the rookie backline tried to do too much without earning it, they kept trying to manufacture points instantly instead of building pressure and capitalising on that pressure, lesson learnt. One thing that seemed to kill us was their mid field kicking. Our wingers are pretty one dimensional, probably need a winger who has a kicking game and a bit more ball play.

just bring in Vunivalu :p

Th0mo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Even I felt sorry for Crossword Frizzle here, he knew bugger all about it. Petaia literally looked like he was trying to attack Frizzle's forearm with his nose.

Disagree. Either that arm was in motion to tackle and was high impact (see mess made of his face) or he wasn’t using his arm and it was a shoulder charge with same outcome. Referees making up nonsense on field about him falling (started low continued at same height) was embarrassing. Hopefully SA still available to play citing officer lotto for us.

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
Rennie face here says it all ..
6GIWOQv.png

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Rome wasn’t built in a day. One disappointing result from a bunch of rookies isn’t the end of the world. I doubt Rennie would have chosen a rookie 10/12 combo if he had the chance. We beat the poms who were packed with promising rookies by heaps a few years before they won the World Cup. I personally think the rookie backline tried to do too much without earning it, they kept trying to manufacture points instantly instead of building pressure and capitalising on that pressure, lesson learnt. One thing that seemed to kill us was their mid field kicking. Our wingers are pretty one dimensional, probably need a winger who has a kicking game and a bit more ball play.
The worst ever loss? I like the positive attitude and i still somehow manage to muster up hope that the Australian players won't literally wet themselves when they take to the field. But they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Coles. Just beautiful. Codie Taylor a huge step down.
The Only Good Whitelock: MOTM
C.Clarke. was looked after well
Mounga: really had his feet under him
ALB/Goodhue: great glue guys with great instincts who just take the right option virtually every single time. Almost cruel of Aus to biff all those new inside backs in there against them.

Petaia put a couple of those on their ass. He's certainly got the potential.

How bad was the wallabies kicking the ball away in our half? Lol, I was at work so caught glimpses of the game. Saw that and knew it was game over.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Sorry just one more regarding the refereeing. I'm starting to feel that due to the way the rules are written, World Rugby is placing a strong emphasis on refereeing consistency and by the book refereeing. I honestly believe that this does not need to be the case. We want our referee's to adjudicate the game so that it is fair but also free flowing; too often the sequence of events is scrum, penalty, lineout, scrum, penalty, lineout.. it's slow, takes too long and has no fatigue in the game.

Whether it is allowing our referee's to be more lenient by putting the whistle in the pocket (like they did in the last 8 minutes in Bledisloe 1), providing cleaners more time to get to the ruck or place a greater emphasis on actually stealing the ball not playing for a penalty, something needs to be done.

O'Keefe had a pretty poor game, IMO, but this is consistent with his regular performances. He doesn't police the scrum properly, and never has. He also doesn't police the ruck properly and never has. His big thing at the ruck is playing people past the ruck and he penalised that three times again tonight. He doesn't police people on the wrong side, tackler release or improper entry and never has. He like the Wallabies, is not a Tier 1 ref. He should have been made to address these issues before getting promoted to this level. The big disaster in this is that, and I say this as a referee, the breakdown is a key part of the game, it is the phase where the contest is most potent and it occurs the most times throughout the game. The fact he is so loose at this phase is an indictment on his selection. His poor game tonight is actually consistent from him, he is never any different.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Biggest losing margin EVER.

Dave Rennie is discount Deans.
That’s very clever, slipping in an under the belt shot that means nothing to anyone. Not dissimilar to most of your other posts.
Come back in a year and rate Rennies performance.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
All Blacks Exposing another kiwi coach and there Media tonight

Dont think poor coaching had much to do with it. I don't think the game plan was wrong. it was just poor skills all round.

Mainly our inability to defuse a high ball. I was an advocate for DHP to replace Bank he but was very poor, I think Banks would have been handy this game defusing bombs (like he did first game). it would be worse sacrificing his lack of attack for if the conditions are wet.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
It would be great if the Wallabies were more competitive but it's not the responsibility of the NZRU to get them better.

In my mind, the Wallabies took a dive after letting McKenzie go

I don't think it's a coaching issue. The hard truth is the quality of players we have across the board, coupled with competition keeping players honest with their performances. The All Blacks just have so much depth and consistency of quality/experience.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I get the disappointment, but the honest truth is that this is about the best we have running around in Australia atm, it's silly to think SS players are better at executing basic skills at this level. The depth just isn't there for the 3rd rung contact sport vs. NZ's essentially national sport. To call the players frauds is pretty harsh and unfair. Case in point was the youth and inexperience we had out there tonight.

If we had the ability to keep our ~26-30yr old talent that's migrated offshore it might be a different story, but Rugby just isn't in the financial position locally to keep our player base at home.

Are you seriously that challenged at comprehension? Go back and read what I posted. Don't post until you comprehend.

It is not harsh. It is truth. I tried babying apprentices along in my two vastly different professions and I found in both cases they got over inflated senses of their worth and skills, and in some regrettable cases got themselves and others hurt because they would not develop the proper skills. I don't baby anymore, if somebody simply doesn't have the skills necessary they get told and don't get paid the wages. Pisses the useless Training Organisations off no end since those frauds don't get paid for Not Yet Competent.

That is the Wallabies Not Yet Competent.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I always go into tests with high expectations. But was this result seriously that unexpected???

Our run on side included BPA, Phillips, Wilson, Petaia & Daugunu all who have 6 tests or less. Then we had Lolesio, Simone, McDermott & McReight all debut. That’s more than a third of the team. We were playing the ABs. What did people expect.

The Phoenix

Sydney Middleton (9)
It was a huge ask, and unfortunately he is still the best we have given the injuries we have. Least he scored a decent try.

Maybe he will go better without hiding him out the back, he got caught out of position at fullback a few times.

Perhaps, but I hope JOC (James O'Connor) is right for next week.