• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe # 3 - Saturday 31st October, ANZ Stadium

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
I agree with other posters, Rennie will want to retain experience in key positions.

There's not a great deal of experience in this team after the amount of caps lost after 2019.

It's imperative to retain the O'Conner & White halves pairing. This is not the match to debut a 20 year old at 10, such a key position. Rennie will probably give O'Conner his rest against Argentina and start Lolesio there.

I can see Rennie replacing Gordon on the bench with McDermott after last week.

DHP is a fairly seasoned campaigner and will probably get the nod ahead of Banks at 15.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
By the way, and I hope that nobody is offended, but I am pretty sure that none of the 23 players selected will be of indigenous descent, even though the team will be wearing the indigenous jersey. We have not come a long way, baby.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
By the way, and I hope that nobody is offended, but I am pretty sure that none of the 23 players selected will be of indigenous descent, even though the team will be wearing the indigenous jersey. We have not come a long way, baby.

Doesn't look great, previous years have been much better. This one looks like a rashie.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Doesn't look great, previous years have been much better. This one looks like a rashie.

They're all the same design just with different colour schemes.

Hopefully it looks a little better once the sizing doesn't make it look like it is made of lycra. I agree the photo with Hooper makes it look like a rashie.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Not enough indigenous folk go to the Right Schools mate.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I reckon we'll see:

White, JOC (James O'Connor), Koroibete, Simone, Petaia, Daugunu, Banks.

For Bledisloe 4 if we lose 3, then it might be :

Tate, Lolesio, Daugunu, Simone, Petaia, Wright, Maddocks. Baptism of fire against the ABs but getting ready for the Argies.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
The Blacks make very good inroads and stretch defenses by using the offload brilliantly , it commits defenders , creates momentum and creates space for fast , straight runners .. it is my thought that to combat it the Wallabies need to change the way they tackle, in close up front in hard with the shoulder ( and arms ) works but when they start running so many times defenders are left with flailing arms ,, a better way IMO is to use the league way of ball and all tackling , not trying to knock the runner down with first contact but to secure the ball and second / third one in takes them down , it is easier and also allows smaller fellows to successfully tackle larger blokes where they might be pushed off other wise ,,just grab the runner around the chest and secure the ball wait for back up , just looking for some way to stop the way they rampage through our defense sometimes

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon jersey looks better in the pictures today.

Ek1JgcPVcAANcWa

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I reckon we'll see:

White, JOC (James O'Connor), Koroibete, Simone, Petaia, Daugunu, Banks.

For Bledisloe 4 if we lose 3, then it might be :

Tate, Lolesio, Daugunu, Simone, Petaia, Wright, Maddocks. Baptism of fire against the ABs but getting ready for the Argies.
I watched the game again today. We were competitive from beginning to end and actually our attack in the second half was very good with Paisami at 12. Our forwards were a little on the back foot but basically NZ took their opportunities and we did not. We coughed up the pill and missed tackles.
Make our one on one tackles, don’t push passes and don’t kick to the behemoth. We are then in the game.

Paisami to start at 12 next week with Lolesio on the bench. I hope Hosea is on the bench in place of Simmons and Samu in place of Wright. That will do me.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)

statistically Indigenous Australians punch well above when it comes to being pro footballers, like well above. It shouldn't be a shock there's none in the team

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
statistically Indigenous Australians punch well above when it comes to being pro footballers, like well above. It shouldn't be a shock there's none in the team

No offence intended, I cannot follow your logic. Of course there are a lot of indigenous players in the AFL and NRL, but very few in our game - at the elite level, anyway. They might well be punching above their weight, but not in our code. As sad as it is to say this, but we have not earned the right as a code to wrap the indigenous identity around us.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

Statistically there should be at least 1-2 in a 45 man squad.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
No offence intended, I cannot follow your logic. Of course there are a lot of indigenous players in the AFL and NRL, but very few in our game - at the elite level, anyway. They might well be punching above their weight, but not in our code. As sad as it is to say this, but we have not earned the right as a code to wrap the indigenous identity around us.

Our participation numbers in general are no where near the other codes though, in general let alone indigenous wise. Not the best comparison

That’s part of what I’m saying, statistically there should be fewer in NRL and AFL they are over represented in these sports at a pro level, we probably shouldn’t be comparing ourselves to them. But I guess a bit of this comes back to participation numbers, but at the end of the day you either want to play the sport or you don’t

They’re a bit damned if they do, damned if they don’t. If they didn’t they’d have people complaining about not doing enough, not recognising etc etc at least if they do it this way they get people excited about a wallabies jersey and make some money off it, as cynical as that sounds

Anyway sorry bit of topic