• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe Cup Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

The point I am trying to make is the most substantial effort these fuckwits at the ARU have made in recent times has been a campaign for NSW tourism! You can bet your bottom dollar none of this hoo haa would have gone on if it wasn't for the NSW Gov tipping cash in to try to re-establish itself as a major events destination. This has nothing to do with growing/promoting rugby.

I can name 100 initiatives that would be more worthwhile to growing and promoting rugby before a 'Bledisloe Cup Festival'.

Of course its about money...

NSW Tourism negotiated to have the Bledisloe remain in Sydney, just as the QLD Govt did with the Brisbane matches and much like the Melbourne and Hong Kong matches in the past..
I would be highly disappointed if the ARU signed a 10year deal with the NSW Govt for zero $$$....

What exactly is your opinion on the 'Bledisloe Festival'?

T

TOCC

rugbyisfun, there are quite obviously half a dozen or so threads related to Deans and JON, it gets quite tedious makes the forum rather monotonous when people feel the need to raise the some issues in every single thread.. You created a good thread in regards to the Bledisloe Festival, lets talk about that..

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
The Bledisloe Festival is to promote the Bledisloe Cup match in Sydney. Did it boost the profile of the game? I think it did, so it would have achieved its aim. If the ARU could get the NSW government to stump up some $$$ to promote then why would you knock that back? It's not the cure for all rugby's problems nor is it the cause of the problems.

Brisbane has a 10 year deal also. We are not getting one for a while.
Our deal is: 2013 Lions (Tour/Test), 2014 France, 2016 England
We managed to get the Lions Tour & Test games in the same week. The VIC government will use that.

Thanks for that. The Qld government may not be too keen with the current bout of cost cutting.

I can name 100 initiatives that would be more worthwhile to growing and promoting rugby before a 'Bledisloe Cup Festival'.

Why don't you list your 100 initiatives on the G&GR Grassroots Rugby Think Tank thread? Look forward to reading them.

T

TOCC

The Bledisloe Festival is to promote the Bledisloe Cup match in Sydney. Did it boost the profile of the game? I think it did, so it would have achieved its aim. If the ARU could get the NSW government to stump up some $$$ to promote then why would you knock that back? It's not the cure for all rugby's problems nor is it the cause of the problems.

Thanks for that. The Qld government may not be too keen with the current bout of cost cutting.

Why don't you list your 100 initiatives on the G&GR Grassroots Rugby Think Tank thread? Look forward to reading them.

QLD Govt agreed on the deal last year i believe, so fortunately for us Queenslanders its already locked in otherwise we could have very well scene it disappear south or even west..

As for the 'Bledisloe Festival', I dont think that the purpose of the event is to purely boost the profile of the game, rather increase the experience of those visiting Sydney and the Corporate support within Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.