• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I'm fed up with this.

Why isn't Curtis Browning being blooded? Why is Saia Fainga'a persisted with over Hanson? How does O'Donoghue keep his spot over McDuling? How does Rod Davies warrant selection?

At least Daley is riding the pine.....I guess that's one positive selection.

Browning's omission is a joke. He's added much more than Shatz has in recent games, and offers a different dynamic to Quirk (who I actually think has been good). A 6:2 split here would of made sense, given that Frisby and Lucas both cover half back and other positions.

Fuck RG, you're going Deans on us.

T

Train Without a Station

Dud team in my view.

Beau was our only ball runner in the back row on the weekend, he's not starting. Browning offered impact off the bench, he's not in the squad.

I don't know how RG hasn't considered if he is going to start Gill, to move Beau to 6 which has worked quite well in the past and Browning to 8. The back row has underperformed all year. Quirk and Shatz have been the two constants of this.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I would have thought this week would have been ideally set for Taps at 12 and CFS at 13, given Harris to 15 but sadly, not to be.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
have said it before - Saia IS considered a better scrummager than Chib. Both sililar around the paddock - each has different strengths.

However I think Jake has not been performing as well as Browning and I think he deserves his shot

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
I would have thought this week would have been ideally set for Taps at 12 and CFS at 13, given Harris to 15 but sadly, not to be.
I Agree. Lucas had to go for mine and Harris is a good choice for 15. But Ant has not had a good year even with his defense which was one of his strengths in past seasons.
I think JJT should have started, he was causing some serious problems for the Hurricanes defence and would have been a good selection at 12,13 or 11, however his lapses in defence may have cost him his chance to start. But during the week he could have had intensive instruction to enable him to start to "believe in the defence structure" as per RG. A leap of faith perhaps.
Like others,bewildered by the omission of Browning and retention Of Shatz. As per Scott Allens article ''selection" is one of the four areas the coach controls. I don't think he has got the selections right for the last 2 games and this one at the least. Questions also need to be asked regarding the mental preparation aspect to preparing for games. The reds look flat, uninspired and generally uninterested apart from a few exceptions like J Slipper.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Can't see the Reds' back line matching the Blues in attack, and the packs look similar to me. The Reds' opportunities will come through the 9/10 channels if Will and Quade play near their best. Reds to win in a close game.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
tumblr_moz0rx8lzE1sqv808o1_250.gif

@trainwithoutastation
Beau carried decently but even he got absolutely smacked a couple of times, that Vito hit still stands out.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Can't see the Reds' back line matching the Blues in attack, and the packs look similar to me. The Reds' opportunities will come through the 9/10 channels if Will and Quade play near their best. Reds to win in a close game.

There's a real vulnerability with the Hall/Hickey combination. Hickey's kicking game is iffy and whilst he's shown some glimpses of what he's capable of, he is still very green and someone like Gill could do a number on him.

Kaino was simply a class above last week. He will be gunning for another one.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
"Why isn't Curtis Browning being blooded? Why is Saia Fainga'a persisted with over Hanson? How does O'Donoghue keep his spot over McDuling? How does Rod Davies warrant selection?"- Tigerland12

Couldn't agree more, T12. Absolutely on the money

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Speaking of Braid's...Does anyone remember when Daniel Braid ran around for the Reds? Quality break-away. He played bloody well against the Waratahs back when Big Cliffy scored on the siren.

Curtis Browning HAS to get a run along with Dave McDuling. It's about time the Reds tried something new, because the current ain't working too well.

T

Tip

With the Reds season over, I'm not sure what I want more.
A ridiculous losing streak to end RG's reign as coach or 7 bonus point wins on the trot to put us in the finals.

Sadly only one of those looks possible at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.