• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues vs Jaguares - Round 6, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Venue: QBE Stadium
Time: 08:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Jaguares starting XV for the Blues test:

1- Roberto Tejerizo
2- Julián Montoya
3- Ramiro Herrera
4- Guido Petti
5- Tomás Lavanini
6- Tomás Lezana
7- Rodrigo Báez
8- Leonardo Senatore
9- Martín Landajo (c)
10- Santiago González Iglesias
11- Manuel Montero
12- Jerónimo de la Fuente
13- Matías Moroni
14- Emiliano Boffelli
15- Ramiro Moyano

Reserves:

16- Facundo Bosch
17- Santiago García Botta
18- Enrique Pieretto
19- Juan Cruz Guillemaín
20- Pablo Matera
21- Gonzalo Bertranou
22- Nicolás Sánchez
23- Joaquín Paz

Blues starting XV to face the Jaguares:

1 Nic Mayhew
2 James Parsons (c)
3 Charlie Faumuina
4 Patrick Tuipulotu
5 Josh Bekhuis
6 Joe Edwards
7 Blake Gibson
8 Steven Luatua
9 Bryn Hall
10 Ihaia West
11 Tevita Li
12 Piers Francis
13 Rene Ranger
14 Rieko Ioane
15 Lolagi Visinia

Reserves:

16 Quentin MacDonald, 17 Sam Prattley, 18 Ofa Tu’ungafasi, 19 Hoani Matenga, 20 Akira Ioane, 21 Billy Guyton, 22 Matt McGahan, 23 George Moala

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Good luck to both sides and remember to play the whistle and not assume a knock on has occurred just because a dropped ball is propelled towards the opposition goal line.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Seems like Jaguares expect to lose this match by putting up a B team?

Well, Jaguares is the team with more frequent flier miles in this competition. So the staff have planned a very strict rotation of players. Don't forget that Jaguares and Pumas are the same team. So those 40 players will have another South African tour in May (They have been in SA for 40 days for the round 1 & 2), they will travel to Japan. Then they will flight to SA, NZ and OZ for TRC and don't forget the November's window in Europe. The rotation is neccesary for this team

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Certainly aren't playing like it.
Well, international rugby and Super Rugby are very different kind of competitions. In Super Rugby the pace is more intense than international rugby and you don't waste too much time in set-pieces like in the Northern Hemisphere, especially against Kiwis and Aussies teams. At the international level, few sides play running rugby. Just wait one or two years and the Jaguares will be a real threat for the competition. Also the Jaguares lost some top players that prefers the big money in Europe like: Fernandez Lobbe, Marcelo Bosch, Juan Imhoff, Manuel Carizza and Marcos Ayerza.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)

1 Nic Mayhew
2 James Parsons (c)
3 Charlie Faumuina
4 Patrick Tuipulotu
5 Josh Bekhuis
6 Joe Edwards
7 Blake Gibson
8 Steven Luatua
9 Bryn Hall
10 Ihaia West
11 Tevita Li
12 Piers Francis
13 Rene Ranger
14 Rieko Ioane
15 Lolagi Visinia

Reserves:

16 Quentin MacDonald, 17 Sam Prattley, 18 Ofa Tu’ungafasi, 19 Hoani Matenga, 20 Akira Ioane, 21 Billy Guyton, 22 Matt McGahan, 23 George Moala

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't agree at all the pace is quicker than Test rugby, certainly not TRC maybe the 6N. Every player I've heard comment on the pace agrees with that too.

There's really no excuse for the underperformance of the Jaguares. It's quite baffling.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

1 Nic Mayhew
2 James Parsons (c)
3 Charlie Faumuina
4 Patrick Tuipulotu
5 Josh Bekhuis
6 Joe Edwards
7 Blake Gibson
8 Steven Luatua
9 Bryn Hall
10 Ihaia West
11 Tevita Li
12 Piers Francis
13 Rene Ranger
14 Rieko Ioane
15 Lolagi Visinia

Reserves:

The resting of Creevy and Tu'ungafasi has certainly taken the gloss off this game. Wrecked my fantasy team too! I needed to make changes in the backs and have just lost two key scorers for me. Only four changes allowed this week.

I understand the rationale for the Jaguares/Pumas, but I have no idea what Umaga is trying to do. Tu'ungafasi has been one of the Blues best so far, they've just come off the bye, so he gets to ride the pine. It can't be that he needs a rest. Is Joe Gibson really better than Akira Ioane? And clearly, although its round 6, Umaga doesn't know who to select as his 12/13 pairing. This week its Francis and Ranger with Moala on the bench and probably someone else next week. Two weeks ago Ranger was dropped out of the 23 on form, but somehow he found it during the bye.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Is Joe Gibson really better than Akira Ioane?

Who the fark is "Joe Gibson"?
Oh i get it, its code,
Joe Edwards,
Blake Gibson,
= Blake Edwards, Pink Panther films, makes sense now, righto, as you were

4.1-Edwards.png

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I've tipped your useless bastards Dismal. I've spun the chocolate wheel and come up with this to be one of their two good games for the season. They better not let me down.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
They better not let me down.

Prepare to be let down.

Whenever Blues play in Albany they lose all their bearings and wander into each other in the pitch black darkness and fall over in the rain and start crying and collapse completely.

Plus, astonishingly, Tana has picked a pom named "Piers" to play at 2nd 5. A pom named Piers mind you. May as well bring back Hamish from fuckin' Northcote. Or the Duffman ("Duffman!") from Round 1, if the stupid prick has even landed yet after being given the biggest fuck off in rugby history c/o a rampaging Nadolo.

Tana seems to have decided it's a "rebuilding year" from round 1. Give everyone a look and after he's rotated the franchise right out of any chance of making the playoffs, he'll have a handy excuse to embrace the rotation and call it "getting ready for next year".

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don't agree at all the pace is quicker than Test rugby, certainly not TRC maybe the 6N. Every player I've heard comment on the pace agrees with that too.

There's really no excuse for the underperformance of the Jaguares. It's quite baffling.

Martin Landajo said that one week ago, for him Super Rugby is quicker than test rugby.

I'm talking about international rugby, especially Tier 1 & 2. At that level only NZ & OZ play running rugby frequently. In Super Rugby you have almost 10 teams playing running rugby or trying to do that: Cheetahs, Waratahs, Brumbies, all the NZ franchises, Stormers in some seasons and obviously the Jaguares.

In Super Rugby, if you have a penalty in the last minutes, many captains choose kick to the touch. In Test rugby almost all captains take the 3 points in that situation.

G

galumay

Impossible to pick this one, either side is very capable of losing this game, not sure which team will be successful!

Iñaki Zubizarreta

Herbert Moran (7)
Well, Jaguares is the team with more frequent flier miles in this competition. So the staff have planned a very strict rotation of players. Don't forget that Jaguares and Pumas are the same team. So those 40 players will have another South African tour in May (They have been in SA for 40 days for the round 1 & 2), they will travel to Japan. Then they will flight to SA, NZ and OZ for TRC and don't forget the November's window in Europe. The rotation is neccesary for this team

Hi MHCS, you're always well informed. It's evident that after 4 matches, the coach wants to rest some key players for the rest of this NZ - JAP mini tour. A long year wait for this guys all together.
I'm looking forward to watch the Pantera Montero's performance tonight, after 10 months of inactivity (knee surgery). Good opportunity for the new boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.